The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Melanie transmits a security code to authenticate the data Ceda sends.

"I plan on infiltrating that Command ship and gutting that spineless worm." She says. "No one attacks my people and gets away with it. I can't punish the Kweens, not yet. But this Witch made the mistake of coming to MY planet, attacking MY people."

"Reckless, but I have worked with that before. Do you want me to light up a path to the landing craft I have in mind for the jump, or would you rather wait for Luna to return?"

3 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

The neon monstrosity obliged, firing full volleys of everything directly into the dorsal section of the Dreadnought it had come out of punch directly on top of.

"Dreadnought 1 engines crippled." C.A.L.C says. "Minor exterior damage sustained. Enemy systems retargeting your position."

A irreguler burst of fire hits your ship, aiming for the weapons systems.

Just now, Luthim said:

"Reckless, but I have worked with that before. Do you want me to light up a path to the landing craft I have in mind for the jump, or would you rather wait for Luna to return?"

"I'll wait by the ship." Melanie says. 

35 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Then refocus Tropedo ships on the dreadnoughts." He says. "Vengeance and Interitus, get yourselves back into the fight and take out those heavy Cruisers."

The Valor and Zariman plow through the thicket of shots and ships, smashing apart two heavy cruisers. The Vegeance and Interitus close in on the remaining Heavy Cruisers.

The Bombers, losing fighters left and right, attempt to slowly retreat, however seven of them fall to the fighters as they try to lose their pursuers in the main firefight.

The fighters, taking the highest casualties, fall in droves to the concentrated fire. The Archwing Tenno fly back down towards the citadel, or the Dojo's. 

The Citadel appears to be heavily barricaded, though not many defenders can be seen by the outside forces. 

Mantises made a wide arc, over maneuvering the heat of the main skirmish. With the allied dreadnoughts taking the main fire in the overcharged mode, they made it to the rear of the hostile dreadnoughts seemingly spotless. Using the initiative and the last seconds of hostile vessels disability to intercept slow-moving projectiles, they made a synchronous launch and rushed away from the firing range on the overburn mode. From the six torpedos, one was suddenly taken down without an explosion, two of them hit a single dreadnought that took the lead and shielded the rest of  formation with its hull, two more landed per a dreadnought, and the last one missed the target and exploded near the rear of hostile heavy cruisers formation. The volley left the most "heroic" dreadnought without functioning reactors, and with a soccer-field sized hole at the place where the control bridge should be. The second victim of the bombardments visually did not sustain considerable damage due to the deep warhead penetration, but what happened beneath the armor was up for guessing. Judging by the flickering light, it severely damaged innards, including weaponry deck. The ship began to emit short explosions all over the outer hull. The last dreadnought was relatively the "luckiest" one since the missle hit the engines deck and so nearly immobilized the target.

Fighters suddenly folded back, seemingly giving the remaining bombers a chance to retreat, but the movement of the destroyers shed light on this regroup: destroyers and heavy fighters merged their formation, spreading in a wide wing, and advanced at the light cruisers armada while using the retreating bombers as flying shields. As soon as thy approached close enough to the raw of the light cruisers, they launched a huge volley (or would it be right to say a wave) of rockets.

"The AMP ships energy balance rises. They can't possibly boost dreadnought's shields more than they do now, so stream the excessive energy to the calibers. Prepare for a fire exchange of a lifetime" Ceforus commented. "The torpedo carriers are off for rearment. I think we might get six additional shots within six minutes"

Edited by Teloch

15 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The fighters, one of the last groups to have not taken casualties, were destroyed in the massive explosion, several surrounding enemy craft shuddered as their shields failed beneath the blast. All in all it was a shame, because as luck would have it several of the pilots had been close to retirement. 

Frank cloaks his Itzal and turns speeds toward Richard's Dreadnought. Over Comms, he says "How are you doing in there? Need me to bail you out?"

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Dreadnought 1 engines crippled." C.A.L.C says. "Minor exterior damage sustained. Enemy systems retargeting your position."

A irreguler burst of fire hits your ship, aiming for the weapons systems.

The hail of fire slams directly into the forcefield the dreadnought was producing in a hemispherical shell directly beneath itself.  "Side effect of having a shield that covers only half your ship at one time," came the voice of the captain.  "It will stop a hell of a lot more."

17 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Mantises made a wide arc, over maneuvering the heat of the main skirmish. With the allied dreadnoughts taking the main fire in the overcharged mode, they made it to the rear of the hostile dreadnoughts seemingly spotless. Using the initiative and the last seconds of hostile vessels disability to intercept slow-moving projectiles, they made a synchronous launch and rushed away from the firing range on the overburn mode. From the six torpedos, one was suddenly taken down without an explosion, two of them hit a single dreadnought that took the lead and shielded the rest of  formation with its hull, two more landed per a dreadnought, and the last one missed the target and exploded near the rear of hostile heavy cruisers formation. The volley left the most "heroic" dreadnought without functioning reactors, and with a soccer-field sized hole at the place where the control bridge should be. The second victim of the bombardments visually did not sustain considerable damage due to the deep warhead penetration, but what happened beneath the armor was up for guessing. Judging by the flickering light, it severely damaged innards, including weaponry deck. The ship began to emit short explosions all over the outer hull. The last dreadnought was relatively the "luckiest" one the missle hit the engines and so nearly immobilized the target.

Fighters suddenly folded back, seemingly giving the remaining bombers a chance to retreat, but the movement of the destroyers shed light on this regroup: destroyers and heavy fighters merged their formation, spreading in a wide wing, and advanced at the light cruisers armada while using the retreating bombers as flying shields. As soon as thy approached close enough to the raw of the light cruisers, they launched a huge volley (or would it be right to say a wave) of rockets.

"The AMP ships energy balance rises. They can't possibly boost dreadnought's shields more than they do now, so stream the excessive energy to the calibers. Prepare for a fire exchange of a lifetime" Ceforus commented. "The torpedo carriers are off for rearment. I think we might get six additional shots within six minutes"

The crippled Dreadnought falls to the Vaykor Formorian, as all three supercharge beams slam into life support, weapons, and the remains of the bridge. Several ruptures were seen as the ship feel to pieces. The volley of fire from the second ship ceased immediately, and it attempted to fall back. 

The third, under fire from the Allied Dreadnought shuddered as beams played across its hull, but responded by firing at everything, including the allied dreadnought. 

The Zariman fired its EMP beam backwards, into the last Light Cruisers, wiping their shields so the rockets could tear them apart.

The Final Dreadnought, relatively undamaged, fired seveal Fomorian sized beams at the four allied Dreadnoughts, and sent a fourth scything across the WTC fleet. Whatever was disrupting the targeting matrix seemed to have no effect on it.

"Ceforus your torpedo ships are too close." Ryoko says. "Draw them back, we are within range. That volley should even up the odds."

Edited by Rakawan

"Allied casualties at 20%." C.A.L.C says. "Enemy casualties at 40%. Receving word of additional enemy reinforcements."

Another fleet (One dreadnought, two bombers, two Heavies, five light cruisers, and twenty fighters) comes out of punch.

"Citadel cannon still offline." C.A.L.C says. "Estimated outcome, stalemate, with current fleet compositions. Likelyhood of additional enemy reinforcements high."

27 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Dreadnought does not react until the ships were close, then fires a massive array of beams. The barrage halts, then resumes, then halts again for longer. It appears something is disrupting its targeting matrix as many of the shots are off target, however a few still find their mark.

The fleet of small ships continued to swarm around the Dreadnought, the shots causing minor casualties to the bombers due to their vulnerable payload. "If someone's jamming 'em, do it more! My bombers can't get in with all the stray fire flying everywhere!" The Paragon's beam cannons were hammering the ship, but couldn't seem to penetrate its armor.

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Allied casualties at 20%." C.A.L.C says. "Enemy casualties at 40%. Receving word of additional enemy reinforcements."

Another fleet (One dreadnought, two bombers, two Heavies, five light cruisers, and twenty fighters) comes out of punch.

"Citadel cannon still offline." C.A.L.C says. "Estimated outcome, stalemate, with current fleet compositions. Likelyhood of additional enemy reinforcements high."

Lord growled. "Can't jump in another cap ship for another hour... assuming the Paragon still stands..."

Just now, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

The fleet of small ships continued to swarm around the Dreadnought, the shots causing minor casualties to the bombers due to their vulnerable payload. "If someone's jamming 'em, do it more! My bombers can't get in with all the stray fire flying everywhere!" The Paragon's beam cannons were hammering the ship, but couldn't seem to penetrate its armor.

"Unable to make contact with Resistance Cell." Ryoko says. "We'll try to target the control bridge to take out some systems."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Unable to make contact with Resistance Cell." Ryoko says. "We'll try to target the control bridge to take out some systems."

Lord mumbled, tapping a keyboard. "Can I get a location for these bridges? I'll see if these shipboard weapons are as accurate as they say they are..."

Lord mumbled, tapping a keyboard. "Can I get a location for these bridges? I'll see if these shipboard weapons are as accurate as they say they are..."

"Large Tower, towards the back." Ryoko says. "Follow our beams."

Two beams lance out from the Zariman and Valor, smashing into the towers. The ships shudder and lights begin flickering across the hull."

"Scans indicated polarized plating shutdowns on the following regions." C.A.L.C says. "Crossing with Ceda's data and painting targets."

Several areas of the Dreadnought facing you light up.

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Ceforus your torpedo ships are too close." Ryoko says. "Draw them back, we are within range. That volley should even up the odds."

"Clear on that. Carriers are trying to retreat for rearming and maintenance"  

The ships attempted to dodge the successive beam, but two of them were caught in a blast. 

"... That makes four additional launches in our collective sleeve"

Edited by Teloch

Just now, Teloch said:

"Clear on that. Carriers are trying to retreat for rearming and maintenance"  

The ships attempted to dodge the successive beam, but two of them were caught in a blast. 

Two more Defender class ships jump into the fight, appearing, close to the Torpedo ships. They deployed strange pods that surrounded the ships with bubble like shields.

"Two ships down." Ryoko says. "Defenders will shield you until you get close enough for another volley. Let us know when that is, we'll try to get you close."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Large Tower, towards the back." Ryoko says. "Follow our beams."

Two beams lance out from the Zariman and Valor, smashing into the towers. The ships shudder and lights begin flickering across the hull."

"Scans indicated polarized plating shutdowns on the following regions." C.A.L.C says. "Crossing with Ceda's data and painting targets."

Several areas of the Dreadnought facing you light up.

Lord smiled. "All gunners, we've got some target practice for you. Show 'em how accurate those lasers are!"

Multiple turrets swiveled to face the targeted ship, and opened fire. The bridges melted slowly under the burst firing of lasers. "Command down. Move in!" Lord shouted, and the fighters converged on the ship's defenses, distracting them while the bombers did their work.

6 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord growled. "Can't jump in another cap ship for another hour... assuming the Paragon still stands..."

"You'll be fine for a bit Richard, there are some other people that need my help. Moshe, I need my Elytron"
From Frank's cloaked Liset, Cephalon Moshe launches the Scarlet Elytron towards the swarm of new enemy fighters.

"Lord, I can take care of the fighters while you focus on the heavy artillery"

Frank places a coin-sized Antimatter Drop onto the edge of a Warhead before sending it off toward the cloud of fighters

Lord smiled. "All gunners, we've got some target practice for you. Show 'em how accurate those lasers are!"

Multiple turrets swiveled to face the targeted ship, and opened fire. The bridges melted slowly under the burst firing of lasers. "Command down. Move in!" Lord shouted, and the fighters converged on the ship's defenses, distracting them while the bombers did their work.

"Scans indicate transfer of surviving personnel to internal core command center." C.A.L.C says. "Life support systems exposed and...."

The Cephalon seems to laugh.

"Ammo holds exposed, target the following areas with those bombs." He says. "Painting now."

2 minutes ago, firewheel996 said:

"You'll be fine for a bit Richard, there are some other people that need my help. Moshe, I need my Elytron"
From Frank's cloaked Liset, Cephalon Moshe launches the Scarlet Elytron towards the swarm of new enemy fighters.

Frank places a coin-sized Antimatter Drop onto the edge of a Warhead before sending it off toward the cloud of fighters

The swarm of fighters make little attempt to ignore the bomb, it probably doesn't even register on their sensors. 

However its effect does. Ten of of the fighters as destroyed in the explosion, while five spiral off the side. The remaining five scatter, fleeing wildly away from where they think the missile was launched.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Scans indicate transfer of surviving personnel to internal core command center." C.A.L.C says. "Life support systems exposed and...."

The Cephalon seems to laugh.

"Ammo holds exposed, target the following areas with those bombs." He says. "Painting now."

"Nonsense. The shipboard lasers don't have any other targets, and the bombers need to come home. All gunners, fire!" A volley of lasers streamed from the side of the ship, turrets targeting each of the painted targets.

7 minutes ago, firewheel996 said:

"Affirmative. Let me know if you need backup. The wing's got twice the fighters it needs."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The swarm of fighters make little attempt to ignore the bomb, it probably doesn't even register on their sensors. 

However its effect does. Ten of of the fighters as destroyed in the explosion, while five spiral off the side. The remaining five scatter, fleeing wildly away from where they think the missile was launched.

Frank, however had been speeding off at an angle to the warhead and catches three of the fighters in a wave of Molecular Prime before setting off the chain reaction with a Bloomer. 

1 minute ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

"Affirmative. Let me know if you need backup. The wing's got twice the fighters it needs."

"Lord, there are 2 fighters remaining. I haven't heard anything from Richard in a while. Can you handle them while I go get his &#!?"

1 minute ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

"Nonsense. The shipboard lasers don't have any other targets, and the bombers need to come home. All gunners, fire!" A volley of lasers streamed from the side of the ship, turrets targeting each of the painted targets.

The Dreadnought burst into a series of explosions, it's own ammo holds melting through the hulls as the plasma containment is breached.

The new Dreadnought turns, seeing its sister ship fall, and begins to charge towards the Paragon.

3 minutes ago, firewheel996 said:

Frank, however had been speeding off at an angle to the warhead and catches three of the fighters in a wave of Molecular Prime before setting off the chain reaction with a Bloomer. 

"Lord, there are 2 fighters remaining. I haven't heard anything from Richard in a while. Can you handle them while I go get his &#!?"

"Copy that. A5-A6, would you mind handling it?" Two fighters broke away from the bombers and engaged the remaining fighters.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Dreadnought burst into a series of explosions, it's own ammo holds melting through the hulls as the plasma containment is breached.

The new Dreadnought turns, seeing its sister ship fall, and begins to charge towards the Paragon.

"Commander! Ship incoming! She's headed for us on a crash course!"

Lord cursed. "All wings, target that ship's thrusters! Helm, get us on an ascent course! Prepare Point Defense if she gets too close!"

"Copy that. A5-A6, would you mind handling it?" Two fighters broke away from the bombers and engaged the remaining fighters.

"Commander! Ship incoming! She's headed for us on a crash course!"

Lord cursed. "All wings, target that ship's thrusters! Helm, get us on an ascent course! Prepare Point Defense if she gets too close!"

The Dreadnought continues on course. It is not traveling at ramming speed, but you can see its weapons swivel and light up.