Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dafuq Are Artifacts Doing In Login Reward?

DeadlyNerd

I couldn't give a date on when they were there, but I am pretty sure that back during closed beta the first artifact that I ever got was from the daily login.  They have been there a long time.  I don't know why suddenly people are getting them more now, but they were there the whole time as far as I saw.  Maybe they were pulled at some point and restored later, but without the devs releasing the daily loot table and the history of changes to it, we won't know why people didn't see it often enough before.

As to the value of artifacts from the daily, for a lot of people, there just isn't much value from anything on the table except for about 4 items.  But like a couple people implied, other players haven't had nearly enough opportunities to get some of the items, so everything on the daily is still a reward for them.  If they haven't been able to play enough, they need the blueprints, xp, credits, artifacts and consumables.

Of all of the possibilities, the consummables are probably the least valuable for anyone.  I would love it if those were removed.  Everything else has some real value for players that haven't had the same play experience or time.

p.s. I lied, there is one thing less valuable then the consumables: Rifle scavenger.

Nothing except respecting purchases is mandatory. Still if they took out all crafted weapons we could still say it's a crappy move (feedback).

Beg your pardon, I am at a loss. Could you please clarify what your argument is?

Alerts are optional, login rewards are shoved in your face when you login. Saying an alert reward is useless has a lot less merit than this.

The OP is not claiming he wants 5000 free platinum, 3 Glaives and 2 frames for logging in, but you seem to think he wants lots of free stuff, when he simply wants something.

He got something. That it is useless to him is entirely subjective and the system is not designed after catering to individuals rather it is designed to cater to the whole of the player-base per probability distribution.

That the login reward is forced in the player's face is a valid argument. This is a point that DE may need find some sort of algorithm to amend.

DE doesn't owe us anything like a login reward, but if the mechanic is there and it requires you to log in a week in a row, it should work as a reward. The 10k credits that I get from time to time would be good enough to replace all "null" current rewards.

In addition, as time passes, artifact rewards would be useless for a growing percentage of the player base. We already have more than enough opportunities to get those.

A proposition to replace over time 'decayed' reward items with credit 'compensation' is logically sound.

Are you graduated on Philosophy? Because you really understand about argumentation and write beautifully o.o

I graduated Sociology/Psychology & Economy. Although I would be hard-pressed to remember any of it at all after over a decade since studying it, as I never labored in these fields outside the educational scope.

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein

Beg your pardon, I am at a loss. Could you please clarify what your argument is?

You said "That would be rooted in an assumption that the login reward system is mandatory for DE to maintain". I'm saying it's not. It being mandatory or not is irrelevant.

A proposition to replace over time 'decayed' reward items with credit 'compensation' is logically sound.

Then why are you implying the OP wants free stuff and that he'll never be content? That's a baseless assumption. If you do agree with replacing rewards why not say so instead of implying someone is a spoiled/entitled player? That doesn't do any good to anyone.