Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scindo Vs Orthos

truenorth

So as I was deciding which one to build i notice the sincdo has higher dmg then orthos but they have they same swing speed. Is this just a bug or is there more than meets the eye to the orthos that have everyone wanting it?

So the orthos is better because of its range and red crits? Towards the range remarks they both seem to have the same range but I havent fully seen all the animations for the orthos so it might extend at some point. Also does the scindo not give crits or just raw dmg?

To be fair the red crits from Orthos is not the end of Scino. It's just a fun new toy we have. Eventually it will get old, and the use of weapons will even out again until we get more new fun toys. There is no overall deciding factor to have the Orthos over the Scindo. Only preference.

To be fair the red crits from Orthos is not the end of Scino. It's just a fun new toy we have. Eventually it will get old, and the use of weapons will even out again until we get more new fun toys. There is no overall deciding factor to have the Orthos over the Scindo. Only preference.

All of this. When it comes down to it, the only melee weapons that you shouldn't use are glaringly underpowered *coughANKYROScough*, otherwise your melee weapon is literally just down to personal preference.

All of this. When it comes down to it, the only melee weapons that you shouldn't use are glaringly underpowered *coughANKYROScough*, otherwise your melee weapon is literally just down to personal preference.

I'd just like to disagree. Try Ankyros with Mag's pull. It is LOL.

Haha alright well thats for your honesty and your opinion I will proabably get scindo first just cuz of its raw dmg but i will get orthos after :D

Before you do that, [clinteastwood]you need to ask yourself one question: "do I prefer a giant battleaxe, or a long, slender, double-bladed polearm?"[/clinteastwood].

I'm a fan of the Orthos; http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orthos.  It's a long reach weapon with multi-hit, decent crit & stagger without any mods.  It's good vs Infested, and if you don't already know how to slide attack, you should learn how; x3 damage on slide.  It's also very cheap to build in the Foundry.  It's really worth upgrading with an Orokin Catalyst & Forma; this is an end-game weapon.

Mod it with some Fury, Reflex Coil & Reach.  Add in Pressure Point & Killing Blow + some elemental to boost the damage and press E a couple times to win.  Press and hold E to win vs Ancient Infested.  It's a little light vs Grineer & Moas on normal swings, so Charge Attacks are key when you first get it, but add in Armour Pierce and Shocking Touch once you've got some room for them.  If you've got mod space, Cold is nice and keeps them closer for longer, and Molten Impact to stick it to Ancient Infested.

Just be careful near windows and exploding barrels...

Arghhh I cant deciddeee >_< I just want good a good dps meele weapon because I cant stand the cronus. Orthus seems so goodd q_q but i cant overlook that +10 more dmg on scindo

If numbers is all that matter to you then get the scindo, mod it to do great charge damage, then just keep doing charge attacks.

If looking masterful is more important then get the Orthos, mod it to be balanced, then use a combination of light melee heavy melee and dual pistols.

Arghhh I cant deciddeee >_< I just want good a good dps meele weapon because I cant stand the cronus. Orthus seems so goodd q_q but i cant overlook that +10 more dmg on scindo

Stop worrying about damage numbers and take whichever one you like the look of most. Pretty much every melee weapon in the game is just as good as the next once modded.

So as I was deciding which one to build i notice the sincdo has higher dmg then orthos but they have they same swing speed. Is this just a bug or is there more than meets the eye to the orthos that have everyone wanting it?

Orthos has a cool swing animation which I love. But I prefer the Scindo for damage with the Dagger Axe Skin just for looks

Orthos has higher overall dps due to its faster attack speed (normal and charging). However, Scindo is still a solid melee beast because of its utility - due to it being a heavy weapon, the regular and charge attacks prevent you form being stumbled and the jumping ground attack has a huge knockdown radius, whereas the Orthos only stumbles enemies.

If you're looking for something that's a balance of the speed of the Orthos and utility of the Scindo, get a Gram (my personal favorite).

Edited by Vorpalstryke

orthos is a monster verses infested, I have max melee speed, pressure point and reach and the 4 elemental mods, I can defend the pod solo without moving against infested, it can hit any enemies near you, no matter the direction they are in, it swings super fast and does great damage, yes the scindo will do more but this thing can swing so fast anything is dead before it gets to you before about wave 30, with the exception of ancients ofc, but even ancients get hit so much ive seen me holding 3 of them while the other team members shoot them, and running through a mass of chargers and runners and slide attacking destroys them

in short, personally, for me its the perfect weapon, ive never been one for the charge build and this is perfect