Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Split-Sword using Heavy Blade and not Polearm Stance? Seems weird.

SilverBones

Hey wonderful weapons design folks.

I want to preface this feedback with a full disclosure; the Dark Sword and Dagger are two of my favorite weapons in the game. I love their aesthetic and when I saw them in the joined pair, I thought they looked awesome. There is one glaring thing that is really, really bugging me though.

Why the Heavy Blade stance?

Looking at the weapon, it seems to be more of a bladed staff or polearm than anything else. The blade is way too thin and center-balanced to really have any of the heft needed for the animations, and it certainly looks waaaaay out of place doing the huge flip into an AoE slam.

Polearms have more flow, are lighter paced in animations, and have great slashing and stabbing movements that would be perfect for the double-bladed weapon. The animations for the heavy sword just don’t seem to fit the thing.

This is a great new addition, I love it. Changing the stance to a polearm one would make it perfect in this player’s humble opinion. Right now it looks wonky and out of place in its most glorious incarnation.

Also… as other have put, being able to swap it between stances with Alt-Fire would just be the freaking icing on the cake. I understand this is more of a system mechanic though, so I am just holding out hope for the Stance Change.

Thanks for reading!