The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

On 20.12.2016 at 6:39 PM, Rakawan said:

All four initiates enter the classroom and sit. 

A small group of humans in robes also join them.

He took some time to study the students. Moving his gaze from one entity to another, he held it a bit longer on a bulky tenno youngster. Perhaps he seemed familiar, or perhaps it was the scenery itself reminding him of something. In any case, before the attendants began to wonder “what are we doing here and who the hell is that guy?” he broke the silence. 

“Good morning, neophytes and listeners. My name is Teloch Siger, I am the brigade general of the White Tiger Cove. But since none of you is within our cohorts and neither is an old war veteran, I would suggest you not to mention my rank when referring” 

Baast took place atop one of the rug, pretending she’s a student too 

“And this is Mistress Baast,” he said and then paused, but before listeners could chuckle from her “title”, he added, “She will ensure you listen attentively”. The feline affirmatively meowed with a low-pitched voice. 

“Following your principal’s offer to get to know the functions of the institution in which we now happen to be on practice, I agreed to share some knowledge and experience from the field of my expertise. So, today I also welcome thee at the doorstep of your tenno-being as an emissary of the path of force, also casually known in our age as the Madurai school. If to be true to the great cycle of generation, it should’ve been a master of the Naramon welcoming you first. I will explain you later why it should’ve been that way. For now, I see that some of you – and specifically the non-tenno listeners – are interested in hearing of the paths not only as tool or prisms through which we focus our void energies but also as philosophic conceptions via which we affiliate ourselves with the universe and find our routes through the waves of time” 

He made a short pause 

“But before we continue, I want you to know that I will employ elements of the Socratic method of teaching, so expect to be asked. All of you have your thoughts on the paths that you built upon those pieces of knowledge you could find. All of you have different thoughts on which are more appealing to you and the reasons that make it so. Who of you – at this very moment – can state his or her readiness or willingness to follow the ways of Madurai?”

Edited by Teloch

On 12/26/2016 at 7:56 AM, Teloch said:

He took some time to study the students. Moving his gaze from one entity to another, he held it a bit longer on a bulky tenno youngster. Perhaps he seemed familiar, or perhaps it was the scenery itself reminding him of something. In any case, before the attendants began to wonder “what are we doing here and who the hell is that guy?” he broke the silence. 

“Good morning, neophytes and listeners. My name is Teloch Siger, I am the brigade general of the White Tiger Cove. But since none of you is within our cohorts and neither is an old war veteran, I would suggest you not to mention my rank when referring” 

Baast took place atop one of the rug, pretending she’s a student too 

“And this is Mistress Baast,” he said and then paused, but before listeners could chuckle from her “title”, he added, “She will ensure you listen attentively”. The feline affirmatively meowed with a low-pitched voice. 

“Following your principal’s offer to get to know the functions of the institution in which we now happen to be on practice, I agreed to share some knowledge and experience from the field of my expertise. So, today I also welcome thee at the doorstep of your tenno-being as an emissary of the path of force, also casually known in our age as the Madurai school. If to be true to the great cycle of generation, it should’ve been a master of the Naramon welcoming you first. I will explain you later why it should’ve been that way. For now, I see that some of you – and specifically the non-tenno listeners – are interested in hearing of the paths not only as tool or prisms through which we focus our void energies but also as philosophic conceptions via which we affiliate ourselves with the universe and find our routes through the waves of time” 

He made a short pause 

“But before we continue, I want you to know that I will employ elements of the Socratic method of teaching, so expect to be asked. All of you have your thoughts on the paths that you built upon those pieces of knowledge you could find. All of you have different thoughts on which are more appealing to you and the reasons that make it so. Who of you – at this very moment – can state his or her readiness or willingness to follow the ways of Madurai?”

Tony stands.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

One of the farmers comes running.

"What is it?" He asks. "Fluffles?"

*Shes without her frame, she cralws back into the wall, behind her, she points to the clearly visible Infested in the tank, Its clear she is shaking* "Why is such...IMPURE, MONSTERS IN HERE!?"

20 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*Shes without her frame, she cralws back into the wall, behind her, she points to the clearly visible Infested in the tank, Its clear she is shaking* "Why is such...IMPURE, MONSTERS IN HERE!?"

He walks up and checks the tanks.

"Oh these." He says. "The higher-ups wanted us to have them on hand in case there was another invasion. They are perfectly contained and sterilized."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He walks up and checks the tanks.

"Oh these." He says. "The higher-ups wanted us to have them on hand in case there was another invasion. They are perfectly contained and sterilized."

*She looks to him, getting up to her feet* "Still, contained and sterilized. they are still monsters, Do you not kown, how quickly they can spread?"

23 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Tony stands.

Siger’s face remained mostly unchanged at the sight of the answer but it would be naïve to suppose that he did not react at all. He silently gestured to the neophyte to sit down.

“To tame the energies, one must know their nature, and so their source of origin. I don't have to remind that the source of our powers is the Void, especially to the neophytes. But know that not everything is as it seems. You have been touched by the Void recently: embraced, hit, pierced, infused, primed, or even kissed. That experience is now your secrecy - something you will carry deep inside to the end of your days and maybe after. You have your thoughts on what is the Void, but what you may not know is that the concept of the primordial chaos - the backside of the world we know or the demon space as the Orokin called it - was developed millenniums before humanity ventured into the space for the first time. Our wide species always felt the presence of chaos by the other side of the creation. The entropy was wide and everything was a mystery. While the first human civilizations braved the secrets of the realm, they developed a set of mythoses that almost always started from the genesis out of the perfect chaos. The folk that inhabited the Southern cradle of humanity called it Nu. The great civilization that resided in-between two sacred rivers depicted this chaos as a deity named Tiamat - the severe mother and the destroyer of all..."

He squinted cunningly and stroke his chin for a couple of times before continuing, "... After the experience you survived through two days ago, some of you may also suspect that the force that born you anew is sentient. Just so you know, the longer I live, the more proofs I find to this assumption. But I’m being cryptic and derailing the lecture” He coughed and continued.

“The cosmology of the northern folk included the term Ginnungagap – the bipolar gap-like realm from which the gods and the world originated. They could never imagine how close their beliefs of the progenitor-space were to the actual Void. Ancients knew that the pure chaos or the absolute order are antagonistic to the very concept of life, and so they developed the first cosmology-based philosophies to balance and comprehend the chaos. There were many of them: the Sephirot concept of the Tree of Life, the four-elements paradigm, and the Wu-Xing concept - the one that we eventually employed as our guiding light soon after the first tenno seen the fields of war. The concept of the fifthflod universe was created at the very dawn of the Han empire, not long after humanity discovered the dichotomic nature of the universe. It survived for thousands of years to eventually give us the conception of how can we control the chaos - the Void - that became our very flesh and spirit when we were born again. And that is how the five paths were rediscovered and, for the first time in the recorded history, put to the most practical of all uses. Modern people often tend to treat the paths as mere exercises – as if they were as utilitarian as gymnastics or physical workouts. But they confuse the starts reflected in a pond at night with those in the sky: the paths are the set of principles and guidance of how to live one’s life”

Instead of giving more descriptions, Siger decided to address the listeners,

“One of the ancient sages once wrote: “And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee”. Who of all present can explain the meaning of this line?”

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Siger’s face remained mostly unchanged at the sight of the answer but it would be naïve to suppose that he did not react at all. He silently gestured to the neophyte to sit down.

“To tame the energies, one must know their nature, and so their source of origin. I don't have to remind that the source of our powers is the Void, especially to the neophytes. But know that not everything is as it seems. You have been touched by the Void recently: embraced, hit, pierced, infused, primed, or even kissed. That experience is now your secrecy - something you will carry deep inside to the end of your days and maybe after. You have your thoughts on what is the Void, but what you may not know is that the concept of the primordial chaos - the backside of the world we know or the demon space as the Orokin called it - was developed millenniums before humanity ventured into the space for the first time. Our wide species always felt the presence of chaos by the other side of the creation. The entropy was wide and everything was a mystery. While the first human civilizations braved the secrets of the realm, they developed a set of mythoses that almost always started from the genesis out of the perfect chaos. The folk that inhabited the Southern cradle of humanity called it Nu. The great civilization that resided in-between two sacred rivers depicted this chaos as a deity named Tiamat - the severe mother and the destroyer of all..."

He squinted cunningly and stroke his chin for a couple of times before continuing, "... After the experience you survived through two days ago, some of you may also suspect that the force that born you anew is sentient. Just so you know, the longer I live, the more proofs I find to this assumption. But I’m being cryptic and derailing the lecture” He coughed and continued.

“The cosmology of the northern folk included the term Ginnungagap – the bipolar gap-like realm from which the gods and the world originated. They could never imagine how close their beliefs of the progenitor-space were to the actual Void. Ancients knew that the pure chaos or the absolute order are antagonistic to the very concept of life, and so they developed the first cosmology-based philosophies to balance and comprehend the chaos. There were many of them: the Sephirot concept of the Tree of Life, the four-elements paradigm, and the Wu-Xing concept - the one that we eventually employed as our guiding light soon after the first tenno seen the fields of war. The concept of the fifthflod universe was created at the very dawn of the Han empire, not long after humanity discovered the dichotomic nature of the universe. It survived for thousands of years to eventually give us the conception of how can we control the chaos - the Void - that became our very flesh and spirit when we were born again. And that is how the five paths were rediscovered and, for the first time in the recorded history, put to the most practical of all uses. Modern people often tend to treat the paths as mere exercises – as if they were as utilitarian as gymnastics or physical workouts. But they confuse the starts reflected in a pond at night with those in the sky: the paths are the set of principles and guidance of how to live one’s life”

Instead of giving more descriptions, Siger decided to address the listeners,

“One of the ancient sages once wrote: “And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee”. Who of all present can explain the meaning of this line?”

One man raises his hand.

"That by treating such an entity as if it were sentient, it gains a certain amount of sentience?" He asks.

The others give him a sideways glance.

48 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

One man raises his hand.

"That by treating such an entity as if it were sentient, it gains a certain amount of sentience?" He asks.

The others give him a sideways glance.

“Now that was a rather uncommon interpretation,” Teloch replied, trying not to offend the listener for the wrong answer and slightly shaking his head because the answer followed not from those whom he expected to take the active participation at the first palace.

“You inevitably become what your mind focuses on. Should you focus on the force and expansive energies – you will become one of the powers that put the universe in a motion.  Should you focus on the balance and status quo, you will become the tide of stability which balances the opposite powers and reduces the chaos. Should you focus on the life-death metamorphosis, and you will become one of the streams that nourish the new life and wash away all that is no longer alive.  Thus why the teaching of the paths has also been called “the focus”. If you commit yourself to the path, you become the path. The further you go, the more you transform into the very essence of your school. Now tell me, what other attributes and archetypes of the Madurai path do you know?"

Edited by Teloch

On 12/23/2016 at 6:36 AM, Rakawan said:

The young woman by Kira pulled out a small heater and begins placing the extensions at different corners. 

Maverick pulls out a console and begins typing in what appears to be a journal.

Kira kneels by a box and works to open it. 

The tigers start various tasks to make the cave into a base of operations.

The stinging on your hands has lessened to being bearable, but there are boils nd swelling where the sap was concentrated.

Max leans against a wall, and takes off the goggles.  He let his other senses do the rest of the work, not even worrying about the corrective measure.  he smelled the rain, the plants outside, and the stone walls.  He felt each movement of the air, each degree of change that occurred.  It all felt, different.  Clearer than before.  he let his eyes close, semi dozing.  "Let me know when you need me do do something other than drag boxes around.  I'm sure you brought me for my mind, not my body."

28 minutes ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Max leans against a wall, and takes off the goggles.  He let his other senses do the rest of the work, not even worrying about the corrective measure.  he smelled the rain, the plants outside, and the stone walls.  He felt each movement of the air, each degree of change that occurred.  It all felt, different.  Clearer than before.  he let his eyes close, semi dozing.  "Let me know when you need me do do something other than drag boxes around.  I'm sure you brought me for my mind, not my body."

"I certainly didn't bring you for your heart." Kira remarks wryly.

Maverick is checking a device that seems to announce the weather.

"80% chance of monsoon rain tomorrow." He says excitedly. "I can't wait... and hurricane winds tonight. It's beautiful!"

4 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*She looks to him, getting up to her feet* "Still, contained and sterilized. they are still monsters, Do you not kown, how quickly they can spread?"

"In reckon about as fast as fluffles." He says. "But their sterile. Now what did you come in here for?"

3 hours ago, Teloch said:

“Now that was a rather uncommon interpretation,” Teloch replied, trying not to offend the listener for the wrong answer and slightly shaking his head because the answer followed not from those whom he expected to take the active participation at the first palace.

“You inevitably become what your mind focuses on. Should you focus on the force and expansive energies – you will become one of the powers that put the universe in a motion.  Should you focus on the balance and status quo, you will become the tide of stability which balances the opposite powers and reduces the chaos. Should you focus on the life-death metamorphosis, and you will become one of the streams that nourish the new life and wash away all that is no longer alive.  Thus why the teaching of the paths has also been called “the focus”. If you commit yourself to the path, you become the path. The further you go, the more you transform into the very essence of your school. Now tell me, what other attributes and archetypes of the Madurai path do you know?"

Silence this time.

No one raises a hand. A few seem shocked to learn there are other archetypes.

53 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I certainly didn't bring you for your heart." Kira remarks wryly.

Maverick is checking a device that seems to announce the weather.

"80% chance of monsoon rain tomorrow." He says excitedly. "I can't wait... and hurricane winds tonight. It's beautiful!"

Max slowclaps. "The only thing that could make it better is a massive meteor storm which will scorch the earth."  He folds his arms across his chest.  

8 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*She exhales and re-picks up the water battle* "Wanted to refill the water tank, for myself and everyone else" 

"Well best be on with it." He says. "No use startling the things. Cages may be secure but you don't dangle steak in front of a dog and expect it to end well."