Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discovered a "Cure" for Burnout

(XBOX)C0gnitive 0n3

Question

I'll be honest, I feel like it's been a really LONG time since I've had fun playing Warframe and I've begun showing signs of burnout (3000+ hours) because I have been playing less and less. I realized this last week when I logged on, twice, just to collect my daily login reward and I signed back out. I know that a lot of it has to do with finding like-minded people who enjoy Endurance runs as much as I do. My guess is that I realized that I have reached a point where, I have everything the game has to offer, the only thing left to do is to push myself to see just how far I can go in whatever mission I go into. It sucks recruiting people who, after being informed that we're going "the distance", decide to extract missions 20 waves or 20 minutes into it.

Last night, after being teamed up with 2 members of my clan, we decided to give Egeria, Ceres (lvl 35-40 Grineer) Survival a go for "fun". IMHO, I feel like Egeria offers a better challenge than a T4 Survival because the enemies scale faster. As I'm in my Arsenal getting my gear ready, for the first time, I toyed with the "RANDOMIZER". I jokingly suggested that we should go to Egeria with whatever the Randomizer gives us and they agreed!

Our loadouts had us laughing how we would probably last 15-20 minutes:
(MR20)Saryn Prime accompanied with Wyrm Prime 
(MR16)Nyx Prime accompanied with Death Cube 
(my loadout MR21) Nova Prime accompanied with Djinn. Weapons: Vectis, Kunai and the Halikar - as you can imagine, items I hadn't used in months.

Guys and gals, if the Randomizer is something you all have not given a try, I HIGHLY recommend it. For the first time in weeks, and I can't speak for my teammates but, I had a ton of fun. It's a very cool feature, gone unnoticed by me, that I plan to exploit in the future for more Egeria runs. For those wondering, we lasted 62 minutes before Saryn's effort to reach extraction was cut short by a Ballista as LS ran out and we were greeted with a Mission Failed screen. But it was still such a fun run.

I can't speak for everyone, especially those that do enjoy late/end game content, but this is something that you should definitely try out. I felt like I was playing a completely new game because I had become acclimated to running the same kinds of set-ups. In other words, maybe the feeling of burnout was something I did to myself? Regardless, I look forward to my next randomization to see what I get. It's a great way for veteran players to dust off that gear you've put off using for a long time in favor of using your fav frame along with the Tonkor, Vaykor Hek, Rakta Cernos, etc.

If anyone's ever attempted this, what's your best time/longest defense/cryotic total/etc.? What was your loadout like? 

Thanks for reading. :)

4 answers to this question

The randomiser is fun, i think i may try it once i've run through my latest batch of mastery fodder to see what i get. Also, try just playing with new builds and such you have never tried, like i had a good time for a few days figuring out Chroma and a Valkyr warcry build.

I do believe I may have had an easier time than my teammates did because the majority of my primary and secondary weapons have 3-4 forma, minimum. Yes, I died prior to the end, but I gave up 2 revives by trying to revive them when they had gone down. GoodLord, after 45 minutes, those Grineer are UNFORGIVING! :D

I'd love to hear stories of Randomizer fun.