Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback After Two Straight Days Playing Warframe

Altissimus

Hi All,

Downloaded Warframe on Friday night and have been playing it straight since.  And I must say - I'm having a blast.  It is fantastic fun, and I will definitely be spending money on this game as I progress.

Overall, I think this game is very good, and therefore the points below are constructive criticism.  With that out of the way, here's some points to improve, in no particular order:

Chat interface needs more options for inviting/whispering/adding to friends on right click, etc.  Appreciate you may be able to do these tasks other ways, but the natural place to want to do it is from the chat interface, where you've just been having that "LFM" discussion.

Joining groups and in-game PTT is very buggy at the moment - this is by far my biggest complaint, because we spend ages trying to get people in and out of groups.  Half the time you can't invite or join a session; it just says "please wait" and times out.  We all have to leave and reform, and logout, and try with someone different, and and and.  With PTT, half the time you can't hear people in your group.  Particularly when transitioning betweeen solar map and mission gameplay; you come out of the mission and you can't hear each other; you go into the next mission and can hear fine.  We've ended up using Steam chat instead.

We had one incident in a map where we had to hack a security system to move on.  Two of us independently found two different systems and hacked them both within a second of each other.  At the next gate, we had to hack a system to move on...and we couldn't find an active one.  We were locked out both forwards and back, and had to abort.

At the start of the mission you get given a bonus quest ("kill 30 enemies with a rifle", "get 10 headshots" etc.)  It comes up at the beginning of the quest only briefly, and is easily missed.  You then have to work out what it could've been.  Sometimes it's not obvious.  Other times you're not sure what your progress is, or whether you've already completed it.  The box takes up very little space - why not have it up their permanently?  Or at least, have the option to make it come up when you press the Z key (for team health bars)?

Some missions spawn too many mobs repeatedly.  There should be *some* kinda finite number to the bad guys that spawn in each area of a map.  In many cases, they come indefinitely, forever.  (To be clear I'm not talking about the number that spawn at once, I'm talking about the respawns - how many times mobs keep coming in again when you clear them).

Detailed tutorials for modding and fusion would be handy, but you know that already.  Youtube works for now.  Wall-climbing tutorial might help too, as would hacking perhaps (I'd been playing for hours before I knew you could right-click to turn the dials counter-clockwise).  Thanks for the tutorial teaching us to shoot, though - most of us hadn't done that before.

Platinum price for weapons is too high.  There's two ways of making money: either get one person to buy something really, really expensive, once; or get lots of people to buy lots of very cheap items a great many times.  Reduce the price of weapons and equipment by half, and you'll probably have a lot more people spending real money on this game.

There should be an option to buy a revive replenishment in-game if you die when you've used all 4 revives.

Your own waypoint should be a different colour from everyone elses, so that you know which is yours.  Once you've marked something for others to come to (e.g., a point where health dropped), you may have run away to another area - you don't want that waypoint bugging you.  There should be a way of clearing a waypoint you place by accident.

Overall, a superb game.  I'm off now to play some more of it.

A.

Usually people say "Two days straight" meaning I played this game for 48 hours with no breaks; no sleep, no bathroom, no meals.

No. Usually when people say "Two days straight" they mean they've been consistently playing the game for the past two days.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying the game OP. I do agree with you on quite a few points as well.

Edit: You can buy more revivals. But they're plat only (though it's pretty damn cheap). But really, you shouldn't need to refill. You get 4 revivals a day PER FRAME. That means if you have 2 warframes, you have a total of 8 revivals.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Chat interface: I agree.

Bonus quest: Good idea.

Mobs repeated spawn: I think it's fine the way it is, because it forces you to move on. It's not a game where you're supposed to clear a room, then sit and have a cup of tea. We're ninjas, always running, speed killing stuff.

Tutorials: Let's say it's due the the open beta state. Maintaining tutorials when everything can change from an update to another would require too much time.

Colored waypoints: It falls in the "nice to have" category, but it could be useful.