Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The big problem of parcour 2.0

Cosmedian

This of yourse just my opinion but I would like to know how others feel about this etc.

I think parcour 2.0 was a good update because certain mechanics, the coptering for instance, were broken and had to be fixed. On the other hand, the core mechanic of parcour 2.0 itself ist an obstacle for the gamedesign:

The bullet jump.

On the one hand it can make the player feel more free, agile and "ninja" but on the other hand (in combination with the ability to repeat it after touching a wall etc.) it destroys most aspect of mapdesign. Stairs, small obstacles, pits, a lot of elevators, even most enemies can and will, by matter of efficiency, be ignored. A capture mission is basically: Start mission, run to target, capture target, run to exit. Deception is the same, just without having to shoot the target. In spy missions the same with running from vault to vault. Inside the vaults, they tried to fix the ignore everything by you having to wait until a laser wall shuts down, or you running through pipes, in wich jumping doesn't matter.

Without the possibility to make any room feel different from the others and without the player having to adapt to the differences, the map could be just one big plain and it would make pretty much no difference.

So, just wanted to write this because I think having to adapt to the sorroundings would help this game a lot.