Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I wanna return as a previous player. Please give me some advice.

KLuvCyn

Question

Hi, everybody

I quit the game when the Saryn Orphid skin released. Can somebody tell me what have been updated since that day? The only thing I know is there was a Saryn Prime and now the Vauban Prime.

I had almost every mods( including archwing and weapon and all P mods) except some pvp ones, and tons of rare color bulky kubrows. Can someone tell me what I should work on after I return? 

Thanks for all the attentions! 

3 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, KLuvCyn said:

Hi, everybody

I quit the game when the Saryn Orphid skin released. Can somebody tell me what have been updated since that day? The only thing I know is there was a Saryn Prime and now the Vauban Prime.

I had almost every mods( including archwing and weapon and all P mods) except some pvp ones, and tons of rare color bulky kubrows. Can someone tell me what I should work on after I return? 

Thanks for all the attentions! 

You can get Inaros now and some new weapons, if you have way too much free time try getting the new ship (Xiphos).

You didnt miss any big updates, so not much new stuff in term of quests.

Also Lunaro should be in a playable state now.

Next week we will get a bigger update wheree you'll get stuff to do again.

There is a thread somewhere that lists everything that happened for every update. Unfortunately, I don't know how to link it...

Regardless, I'll try to update you.

Saryn Orphid was a 17.#.# update, right? So that means you haven't played any U18 updates. 

The Very First thing you should do right now is the second dream quest. It is critical to the endgame nowadays, and is very impactful if you don't get it spoiled. It requires the Natah quest to be completed first, which is less critical to not be spoiled, though still impactful.

Aside from that, there was the sands of Inaros quest. Inaros is a "mummy" frame, having no shields but ludicrous amounts of health (mine has over 5000 health). He focuses on life steal, and this quest lets you get him free. 

There were also many weapons and mods added since you left. Notable weapon mentions include:

Rubico, another Crit based sniper rifle that has a clip size of five that can do ludicrous amounts of damage with some of the mods mentioned later. 

Nikana Prime (from saryn prime PA), basically an upgrade to dragon Nikana. Breaks logic with how good it is with the mods I will mention later.

Spira Prime (also saryn prime PA), more prime throwing knives, somewhat comparable to despair.

Sibear, a literal ice hammer. First pure cold damage Melee. Comparable with Jat Kittag for damage, with less status chance and a smaller jump slam radius as a trade off for it being a pure elemental weapon, which means you can focus on elemental procs. Some people don't like it (It costs 30,000 cryotic to craft), but I find it very useful to thump people as Chroma. Also, it looks cool.

Akstilletto prime (Vauban Prime PA) (no, not aksomati prime, even though they look a bit like aksomati), a very good set of pistols that doesn't limit your build options very much at all.

Fragor Prime (Vauban Prime PA), everything you liked about the Fragor, but with even more Crit stats. Just look up the stats yourself if interested, the point is that it's very good.

Talons, throwing knives like castanas, but with blast damage instead. That's pretty much all that can be said about it.

And many more that I have forgotten or have mediocre/bad stats that make them pretty much irrelevant.

Now, on to the juicy delicous mods:

First Pretty much every primed mod to date: Primed continuity, flow, target cracker, pistol gambit, pressure point, rifle; shotgun; pistol ammo mutations, fast hands, ravage, point blank, pressure point, and some I've inevitably forgotten. Each of these costs an arm and a leg, so if you don't play often, buy the ones you will actually use first, and the others later.

Next, the "acolyte" mods, from the event "shadow debt" which occurred shortly after U18. They have various names which I mostly won't get into, but most fit into these ones (for guns):

Each creates buffs that go away after a short duration

+Crit chance on headshot if you are aiming

+Crit damage on kill if you are aiming

+status chance on ability cast (don't remember if requires aiming)

+fire rate upon reload (don't remember any other conditions)

Now onto Melee, where these mods basically rewrote warframe's meta:

Body Count, which boosts combo duration. Practically mandatory to unlock Melee potential with the mods later mentioned.

Blood Rush, which boosts Crit chance on Melee the higher your Melee combo is. The buff stacks the higher your combo goes, meaning a weapon with a 25% Crit chance on the 4x multiplier with these mods will be able to red Crit. Needless to say, berserker works well with this mod.

Weeping wounds, like body count, but for status. Less used because status doesn't do anything special above 100%, but useful for pushing status stats into practically guarunteed territory.

Maiming strike, which gives an additive 90% Crit chance when slide attacking, meaning a Melee with 10% Crit chance will Crit every time you slide attack with this mod. Also very good with berserker.

Two honorable mentions: energy and health conversion. Energy conversion boosts the power strength of your next cast if you have picked up an energy orb since your last cast. Useful for toggle abilities (since they technically are only one cast) and when you aren't relying on rage for energy, as the bonus is more than that of intensify (50% for 30%). Use it if you want.

Health conversion gives your frame 450 armor every time they pick up a health orb, stacking 3 times. You lose a stack when you take damage, and it takes a second or so before another stack goes. The mod basically allows frames like nekros to be a little more reailient to burst damage.Again, use if you want.

And that's pretty much it. Enjoy the wall of text