The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Tiny does not drop st first, another set of sparks sliding between his fingers. Then the girl next to him puts her hand on his arm, pushing it down, and he stops. Still as he looks at you you can almost see the gears turning, 

It happens again when you talk of Vazarin. Though that time he has the oookg of someone who has been told that while he has a knife, someone else has a gun. 

Both stand. 

Seth turns to look at Tony, who meets his gaze with a wry smile.

"It. Appears. We. Are. To. Be. Comrades." He says. 

"Not to a backstabbing traitor like yourself!" Tony snaps. 

Tony's hand twitches and the energy in the room fluctuates imperceptibly. Then the girl from before touches his ankle and he instead folds his hands and bows. 

"So. Be. It." He says. "Brother."

He turns and departs the room. Seth looks rather pleased with himself.

Seeing the girl calming Tony down for a number of times made Siger recall his own "living safeguard". This whole day was entirely karmic as if the "Ethernal Return" made another loop. Once, he was at Tony's place, having almost similar issues but in the much more dire state. 

The scene of a quarrel did not gladden him since it stated the necessity to inform the principals of the monastery about the issue and make suggestions on its resolution. 

"So, there are changes in your views, which marks the time well spent," he said while following Tony with his look that shifted on a girl which calmed down the troubled neophyte, "Now, ask away your questions"

Edited by Teloch

16 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"It was only a few hours." He says. "But in your presence time stands still."

There is the sound of a throat clearing and a very formal Nekros Prime looks at you from the corridor.

"A word, Assassin." He says to Ares.

"Go on, this looks important. I need to go grab my knives anyway." 

She smiles and walks over to her room to look for her throwing knives

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"Go on, this looks important. I need to go grab my knives anyway." 

She smiles and walks over to her room to look for her throwing knives

You hear their voices raise.

"So he is a prodigy." 

"A prodigy? That is your explanation? It's like he is absorbing knowledge from somewhere."

"He would not!"

"If I find one shade missing."

"Fine."

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

She peeks out slightly to see what's happening while putting her knives under her coat

The Nekros notices and lowers his voice.

"She should know." Ares says. "She is his teacher after all."

The Nekros nods.

"I have concerns about one of your pupils." He says.

Edited by Rakawan

6 hours ago, Teloch said:

Seeing the girl calming Tony down for a number of times made Siger recall his own "living safeguard". This whole day was entirely karmic as if the "Ethernal Return" made another loop. Once, he was at Tony's place, having almost similar issues but in the much more dire state. 

The scene of a quarrel did not gladden him since it stated the necessity to inform the principals of the monastery about the issue and make suggestions on its resolution. 

"So, there are changes in your views, which marks the time well spent," he said while following Tony with his look that shifted on a girl which calmed down the troubled neophyte, "Now, ask away your questions"

One of the humans stands and raises his hand.

Just now, Teloch said:

"Go on. If you endured this lecture then you have a right to ask questions. This concerns everyone present, in fact"

"Phil Carlson." He says. "I was just how all that applies to us regular, non-Tenno civilians."

He looks around. 

"Of was a pretty speech and all, no mistake, but I don't see how it helps with day to day life." He says. "It seems pretty, preferential to teach something only Tenno will find use for."

A few others nod in agreement.

22 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Phil Carlson." He says. "I was just how all that applies to us regular, non-Tenno civilians."

He looks around. 

"Of was a pretty speech and all, no mistake, but I don't see how it helps with day to day life." He says. "It seems pretty, preferential to teach something only Tenno will find use for."

A few others nod in agreement.

He began to slowly approach the inquirer while fiddling with the HUD.

"If you remember from what have I started this little lesson, you would know that the pathways philosophy had been invented and developed long before firearms became a thing, not even speaking about tenno kind. This teaching became a basis to the eastern medicine, astrology, philosophy, martial arts, performative arts, politology, and even psychology. It explains the issues that surround us each day. For example, Madurai is about making decisions whether to take or not to take actions in complex situations. When you meet a situation that requires you to make a swift decision that may turn crucial, you can always apply the four base principles that you hopefully learned today to your issue and to receive a filtered answer on your "to act or not to act" question. It also teaches you how to accumulate and control your emotional strengths, and how to prevent outbursts and burnouts. And this is only one of the five branches"

Siger handed a man an extracted datum that seemed to contain a number of text files a gallery containing traditional Wu Xing paintings, and even some audio files for meditation.

"Ancients were very practical people," he said and moved back, "Any other questions?" 

Baast approached Seth and began to sniff him either cautiously, curiously, or both.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

He began to slowly approach the inquirer while fiddling with the HUD.

"If you remember from what have I started this little lesson, you would know that the pathways philosophy had been invented and developed long before firearms became a thing, not even speaking about tenno kind. This teaching became a basis to the eastern medicine, astrology, philosophy, martial arts, performative arts, politology, and even psychology. It explains the issues that surround us each day. For example, Madurai is about making decisions whether to take or not to take actions in complex situations. When you meet a situation that requires you to make a swift decision that may turn crucial, you can always apply the four base principles that you hopefully learned today to your issue and to receive a filtered answer on your "to act or not to act" question. It also teaches you how to accumulate and control your emotional strengths, and how to prevent outbursts and burnouts. And this is only one of the five branches"

Siger handed a man an extracted datum that seemed to contain a number of text files a gallery containing traditional Wu Xing paintings, and even some audio files for meditation.

"Ancients were very practical people," he said and moved back, "Any other questions?" 

Baast approached Seth and began to sniff him either cautiously, curiously, or both.

Seth looks down at Baast and pats her on the head with a heavy hand.

32 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Seth looks down at Baast and pats her on the head with a heavy hand.

Even though she didn't really enjoy a pat at full due to being armored, she snorted playfully and rubbed her back against neophyte's hand before going back to her place. 

"The silence indicates that you understood either everything or nothing at all," Siger ironized, "Is anyone else being curious? Go on, I don't bite..." normally

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Even though she didn't really enjoy a pat at full due to being armored, she snorted playfully and rubbed her back against neophyte's hand before going back to her place. 

"The silence indicates that you understood either everything or nothing at all," Siger ironized, "Is anyone else being curious? Go on, I don't bite..." normally

"Short of being a Vazarin disciple is there any other way to reign in a Madurai user?" Lucy asks.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Short of being a Vazarin disciple is there any other way to reign in a Madurai user?" Lucy asks.

Now that was some strange question.

"Focus is only one of the tools in our possession; there are still such tools like physical force and combat proficiency. Beyond that, earlier I mentioned about such types of pathway interactions as "overcoming" and "insulting". These are asymmetrical actions that in the most cases don't result in anything good for either side. Speaking of, why ask exactly of this?"

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Now that was some strange question.

"Focus is only one of the tools in our possession; there are still such tools like physical force and combat proficiency. Beyond that, earlier I mentioned about such types of pathway interactions as "overcoming" and "insulting". These are asymmetrical actions that in the most cases don't result in anything good for either side. Speaking of, why ask exactly of this?"

"Well because we're a team." She says gesturing to the three remaining Tenno. "Or are supposed to be. Sometimes team members get hot-headed."

She pointedly looks at Seth.

"When people just fight with fists you can physically hold them back, or step between." She says. "Is there any path about mediation. One about breaking up fights or stepping between fighters who have such power?"

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Well because we're a team." She says gesturing to the three remaining Tenno. "Or are supposed to be. Sometimes team members get hot-headed."

She pointedly looks at Seth.

"When people just fight with gusts you can physically hold them back, or step between." She says. "Is there any path about mediation. One about breaking up fights or stepping between fighters who have such power?"

"If you remember the last part of the lecture, I mentioned that Unairu is the path that balances the opposing powers. It is the center of the cycle and its turning point. Because it isn't my sphere of expertise, you will have to seek for an actual Unairu master if you wish to know the depths and details"

He paused for a bit and asked her back, "Say, did Tony always behave in the way he do now or is it something that occured after the tennofication?"

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"If you remember the last part of the lecture, I mentioned that Unairu is the path that balances the opposing powers. It is the center of the cycle and its turning point. Because it isn't my sphere of expertise, you will have to seek for an actual Unairu master if you wish to know the depths and details"

He paused for a bit and asked her back, "Say, did Tony always behave in the way he do now or is it something that occured after the tennofication?"

"He's not the one I'm worried about." She says, giving Seth a reproachful glance. 

Maurice stands.

"What behavior are you referring to?" She asks.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

"Well, what if it was a herbivore?"  Max walks away, heading back near the mouth of the cave, and leaning against the wall.

"I don't care if it was a sparrow."She says. "If you see something odd you tell the group, you don't keep it to yourself."

She smiles. 

"Unless you want to do this alone." She says. "If you get tired of teamwork you could always just walk out into the rain and make your own way. Of course you'd probably die."

Edited by Rakawan

57 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"He's not the one I'm worried about." She says, giving Seth a reproachful glance. 

Maurice stands.

"What behavior are you referring to?" She asks.

Siger noticed Lucy's looks and mimics. "I wish my wartime personnel officer Eloise Fitzroy was here. She was a genius when it came to rallying up the heterogeneous bunch of lunatics we were," he shook his head with a slightly sad smile, "she would have thought you so much..."

He turned to Maurice

"The lack of self-control, obstructed speech, intense yet chaotic cognitive capacities, introversion, the unnatural speed of learning in at least one discipline. He is a capable student, but the problem is that he is deep into the moon side. There is... something that afflicts him, and if it is what I suspect, then he needs the help of someone who would clear his mind"

He paused to consider something and after a short moment of inner struggle added, "Believe it or not, but he dreadfully reminds me of myself soon after the exposure. That mention of the "burning moons" was neither a spontaneous one nor a filler"

Edited by Teloch

5 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"I don't care if it was a sparrow."She says. "If you see something odd you tell the group, you don't keep it to yourself."

She smiles. 

"Unless you want to do this alone." She says. "If you get tired of teamwork you could always just walk out into the rain and make your own way. Of course you'd probably die."

"Still want me dead, do ya?  Pity."  He didn't even glance back at her.  "Alright.  I let you know of even the smallest of gnats, capitan."  ((cap-ee-tahn))

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

"Still want me dead, do ya?  Pity."  He didn't even glance back at her.  "Alright.  I let you know of even the smallest of gnats, capitan."  ((cap-ee-tahn))

"You think you're being clever." She says with a feral smile. "But you're not. Because if you disturb me for something I deem worthless, like say a gnat, then I'll boot you anyways."

She sweeps her arms.

"My expedition, my rules." She says. "Now Maverick, how is the Maximite ore responding to the electronic fields?"

"I though we were calling it..." He starts.

"Oh but Maximite is a much better name." She says. "Besides, if it doesn't prove useful in some regard, then we'll just toss it aside."

She turns back to Maverick.