Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[A new arrival in Conclave's opinion about Parkour - Put Stamina Back in TLDR]

ZaneCyber

As someone who returned from a very long break about 2 months ago, I had a lot to do in PvE and was pleased to learn that there was a "new PvP" to give some more game time other than farming for cores and such.

I threw myself into it and relished it but for actually one thing. No, it isn't the lag or teleportation from it, no it isn't the elemental bullet jump...

It is the complete lack of "Stamina" something taken off from PvE in PvP for a dimensional tactic.

Someone watching me stream once said to me "Watching PvP is like a ballet from the outside, tbh" and little did we know at the time, they were right. Most PvP currently revolves arround people bouncing arround, bullet jumping everywhere and trying to aim with bullet hoses at other people doing the same making for a very hilarious show of Warriors playing to be Ballerinas. Until someone else's passes and shoot them in the back. (Sorry for that, My Snipetron Vandal/Rubico/Daikyuu/Vectis is a bad person who makes me do things.).

Basically, what should be mortal fighting with a dimensional strategy instead of IA controlled Grineers to the Slaughter (TM) becomes much more like a parody, in which the one lucking out by not being hit too much while Aim Gliding at others and firing get the kills. That's sad, because the new PvP has so much incredible potential, the PvP only mods especially were a stroke of Genius.

This could be easily resolved by even adding a more tactical dimension to it : Put back Stamina in PvP in a tweaked form. Explanations ? Alright : Picture this, the more you jump, run, wall latch, bullet jump, the more you empty out your "Stamina Gauge", the more it empties, the longer it takes for it to climb back up. Once you are close or have reached the end of it : Your Warframe is slowed down by about 50%, can no longer run, and can no longuer slide/bullet jump. Rolling is also slowed down. This is something that everyone would endeavor to avoid as it's a Death Sentence and would make PvP more about finding safe spots and thinking your movements in advance.

Something more could be added : Hitting your opponent with melee refill your Stamina gauge a little bit - Getting melee out of the bad spot it is in, in addition to the new PvP stances.

TLDR : Put Stamina back in for PvP, please [DE].

But not for PvE, definitely not.

PS : Please, no "git gud" comments to anyone posting here if they agree, because good is all kinds in relative now in PvP, unfortunately.

I totally disagree adding a stamina bar will make squishy warframes more venerable and I hate to say it but if you can't kill a guy while he's running while on low health you need to adapt and change your play style or weapons you use.

and imagine a rhino with stamina lmao he would be nothing but a walking hit box for everyone else

8 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

I totally disagree adding a stamina bar will make squishy warframes more venerable and I hate to say it but if you can't kill a guy while he's running while on low health you need to adapt and change your play style or weapons you use.

and imagine a rhino with stamina lmao he would be nothing but a walking hit box for everyone else

Normally I would agree with you, but unfortunately the recent update has made shields start regen twice as fast....it's pretty bad. Hopefully it was just a mistake.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/06/2016 at 3:07 PM, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Squishy Warframes would have more stamina to begin with to counteract this. The point is currently conclave besides Lunaro (Thank god) is Bullet Jump + Spray and Pray.

On 7/1/2016 at 9:38 AM, ZaneCyber said:

Squishy Warframes would have more stamina to begin with to counteract this. The point is currently conclave besides Lunaro (Thank god) is Bullet Jump + Spray and Pray.

This is a problem of weapon tuning favoring hitscan-auto weapons with obscene magazine sizes, not some inherent problem with the movement in Conclave. Tuning down the damage of large magazine weapons like the Karak Wraith, Stradavar, and Bratons just a little bit would make it much harder to wildly spray and actually kill anything, while not overly impacting players who already track well or use their autos in controlled bursts.