Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon build

(PSN)CoolD2108

Question

Hey guys, got into Oberon recently and progressed trough some formas.

Got my build finished imo, looks something like:

Steel Charge

Cunning Drift

Transient Fortitude, Prime Flow, Natural Talent, Fleeting Expertise Max, Rage, QT, Vitality, Overextendet. (Sry, @work, can't Post Screens and Builder won't work)

Range is at the 200 mark and the whole build is focused on energy Management, CC and damage to an extend. Don't get me wrong, this build works and is fit to my needs but I'm RLY curious what you'all did with him. Any build recommendations? Some hidden gems one should know about?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

8 answers to this question

Hey there buddy! Glad that you join the Goat Bro Squad! As Broberon is the jack of all trades frame, there's a wide variety of build you can give him. Here are the two builds that I use for him!

1. General build+support

BrAFmc0.jpg

Smite Infusion to give allies some damage buff, and the high duration helps A LOT for Renewal when your teammates are downed and you need time to reach them or clear the area around them. Great for all star chart missions, but might not work too well in long rounds of T4s.

2. Pseudo-Immortal/Fairy King buildCxCmdYH.jpg

A sort of an experimental build. I'm still trying out all sort of things with this build. Basically this build's main purpose is for YOU to stay alive (well, works for your teammates too). The negative duration Renewal makes the heal go slower, but makes it easier to trigger Phoenix Renewal and Rage. Keep an eye out for your health bar, or risk having your energy chewed away due to Quick Thinking. When getting flanked by high number of enemies around me I use Reckoning to get some breathing room and proceed to Renewal myself. Either let Renewal fully heal you or trigger Phoenix Renewal. So far this build works pretty well in a solo 1 hr T4 survival. Not really a good idea for long sessions of endless infested missions due to presence of multiple parasitic eximi.

Hope my build helps and maybe you can experiment with it to see what suits you!

@GiraffaYandereBeetle I've been lightly theorycrafting about something similar to your 2nd build but haven't got around to trying it yet. Looks like the same conclusion you're coming to - Phoenix Renewal is hard to trigger because Renewal turns off at full health, so low duration means the heal is slow.  That said, there's a problem: Quick Thinking will take your energy, preventing your Augment from triggering a self-rez.  Then, once you're out of energy, your toggle will drop, which will stop your Augment from triggering.

Basically, Quick Thinking is killing Phoenix Renewal (as I understand the mechanics).  Try replacing it with something else?  Maybe Streamline to offset what tanked duration is doing to your energy/second costs?  Even a Steel Fiber would yield around 18% more damage reduction.  For reference, Valkyr gets ~14% extra DR from armor, Atlas gets roughly 16%.

Edited by Replacement

Spoiler below contains theories of mine that is unconfirmed or is disproved

Spoiler

@Replacement Ah, here's the thing! From what I have observed, Phoenix Renewal CAN trigger even with Quick Thinking (DE you better not nerf this!). If we look back at the function of Quick Thinking, in my own words:

• Triggers when health falls to 2, whereby every damage received after that is substituted by your energy. Rage will not trigger during this period and you'll be deaded once you run out of energy.

So basically how I understand this works is the very moment Quick Thinking stops working (you running out of energy in QT mode = YOU DIED), Phoenix Renewal triggers. As long you're still under the effect of Renewal when your health reaches zero, it'll trigger. I've run this build on that level 110-220 Infested Gift of the Lotus (only death was caused by when I am not in Renewal mode, escaped near-death experience thanks to Phoenix) and also on Draco.

It's safe (?) to say that the augment can complement with Oberon's pseudo-immortal build, with or without.

But that's what I have observed so far, I think I'll run more experiments on Draco.

Quick update: Phoenix Renewal also triggers when you received lethal damage that triggers QT. Hmm so my previous hypothesis is partially true to some point.

Second quick update: Ok I think I'll be running simulacrum to test out a couple of more things. It's complicated to get this right 

Edited by GiraffaYandereBeetle
Updates!

@Replacement Alright some new info! Was testing out Phoenix Renewal and using Castanas and Talons. Interestingly, it doesn't exactly trigger on death itself, but to be more accurate it triggers when your health drops to 2! (Swapped out Blind Rage for Transient Fortitude and Fleeting for Streamline)

What I did was reduce my health to the QT zone (where my health will stop dropping at 2 and energy will be substituted instead), once that was done I used Renewal. Phoenix Renewal trigger condition is as follows:

• When health reaches 2 and your shield is depleted (Interestingly, Wukong's Defy uses the same mechanic!)
  • Does not trigger if your health is at 2 but shield is regenerating

QT only activates when Renewal ain't in use or when you're in Renewal but under the augment's cooldown. It's pretty much impossible to run of energy while trying to use the augment as it prioritized before QT. Lemme know what you think :3

Edited by GiraffaYandereBeetle
More updates!

Hm my innitial build goes in a similar Direction it seems. My compromise was Casting Speed/CC > Phoenix. The aim is the same tho: prolonging death. With the use of CC in my case as I'm able to break the qt stunlock with his ult.

Quite interesting Option tho and definitly worth the try.... 

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

I just got done making me a maximum range build for Oberon.  It's mainly just for his 4th.  So fun to run around on Draco spam slamming enemies too death.  If you run Zenurik Focus Passive/Max Efficiency/Prime Flow you can spam as much as u want. Renewal is very slow since you have low duration.  Build is so much fun but cost many formas.  You could also take off energy conversion and work in vitality or quick thinking if you need survivability.  (or) Prime Continuity for more duration for renewal.

Damage is only at 140 but if you add Energy Conversion it goes up to 160 after picking up an orb. The damage is way more than enough if you can spam the ability due to low energy cost.  I lead in kills most of the time on Draco especially if there is no Saryn or Equinox.

I use:

Energy Siphen

Power Drift

Fleeting Expertise R4

Streamline

Prime Flow

Energy Conversion

Overextended

Stretch

Transient Fortitude

Intensify

3 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

@Replacement Alright some new info! Was testing out Phoenix Renewal and using Castanas and Talons. Interestingly, it doesn't exactly trigger on death itself, but to be more accurate it triggers when your health drops to 2! (Swapped out Blind Rage for Transient Fortitude and Fleeting for Streamline)

What I did was reduce my health to the QT zone (where my health will stop dropping at 2 and energy will be substituted instead), once that was done I used Renewal. Phoenix Renewal trigger condition is as follows:

• When health reaches 2 and your shield is depleted (Interestingly, Wukong's Defy uses the same mechanic!)
  • Does not trigger if your health is at 2 but shield is regenerating

QT only activates when Renewal ain't in use or when you're in Renewal but under the augment's cooldown. It's pretty much impossible to run of energy while trying to use the augment as it prioritized before QT. Lemme know what you think :3

You. Are. Awesome.  That is fantastic news, and great testing!  So this actually makes a strange sort of sense.  As I understand, and correct me if my summary is wrong:

• The game is coded with a "lethal" condition (which is actually a myriad of conditions: at 2 HP, not regenerating shields, has no shields). 
  • Once the "lethal" conditions are met, QT flips a switch that says "all new incoming damage goes to energy."
  • Once the "lethal" condition is met, PR/Defy activate and reset your health (and energy in the case of Defy, I believe).

The act of PR/Defy activating thus ends the lethal condition, keeping QT from ever kicking in unless the other effect ends (such as when it's on cooldown).  This makes an absurd amount of sense.

Great work!