Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt prime..

(PSN)chase0536

Question

Hey guys! Just want to ask for some advice,I'm starting to hoard frames,would you guys think it's a good frame,so should I be using Valkyr,nyx,Oberon,ember,Nezha,or Saryn to use on high level tiers,I haven't had the chance to use volt prime yet,he's being built, just wanna know who to forma the crap out of to do so on high tiers? Thanks! ?

12 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Cydro_ said:

Decide yourself. Play each one for a bit and choose the one you enjoy. If someone decides for you and you go through with it, you'll end up with 4 forma on a frame you might not even like.

14 minutes ago, Cydro_ said:

Decide yourself. Play each one for a bit and choose the one you enjoy. If someone decides for you and you go through with it, you'll end up with 4 forma on a frame you might not even like.

You've got a good point.. So far I love Saryn and Nezha! I'll max them out and put you're advice to work...thanks bud!

5 minutes ago, Sweaty_Pleb said:

Saryn destroys and nyx is very helpful to your team, ember and Oberon are kinda meh for high levels IMO, but I know others like them.

You're right! She does rock! Nyx and Oberon rock too,I wanna put some forma on them,actually all my frames,I've only put forma on Valkyr and ember! Would you recommend volt prime over the rest of my frames? Oh!! How the hell do ya get prime sentinels,I'm thinking the void...

2 minutes ago, (PS4)chase0536 said:

You're right! She does rock! Nyx and Oberon rock too,I wanna put some forma on them,actually all my frames,I've only put forma on Valkyr and ember! Would you recommend volt prime over the rest of my frames? Oh!! How the hell do ya get prime sentinels,I'm thinking the void...

Yep, you get prime sentinels through the void. The only one you can get atm is carrier prime but that's one of the best if not the best sentinels in the game. As for volt prime I haven't played as him thoroughly yet but I heard that he is becoming pretty popular since the mirage nerf, so I would say he's worth it.

36 minutes ago, Voidforged said:

I have 4-5 forma on every frame except Saryn, all of them see regular use as they all have a place, unlike Saryn.

Saryn has a place, you just do not understand it or do not like what it is. 

45 minutes ago, (PS4)chase0536 said:

Hey guys! Just want to ask for some advice,I'm starting to hoard frames,would you guys think it's a good frame,so should I be using Valkyr,nyx,Oberon,ember,Nezha,or Saryn to use on high level tiers,I haven't had the chance to use volt prime yet,he's being built, just wanna know who to forma the crap out of to do so on high tiers? Thanks! ?

And to answer the question. I and a few others find the Volt rework to have ups and downs. For the most part he is now one of the best control frames when built for it and his shields are great to support yourself or team. The problems he has is his lack of on command damage and his riot shield using far to much energy. But overall, imho, he is a VERY strong Control/Support frame. Very strong. Also I think hes alot of fun to play. The update was a overall win and hopefully things like his damage and riot shield can be worked out.

Edited by WARLOCKE

As a player who has used Volt and Volt Prime almost exclusively, I can attest that he is worth multiple Forma if you so choose. His energy shield and speed make him a significantly great frame to solo with in nearly any environment so long as you have the right weapons.

His other powers, even Discharge, do not provide great stuns and are overshadowed by Inaros' first ability for example. Don't plan on using them for DPS on level 40+ enemies. His shield, however, is great when modded with duration.

Just some food for thought.