Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stellaris: Who has and your thoughts (plus my two cents on it)

Ghost333

Pretty much what the title is.

For those of us who don't have it, it's pretty much a mix of Civilization and Sins of a Solar Empire.
Or probably Crusader Kings (IN SPACE!) I don't know, I haven't played CK.

It's a Grand Strategy RTS (not Turn Based, as I first thought) that required a bit of forethought before doing S#&$ on occasion. For example: are you truly ready to take on that Fallen Empire who has 'superior' fleet strength compared to you, when you have five fleets with a combined strength of 100k combat power? Are you truly able to crush that foe that has declared war on you? Will that alliance F*** you over in the long run? Is it really necessary to enslave that population? Should you uplift the bird-people and rename them to 'Turians?' Probably yes to all of them.

It has my attention, and so far I am loving it.
I mean, come on.
You can play as a Reptillian race and infiltrate pre-space age civilizations and replace their leaders to forcefully vassalize them the moment they hit the space stage.
Who doesn't want to play as the Illuminati Space Lizards?
Me, the guy who is playing a millitary dictatorship bent on eliminating slavery and anyone who isn't me
Because Lawful Evil feels good.

Preordered it with no regrets. I really liked how deep it felt. From exploration to random events with anomalies and stuff. 

That's what I really loved when on sins, finding artifacts and unique planet stats. Stellaris just expanded that one area tenfold and it's intensified by the mod workshop too. 

Still has downsides though. Sectors can be a pain with the Ai when it comes to updating and managing. Though I haven't recently played it so it might have improved. Mid game can be a little slow but again, may have changed as the devs are aware of the issues and rolling out free updates on a monthly basis to address and expand. 

Actually eager for any Dlc that eventually comes out for this too.