Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Manic spawn conditions?

Maeglin73

Question

Why is it that Manics show up when you don't want them, and stay out of sight when you do?

I'm trying to farm them for the last stage of the Inaros quest and, aside from needing to have the alarm active, I'm wondering if there are any conditions under which they will not spawn. I've read somewhere that the minimum mission level has to be over 15, so I took my time on an exterminate mission on Sedna with the alarm going nearly the entire time and nothing.

The only times I remember seeing them were on syndicate alerts, actually, which leaves me with another question: If a sentinel or syndicate operative kills the Manic, does that count for the Inaros quest? If not, that's why I opted for a regular exterminate mission, because I can do those well solo where I don't feel as confident yet about a high-level survival mission.

4 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Maeglin73 said:

Why is it that Manics show up when you don't want them, and stay out of sight when you do?

I'm trying to farm them for the last stage of the Inaros quest and, aside from needing to have the alarm active, I'm wondering if there are any conditions under which they will not spawn. I've read somewhere that the minimum mission level has to be over 15, so I took my time on an exterminate mission on Sedna with the alarm going nearly the entire time and nothing.

The only times I remember seeing them were on syndicate alerts, actually, which leaves me with another question: If a sentinel or syndicate operative kills the Manic, does that count for the Inaros quest? If not, that's why I opted for a regular exterminate mission, because I can do those well solo where I don't feel as confident yet about a high-level survival mission.

In my experience, Manics only spawn in Uranus and Ceres, so they probably spawn between LV35ish.

Although if you want to farm manics, just kill the ones Tyl Regor sends at you, according to the wiki; they count towards the vessel. If you don't want to, do survival runs in Uranus and Ceres, one is very likely to spawn by the 15 minute mark.

I haven't unlocked those planets yet, so depending on how things go with syndicate alerts I guess I'll be nagged by Baro Ki'Teer for a while. I wish the RNG had given me bursas or juggernauts, as those seem far easier to find. The latter seems to nearly spawn every time I do a non-invasion infested alert.

Edited by Maeglin73

23 minutes ago, Maeglin73 said:

I haven't unlocked those planets yet, so depending on how things go with syndicate alerts I guess I'll be nagged by Baro Ki'Teer for a while.

Try to join an Equinox farming group. Will make things easier.

23 minutes ago, Maeglin73 said:

I wish the RNG had given me bursas or juggernauts, as those seem far easier to find. The latter seems to nearly spawn every time I do a non-invasion infested alert.

I got Denial bursas when I got my challenge, was the biggest pain the &#! because they had to ask for a specific bursa, instead of any other bursa that he Corpus decides to throw at me.

Edited by Alma_Elma

Just managed to get one... did the Cassini survival mission on Saturn for 15 minutes, and one spawned. It may take a bit of time, but at least I only have to get 5 of them. I can always do more if I want to finish farming for Ash parts (have the systems BP from when a syndicate operative killed one before a survival mission started once).

Edited by Maeglin73