The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard sighed.  This person took "Loki" to the extreme, even in their mindset.  No matter.  He'd finished writing his recipe.

A corrupted wanders out of the kitchen, pausing only to look at your before moving on.

On 9/21/2017 at 4:35 PM, Rakawan said:

((Day one completed. You may add one post about any dreams/memories he experiences before the next day begins.))

Nothing happens during forrests sleep, other than the bed creaking, desperately holding up his... prodigious weight

19 hours ago, Rakawan said:

You reach The Village without any interference. It appears mostly abandoned. The central square housing an Obelisk that flares as you draw closer.

"We shouldn't need all of it, only a fraction should do."  He lets his tekko materialize, and places the blades against the stone, angling it to prepare for a cut.  "This won't explode when stuck, will it?"

16 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

Nothing happens during forrests sleep, other than the bed creaking, desperately holding up his... prodigious weight

The morning arrives with the traditional sunlight. 

You can hear murmured voices and the sound of bacon frying.

53 minutes ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

"We shouldn't need all of it, only a fraction should do."  He lets his tekko materialize, and places the blades against the stone, angling it to prepare for a cut.  "This won't explode when stuck, will it?"

The shade shrugs.

”Your guess is as good my guess.” He says. 

9 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard smiled at the moniker and meandered through the rest of the room.

The Tigris weapon set seems to be the preferred weapon of the crew, as you can seee several shelves filled with both the weapons and their ammo.

There is a plaque on the wall with a button that read “Press for complaints.”

It appears to be wired directly into a claymore mine below it.

Just now, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

He reared back his arm, and strikes downwards on the crystal, driving his weight behind it but still bringing a more glancing blow, aiming to cut off a chunk and not shatter the whole thing.

As you strike it you feel a sudden presence on your mind, and a searing pain shoots through your arm as the chunk comes loose. It feels as though someone had just sheared off part of your flesh.

The shard clatters to the ground at your feet.

The pain fades the moment you break contact and examination reveals you to be unharmed. 

The oeblisk begins to swirl angrily, little bolts of golden electricity arcing from it to the ground near you.

27 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

As you strike it you feel a sudden presence on your mind, and a searing pain shoots through your arm as the chunk comes loose. It feels as though someone had just sheared off part of your flesh.

The shard clatters to the ground at your feet.

The pain fades the moment you break contact and examination reveals you to be unharmed. 

The oeblisk begins to swirl angrily, little bolts of golden electricity arcing from it to the ground near you.

Stabilis picks up the chunk, and backs away from the obelisk.  "So it does live.  I suppose a fight would be inevitable then."  He pockets the chunk, and raises his fists, assuming his stance of Gaia's Tragedy.  "Shade, are you sensing anything from it?"

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

The Tigris weapon set seems to be the preferred weapon of the crew, as you can seee several shelves filled with both the weapons and their ammo.

There is a plaque on the wall with a button that read “Press for complaints.”

It appears to be wired directly into a claymore mine below it.

A fantastic idea for complaints, that.  Richard smiled in approval and picked up one of the shotguns.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Stabilis picks up the chunk, and backs away from the obelisk.  "So it does live.  I suppose a fight would be inevitable then."  He pockets the chunk, and raises his fists, assuming his stance of Gaia's Tragedy.  "Shade, are you sensing anything from it?"

As you touch the shard a dull ache throbs in your arm, again feeling as if someone has carved out a piece of flesh. It decreases, though still persists, when the shard is placed in storage.

Before the shade can react a pulse explodes from the Obelisk, pushing both you and, surprisingly, the immaterial shade, back about fifty meters. As the pulse dissipates the Obelisk returns to its “calm” state. 

The shade takes a step towards it and it begins to charge again. The message is clear, you are no longer welcome in its vicinity. However it seems to react more like a wounded animal trying to fend off a predator, than a malicious entity looking for a fight.

16 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

Groaning, he gets out of bed, and sets about to reassembling his gear before following his nose to the food.

As you rise a voice speaks you.

”Good morning.” A Cephalon says. “I am Cephalon Serv. Would you like to see the breakfast menu?”

It pauses a second.

”While you consider please enjoy a complimentary plate of bacon. If religious or dietary constraints prevent you from eating pork please let me know and an alternative will be found.” Serv says. “Otherwise simply state your request.”

Edited by Rakawan

6 hours ago, Rakawan said:

As you rise a voice speaks you.

”Good morning.” A Cephalon says. “I am Cephalon Serv. Would you like to see the breakfast menu?”

It pauses a second.

”While you consider please enjoy a complimentary plate of bacon. If religious or dietary constraints prevent you from eating pork please let me know and an alternative will be found.” Serv says. “Otherwise simply state your request.”

"I'll just take the bacon" he half grumbles as he finds an empty place to sit.

On 11/16/2017 at 3:36 PM, Rakawan said:

As you touch the shard a dull ache throbs in your arm, again feeling as if someone has carved out a piece of flesh. It decreases, though still persists, when the shard is placed in storage.

Before the shade can react a pulse explodes from the Obelisk, pushing both you and, surprisingly, the immaterial shade, back about fifty meters. As the pulse dissipates the Obelisk returns to its “calm” state. 

The shade takes a step towards it and it begins to charge again. The message is clear, you are no longer welcome in its vicinity. However it seems to react more like a wounded animal trying to fend off a predator, than a malicious entity looking for a fight.

"Intriguing.  Come, let us deconstruct this portion, see what we can find."  He lets his tekko de-materialize, and turns to leave the village.  

On 11/17/2017 at 6:02 PM, 8009alpha said:

"I'll just take the bacon" he half grumbles as he finds an empty place to sit.

A chair appears, fully padded and designed for someone of your size. 

The bacon isn’t sitting in a table beside it.

”Shall I turn on the news for you today?” The Cephalon asks.

On 11/20/2017 at 11:24 AM, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

"Intriguing.  Come, let us deconstruct this portion, see what we can find."  He lets his tekko de-materialize, and turns to leave the village.  

As you return to the monastery you can see several neophytes running around.

You can also overhear two talking.

”Attack on the southern pylon.” One says. “Barrier is still up, we will need to check the city for any influenced individuals.”

”I will assign guards to the remaining obelisks.” The other says. “The Indiference must be held at bay.”

On 11/17/2017 at 12:31 PM, Yzjdriel said:

Turning it over in his hands absentmindedly, Richard walked slowly around the room.

The armory is rather simple for pirates. 

You can also see purely metal rounds, likely suggesting rail based cannons instead of powder based ones.

You feel a slight tremor as the ship comes out of punch. The armory items, however, seem unaffected.

7 hours ago, Rakawan said:

As you return to the monastery you can see several neophytes running around.

You can also overhear two talking.

”Attack on the southern pylon.” One says. “Barrier is still up, we will need to check the city for any influenced individuals.”

”I will assign guards to the remaining obelisks.” The other says. “The Indiference must be held at bay.”

Stabilis continues walking back to his classroom, to gain some level of privacy.  As he walks, he tunes into any conversation he can hear about the obelisks, hoping to gain any information on their uses, to hear if anyone would happen to slip their tongue.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Stabilis continues walking back to his classroom, to gain some level of privacy.  As he walks, he tunes into any conversation he can hear about the obelisks, hoping to gain any information on their uses, to hear if anyone would happen to slip their tongue.

You hear snippets of conversation that seem to imply that harming the Obelisk has an undesirable, but controllable effect on some sort of barrier. The Keepers and Neophytes see to be making plans to station guards around the remaining ones.

You reach your classroom without incident. You can still feel a dull throbbing in the arm that struck the Obelisk, likely some sort of defense originating from the shard itself.