Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Ammo Pick-Ups / Ammo Boxes Only?

Lumireaver

So I've been mulling this over for a while, and I came to the conclusion that ammo boxes aren't (or at least don't appear to be) used very often in casual play. (They seem to be limited to insane high-wave defense challenges.) To make things a bit more interesting and give ammo boxes a bit more use, I thought it might be nice to remove/replace standard ammo pick-ups with (considerably) rarer ammo boxes. Like mods, everyone would be able to pick the boxes up so it's not as though anyone will be experiencing a huge shortage of ammo any time soon, and the boxes are cheap enough in the market that you can resupply on your own if you're worried about not having enough bullets.

To solve the potential problem of not being able to reach wave 100, they could make ammo boxes stack to three per inventory slot or something. Otherwise ammo boxes picked up during a mission could be thrown into your usable inventory instead of being thrown straight into your arsenal. 

Your mileage may very as to whether or not this is a good idea. (There shouldn't be any far reaching, disastrous consequences as far as I can tell...)

The small ammo pickups are especially useful for people with Sniper type weapons (which have the rarest ammo drops) and Dual Vipers that burn through ammo faster than brush near a flamethrower.

I wouldn't be opposed to making ammo drop 3 times less, but increase the amount included in the drops by 2 times more.  The litter of ammo created just after 2-3 beginning waves of defense is pretty large.  I would agree that ammo boxes are not commonly used or needed in casual play for weapons with a firing rate of less than 10.  With higher firing rates, my gun runs out about two thirds of the way through the mission.

You know what'd make their use more common? Making them more convenient to use.

Allow buying boxes in multiples.

Hotkeys for one-press usage.

Better inventory management.

Stuff like that.

Yes.

The gear menu needs a lot of love... and hotkeys would be a great start.