The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

2 minutes ago, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

"Well that would have hurt." Dark thinks. He looks around.

((Remember the proper format. Third person, not first.))

Dark would find himself back at the starting location albeit with a full squad. This time there is no visual on Tirion or the datamass, and no map of the area.

17 hours ago, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

"Take the same route be careful for a ambush." Dark says. Dark fly's off.

Without any concrete orders you and the others quickly find yourselves lost.

“I should mention, though even an idiot should have guessed, that the layout is different.” Tirion says over comms. “Then again if you were recon leader material you would have thought to send out scouts and would know that.”

Edited by Rakawan

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The others follow close behind. The stretch of open ground seems to drag on forever as your energy reserves dwindle.

After what feels like ages you reach the wall. Elise calls her frame to her, and begins to melt through the wall.

Tak meanwhile opens a private channel.

”You are, I trust, aware of the Arbiters true plans for the Paragons.” He says. “How do you think the Tenno council will react, given our past history with them?”

"The Council, or Alan?  Since Alan's reaction will largely determine the Council's reaction."

Richard switched his comm channel back to public, motioned for Elise to hold off for a moment, and produced a jar of peanut butter.  "Allow me."

Edited by Yzjdriel

16 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"The Council, or Alan?  Since Alan's reaction will largely determine the Council's reaction."

Richard switched his comm channel back to public, motioned for Elise to hold off for a moment, and produced a jar of peanut butter.  "Allow me."

Elise steps aside. 

5 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Elise steps aside. 

Producing a butter knife, Richard spread the substance on the wall in a thin layer around the area where Elise had been working.  When he was finished, he flicked a switch, revealing that the knife was in fact a Heat Dagger, which ignited the peanut butter.  A slow burn, not unlike napalm, spread across the entire area, which glowed with a blue-hot intensity.

Edited by Yzjdriel

5 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Producing a butter knife, Richard spread the substance on the wall in a thin layer around the area where Elise had been working.  When he was finished, he flicked a switch, revealing that the knife was in fact a Heat Dagger, which ignited the peanut butter.  A slow burn, not unlike napalm, spread across the entire area, which glowed with a blue-hot intensity.

Elise moves her hands and the molten wall curls back onto itself, spreading across the surface rather than splattering to the ground.

”Do any of you have silenced weapons.” Tak asked.

37 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Elise moves her hands and the molten wall curls back onto itself, spreading across the surface rather than splattering to the ground.

”Do any of you have silenced weapons.” Tak asked.

Richard shook his braceleted arm absentmindedly and his Sancti Tigris disappeared, replaced by a Sybaris Prime.

On December 19, 2017 at 1:09 PM, Rakawan said:

Without any concrete orders you and the others quickly find yourselves lost.

“I should mention, though even an idiot should have guessed, that the layout is different.” Tirion says over comms. “Then again if you were recon leader material you would have thought to send out scouts and would know that.”

"Yes i know but you never said we Couldn't go up everyone fly up and look for the datamass pattern land if you have to and sync your map data to mine so i know where everyone is."   he says. "hehe everyone thinks im doing the opposite of smart if only they knew". He thinks 

Edited by (PS4)gamegod-2002

37 minutes ago, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

"Yes i know but you never said we Couldn't go up everyone fly up and look for the datamass pattern land if you have to and sync your map data to mine so i know where everyone is."   he says. "hehe everyone thinks im doing the opposite of smart if only they knew". He thinks 

Map data comes in, along with visual feed from a few. Software quickly sets to work creating a current map from the data. It seems the room you started in branches into seven hallways, each one curved. 

“Good idea.” Serena says. She sounds impressed.

She fiddles with something on her arm and a moment later there is a brief burst of static on the line then it clears.

”I’m jamming their comms.” She says. “Just in case big mouth mc swordpants isn’t working alone. Should also block them from listening in on us, Dark.”

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Map data comes in, along with visual feed from a few. Software quickly sets to work creating a current map from the data. It seems the room you started in branches into seven hallways, each one curved. 

“Good idea.” Serena says. She sounds impressed.

She fiddles with something on her arm and a moment later there is a brief burst of static on the line then it clears.

”I’m jamming their comms.” She says. “Just in case big mouth mc swordpants isn’t working alone. Should also block them from listening in on us, Dark.”

"There certainly was a reason you came second in command everyone in pairs search the hallways if you find the datamass regroup and make sure to cloak to avoid nasty suprises." he says. "hehe time to show the nepholes what for." He thinks. He cloaks and flys down corridor 1. "serena with me." he says.  

Edited by (PS4)gamegod-2002

14 hours ago, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

"There certainly was a reason you came second in command everyone in pairs search the hallways if you find the datamass regroup and make sure to cloak to avoid nasty suprises." he says. "hehe time to show the nepholes what for." He thinks. He cloaks and flys down corridor 1. "serena with me." he says.  

Serena follows you down the hall. It appears mostly empty.

”Hang on.” She says. “Scanners detecting a mobile abnormality, I can’t pin down a location.”

A fan of arrows suddenly appears, passing a few feet under both of you. 

17 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard shook his braceleted arm absentmindedly and his Sancti Tigris disappeared, replaced by a Sybaris Prime.

Elise flicks her wrist summoning flames. Tak draws his spear and Akama readies his Kamas.

——

Grokal scowled as his comrade sniffed again.

”Smell smoke.” The clone said.

”Oh really?” Grokal snapped, casting his eyes over the dozens of smog spewing spires set into the landscape. “How odd. It’s almost like we are on an industrial planetoid!”

”Smoke, not smog.” The clone said. 

“Like your idiot brain would know the difference.” Grokal snapped. “Shut up and keep your eyes peeled. Boss said he saw a vessel break through the blockade nearby.”

Grokal groaned.

”Say that one more time.” He thought. “And you will be smelling gunpowder.”

Edited by Rakawan

22 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Elise flicks her wrist summoning flames. Tak draws his spear and Akama readies his Kamas.

——

Grokal scowled as his comrade sniffed again.

”Smell smoke.” The clone said.

”Oh really?” Grokal snapped, casting his eyes over the dozens of smog spewing spires set into the landscape. “How odd. It’s almost like we are on an industrial planetoid!”

”Smoke, not smog.” The clone said. 

“Like your idiot brain would know the difference.” Grokal snapped. “Shut up and keep your eyes peeled. Boss said he saw a vessel break through the blockade nearby.”

Grokal groaned.

”Say that one more time.” He thought. “And you will be smelling gunpowder.”

The peanut butter was completely consumed by the fire immediately after the hole in the wall had gone all the way through it.  Stepping out of Transference momentarily, Richard poked his invisible head through it and looked around.

7 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

The peanut butter was completely consumed by the fire immediately after the hole in the wall had gone all the way through it.  Stepping out of Transference momentarily, Richard poked his invisible head through it and looked around.

You can see an empty courtyard. A brief flash of lgihrning reveals the shadows of two Grineer on the wall above. Rain begins to fall down, visible only in the occasionally beams of light directed into the courtyard. There appears to be plenty of room to sneak between said beams.

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

You can see an empty courtyard. A brief flash of lightning reveals the shadows of two Grineer on the wall above. Rain begins to fall down, visible only in the occasionally beams of light directed into the courtyard. There appears to be plenty of room to sneak between said beams.

Resuming Transference, Richard indicated the wall above and raised two fingers.  "Courtyard with searchlights.  We shouldn't have any trouble getting through."

22 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Resuming Transference, Richard indicated the wall above and raised two fingers.  "Courtyard with searchlights.  We shouldn't have any trouble getting through."

Akama nods and Elise extinguishes the flames. Tak, however, is nowhere to be seen.

——

Grokal snarled as the rain began to fall. 

“Of course.” He said. “This day just cannot get worse.”

He saw something flash out of the corner of his eye.

”Blast it Cruk.” He snaps. “Stop wasting...”

Lightning flashed and he stared. The wall was empty. 

Another flash and something was in front of him, light curled in long spindly fingers, face obscured behind a bone white, skull-shaped mask. 

There was a sudden impact and he felt himself drift backwards. 

His body, no longer under his command, jerked, and resumed its pattern on the wall.

——

Tak dropped down. 

“Sentries will no longer be a problem.” He says. 

Edited by Rakawan

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Akama nods and Elise extinguishes the flames. Tak, however, is nowhere to be seen.

——

Grokal snarled as the rain began to fall. 

“Of course.” He said. “This day just cannot get worse.”

He saw something flash out of the corner of his eye.

”Blast it Cruk.” He snaps. “Stop wasting...”

Lightning flashed and he stared. The wall was empty. 

Another flash and something was in front of him, light curled in long spindly fingers, face obscured behind a bone white, skull-shaped mask. 

There was a sudden impact and he felt himself drift backwards. 

His body, no longer under his command, jerked, and resumed its pattern on the wall.

——

Tak dropped down. 

“Sentries will no longer be a problem.” He says. 

Richard smiled.  Tak had done exactly as the former had expected him to.  "Shall we?"

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard smiled.  Tak had done exactly as the former had expected him to.  "Shall we?"

“Wait.” Akama says. “Doesn’t That ability have a duration?”

”If it does.” Tak says. “Do you really want to be stuck here debating while it runs down.”

Akama shakes his head. 

“Lead on.” He says.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Wait.” Akama says. “Doesn’t That ability have a duration?”

”If it does.” Tak says. “Do you really want to be stuck here debating while it runs down.”

Akama shakes his head. 

“Lead on.” He says.

Richard slipped through the hole in the wall and made his way around the courtyard.

16 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard slipped through the hole in the wall and made his way around the courtyard.

The others follow you. The courtyard is eerily silent. So too is the base. As you reach the doors you can see a clue as to why. 

The massive entrance doors have been torn from their hinges, wrenched open as if by some giant hand. A Grineer captain runs out of the dark hallway, clearly panicked. A moment later he stops, his legs flailing as he tries to move forwards before being yanked back into the hall. 

“I suppose it is time I intoduced myself.” A feminine voice says from the darkness. “You must be Richard. The Grineer here talk about you a lot. They don’t have nice things to say.”

A woman, clad in a simple jumpsuit, steps out of the shadows. Her figure is slim and lithe. She seems normal, until you see her face. Her skin is pale, the color of ash, and her eyes are hidden behind a black strip of cloth. There is not a single strand of hair on her head, instead there are three jagged black lines that almost meet in the center of her forehead.

She briefly reminds you of Kela De Thaym, but her features are human, not Grineer.

She does not appear to be wearing a frame, yet as you watch she curls her wrist and a Grineer comes flying out of the shadows. The woman closes her hand into a first and the Grineer’s armor suddenly turns inward, impaling him on spikes. She release her grasp and the clone slumps to the ground, dead.

Edited by Rakawan

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The others follow you. The courtyard is eerily silent. So too is the base. As you reach the doors you can see a clue as to why. 

The massive entrance doors have been torn from their hinges, wrenched open as if by some giant hand. A Grineer captain runs out of the dark hallway, clearly panicked. A moment later he stops, his legs flailing as he tries to move forwards before being yanked back into the hall. 

“I suppose it is time I intoduced myself.” A feminine voice says from the darkness. “You must be Richard. The Grineer here talk about you a lot. They don’t have nice things to say.”

A woman, clad in a simple jumpsuit, steps out of the shadows. Her figure is slim and lithe. She seems normal, until you see her face. Her skin is pale, the color of ash, and her eyes are hidden behind a black strip of cloth. There is not a single strand of hair on her head, instead there are three jagged black lines that almost meet in the center of her forehead.

She briefly reminds you of Kela De Thaym, but her features are human, not Grineer.

She does not appear to be wearing a frame, yet as you watch she curls her wrist and a Grineer comes flying out of the shadows. The woman closes her hand into a first and the Grineer’s armor suddenly turns inward, impaling him on spikes. She release her grasp and the clone slumps to the ground, dead.

Richard's Warframe immediately scanned her to determine the cause of her baldness and any other ailments.  Rather than reading the results, he filed them.  He could view them later.

"I wouldn't expect them to have anything nice to say about someone who actually caused the net population of Grineer to decrease over a 24-hour period."  He extended a hand to her.  "And you must be Alana."

23 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard's Warframe immediately scanned her to determine the cause of her baldness and any other ailments.  Rather than reading the results, he filed them.  He could view them later.

"I wouldn't expect them to have anything nice to say about someone who actually caused the net population of Grineer to decrease over a 24-hour period."  He extended a hand to her.  "And you must be Alana."

“Indeed.” She says. “And you are here to bring me back into the fold. So tell me, brother, why should I return?”

The Scans return an error, something about disruptive magnetic fields. 

If Alana notices the scan she says nothing. 

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Indeed.” She says. “And you are here to bring me back into the fold. So tell me, brother, why should I return?”

Reveal hidden contents

The Scans return an error, something about disruptive magnetic fields. 

If Alana notices the scan she says nothing. 

"I haven't a clue how or why you became a Paragon in the first place, so I won't try to convince you of anything.  I'll just give you the same summons I gave Akama.  Your Arbiter calls, Alana.  How do you respond?"