Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Story Behind Your Name

Chris9428

Now what I'm saying is a persons FIRST mission in war frame is a t3 def. No reup of profiles, 15mins of playtime. I personally don't think anyone can do it but I guess I'm wrong. 

S#&$.....either thats a pro above all pros

a PC player moving over

or a new account yeah.

paranoid. you justified to be.

Some people have some really cool and weird profile names. And I really do want to know the origins of them. 

Mine is pretty simple. "Kellman" is my last name. And I really like it. Plus I didn't want to call myself ZombieHunter75 or something. Even though I do enjoy zombie lore.

So tell us Tenno, why did you choose your pro name, as your pro name?

That is a very bad idea to have your name as your last name.

Very, VERY bad...

heh dont worry. female.

was actually funny when a new member joined our guild in mabi and asked that.

i'd pull them into voice chat and ask "seriously?"

it wasn't until 3 years later that i learned how many guys pose as girls.

yeah i wasn't very wise as to how the internet worked back then.

alot more wise now =/    (sorta wish i was still ignorant...)

I know. I get love playing with gamergirls, but then I take a step back and say "Another middle-aged out of shape guy, eh. No this time!"

Named after my favourite character in the first fantasy book I read on my own. The Wizard of Earthsea, for reference. Read the books, don't watch the Studio Ghibli version. I love that company but they mangled one of my favourite stories something fierce.

I eventually dropped the 'w' from my usernames as it was too often nicked before I could get the name. 

This is actually pretty cool.

RoboticBanana (the "1" isn't important, had to make this acc back in closed beta because the one i registered bugged out. probably gonna fix it when i have the cash)

That name's fairly recent, only have it for 1-2 years.

I realized i had outgrown andrix145 (a name-based profile name i came up with when i was 13) and needed a new name.

I pondered for a good 10 minutes and thought: "Bananas are awesome, robots are awesome... THAT'S IT!"

And it stuck like duct tape.

Edited by RoboticBanana1

Now what I'm saying is a persons FIRST mission in war frame is a t3 def. No reup of profiles, 15mins of playtime. I personally don't think anyone can do it but I guess I'm wrong. 

Dude, she called you out. You should really invite her to a conclave, (and let her win a couple times. Chivalry and such.:)

Let me just take this straight from my profile page:

"My name "BecomeLikeWater" comes from a mix of the famous "Be Like Water" philosophy developed by Bruce Lee and one of my personal philosophies that simply state that you must "become" before you "be". You cannot not "be" before you "become". It is simply not that easy and in the case of my martial arts journey and the famous quote in particular, water is what I mainly focus on becoming like."

That is the simplest explanation of my combo of a name. After all, simplicity is key.

Sounds like you're on a badass journey. Good luck.

Ossarian is the name of one of my characters in Dark Souls (though the name originated as one of my characters in Demon's Souls), also in a Demon's/Dark Souls fanfic that I write (and I don't have it posted anywhere online right now) in my free time. I'm honestly not sure where it came from, it just kind of came to me. I also took my in-game color scheme from the Stone Armor set of Dark Souls.

Based off the Psychosis Gun in the old game Perfect Dark 64, a very odd gun that was almost always obtained through cheating, could not be used in Multiplayer, and was the only gun that was unaffected by the Infinite Ammo bonus cheat.

It was an awesome Easter Egg that turned its targets into the allies of the user.

theammostore

It started back in Battlefield 2142. The way the profile system worked there was you had one account, and four profiles. Since there were four classes and profiles, I decided to make one profile for each class and just switch between them when I got bored. theammostore was the one dedicated to the Support class. The big LMGs and ammo packs and sentry turrets and shields and basically just defensive gameplay. It was my favorite class to play, so I stuck with it, played it the most often, ended up becoming one of the top 50 players one week. It eventually made it's way to other games, other profiles, other systems. It became my go-to name.

And thus the Supra wielding Ammo Restore Chugging Nekros with Explosive Fangs and Punchthrough based Dual Cestra was born

The tale behind the origins of my name is of mythic proportions of which I must truncate down for the sake of time.

"yuio" was the codename given to me by my superior officer El Capitane Kranny who manned the glorious ship "The Boo Boo". "yuio" is actually an acronym meaning "yellow ultraviolet illuminating octopus" since I'm really a retired octopus marine that's given up on the past of incessant war with the Space Kraken. That devil took too much away from my life, which leads onto the first number in my name.

The "6" represents the 6 months I was lost in the sea of empty space, stuck only in my pathetic and dinky little escape shuttle after The Boo Boo was attacked by the Space Kraken. Unfortunately my master El Capitane Kranny sacrificed himself to save me by sending me away in an escape shuttle. This meant that he was sadly eaten by said monster who attacked us.

The "7" represents the 7th May 4017. It was on this day that Wendy, my then girlfriend decided that she wanted nothing more from me and subsequently declared our relationship over. Needless to say I was sad, very sad. I drank my whiskey while crying about the fact that she was seeing other men. It's not fair, our love knew no bounds regardless of the fact I was an octopus and she was a beautiful, alluring dolphin. *sigh* I guess she wanted to be with her kind......T_T

Finally the "8" is a reminder that with enough conviction and training, I may be able to regrow my eight legs after having them severed by the infamous Harley Blackstain gang. Those ruthless rodents ambushed me while I was on my way to the market for shopping. Tried as I might, those rats overpowered even my skill with the blade. Now I am rendered paralyzed and unable to walk, depending on this infernal contraption called the "Hovero", a space wheel chair if you will. Someday I will regrow my 8 legs and continue the legacy of Kranny by hopefully mastering the hidden sword technique of the "Octagon Heaven Cleave".

In the meantime, I have to wait for my recent surgeries to my spine from my recent hospital visit to heal. So now I pass the time by playing games on my computer, which now primarily consists of playing Warframe under the handle "yuio678" to ease my daily suffering.

tumblr_mqcsmxrXbB1sxviy0o1_500.gif