The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Themed Builds #2: The Infested Mistress

(XBOX)Woofsie

Finally got around to doing another one of these (word of advice for other 18 year olds out there, don't work three summer jobs. Nice pay, next to no time), and it's on the Terror of Toxin, the Empress of "Ewwwww Tentacle Hair", Saryn (Prime)!

This build promotes an offensive, melee-centric playstyle utilizing infested weapons for damage (theme) and some crowd clear.

1. The Frame

Saryn Prime used to be the go to for people whose hands are completely broken, except for one finger. I'm waiting for the day when DE releases stats and one of them is "(Insert crazy high number here) 4's pressed. 99% was pre-rework Saryn."

The build for Saryn focuses on melee and survivability, and will require 3 forma to create.

Aura: Rejuvenation (For survivability)

Exilus: Toxic Flight (For the theme)

Vitality (Forma)

Steel Fiber (Forma)

Constitution (- Polarity)

Narrow Minded (D Polarity)

Intensify

Rage

Regenerative Molt

Primed Continuity (V Polarity)

2. The Primary

The primary weapon will be the first thing to focus on crowd clear, as we are using the Infested Spore Cannon, otherwise known as the Torid. Adhesive Blast is the perfect counter to the Torid ones weakness, single target damage. Just stick an enemy with your package and they'll be inhaling your noxious gases until they croak.

Serration (Forma)

Split Chamber (Forma)

High Voltage

Malignant Force

Hellfire (Forma)

Thermite Rounds

Ammo Mutation (it's a launcher, it needs it)

Adhesive Blast

3. The Secondary

The Embolist is incredibly good for short ranged crowd clear, and its Syndicate mod is wonderful, for both the extended magazine as well as the "Blight" effect it comes with.

Hornet Strike (Forma)

Barrel Diffusion (Forma)

Lethal Torrent (Forma)

Convulsion (- Polarity)

Pathogen Rounds

Primed Heated Charge (Forma)

Pistol Ammo Mutation (OR you will run out)

Eroding Blight

4. The Melee

The best Infested melee in the game is easily the Lesion. It has high damage, fast combos, buff on status proc, and can achieve 100% status chance with the use of all four dual stat mods. The build can work without any forma, and can even go stanceless if you desire. If you don't have Buzz Kill you can replace it with Jagged Edge

Stance: (Doesn't matter, can work without a stance mod installed)

Pressure Point

Fury

Life Strike

Buzz Kill

Voltaic Strike

Virulent Scourge

Volcanic Edge

Vicious Frost

Simple, but expensive, build to make. Focused around survivability, melee, and a little bit of crowd clear on the primary and secondary. All using Saryn and Infested gear. Next up is Rhino and his "Buff Bro" build. (Focusing on heavy weapons).

I'd change the aura for something else, Corrosive Projection or Energy Siphon. With Regenerative Molt you don't really need Rejuvenation. Same goes for Steel Fiber and Constitution; add Flow, Saryn requires quite a lot of energy, and some additional power strength. Narrow Minded can also go, it doesn't really do her any good. Primed Continuity is more than enough for duration. Take Stretch for additional range.

When it comes to melee I think Dual Ichor/Mios would be better than Lesion. Crit weapons generally outperform status weapons. I would recommend the Mios, since it has more build variety and a better stance. And even with the Lesion I'd put Body Count on it for additional damage, and even swap Life Strike for Body Count. With Regenerative Molt you don't really need Life Strike. As for elemental mods I prefer going with one stronger elemental combo rather than two weaker, although it depends on a faction. But Corrosive damage has only one penalty, so it would be my go-to choice.

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

I'd change the aura for something else, Corrosive Projection or Energy Siphon. With Regenerative Molt you don't really need Rejuvenation. Same goes for Steel Fiber and Constitution; add Flow, Saryn requires quite a lot of energy, and some additional power strength. Narrow Minded can also go, it doesn't really do her any good. Primed Continuity is more than enough for duration. Take Stretch for additional range.

When it comes to melee I think Dual Ichor/Mios would be better than Lesion. Crit weapons generally outperform status weapons. I would recommend the Mios, since it has more build variety and a better stance. And even with the Lesion I'd put Body Count on it for additional damage, and even swap Life Strike for Body Count. With Regenerative Molt you don't really need Life Strike. As for elemental mods I prefer going with one stronger elemental combo rather than two weaker, although it depends on a faction. But Corrosive damage has only one penalty, so it would be my go-to choice.

These aren't meant for efficiency, these are intended to follow a theme. The next one (Rhino) has pretty much nothing but health, shield, and armor mods on (based off a joke I saw on reddit called the "Rhino Code"). I use corrosive/heat as as a base since it is usable against both Grineer and Infested, two of the three factions in game.

I chose the Lesion since, let's be honest, crit melee weapons are getting very boring.