Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Item Quality with Attributes to Weapons.

Noja87

So i am sure that i am not the only one here who has multiple blue prints of a sword, dagger or other weapon that you will never use again because you already have that weapon. There is also a lot of material you are never going to use after you craft the weapon you want. So why not add Item Quality to them like so many Action RPGS do?

White - Normal

Rare - Blue

Very Rare - Orange

Unique - Red

Etc. etc. You all know what i mean. Every time you craft a blueprint of a Gorgon or a heat sword that item will have different stats with a chance of a unique effect. By adding this you will also a reason to spend all those hundreds of thousands and millions of credits that are gathering dust right now. Hell why not different colored blueprints as well to increase chances of a good craft? This can also work as incentive to buy more item slots with platinum because the same sword might not be the same with all the effects you can get.

... and make the game reliant on an RNG? no.

this would work for drop-only weapons that cant be obtained otherwise, but for EVERY other weapon this would just make a lot of people angry, the game is meant to be skill reliant and not gear reliant.

edit; and this isnt an ARPG; its a COG.

Edited by Kittygoesmeow

I'd like to see crafted weapons have a chance of having a random improvement, but nothing too big. Just to give us something to do with all our hoarded materials.

Not directly related to the original topic, but hoarded materials might be put to good use in crafting vanity skins for items.

Other idea that just came to mind - the scarcity of catalysts and reactors has been frustrating me. Perhaps some combination of excess blueprints, credits, and materials might be used to achieve a similar effect in further unlocking the attribute trees of items or warframes?

This possibility would create new layers of replayability and interest for both paying and non-paying users. Those who are not willing or able to spend real money for Plat would be provided with an alternate means by which to unlock the more elusive/exclusive content, without being 'in the right place at the right time'.

By the same token, vanity skins might be un-purchaseable with plat, thereby giving a use to all the hoarded items and credits for players who have opted to unlock content through microtransactions.