Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Constantly Disconnected from Squad

KiSHOCK

Question

Almost every time I try to host (although it's every time if I try hosting in Void), my party is eventually disconnected from me. And if it's a Void mission, they ALWAYS get disconnected on our way there. I also get disconnected from other hosts quite a bit too. Not nearly as much but if the match goes on for more than 10 minutes I tend to lose the host.

I don't really think it's my internet since there are two other people in my house who use the same internet to play Warframe (though we're rarely on at the same time) and they almost never have these problems. I had these problems when I played with just Warframe by itself and it's still happening with the Steam version as well.

I'm not sure what the problem could be as I am not terribly computer savvy but if you have any suggestions as to why it might be happening or how i can fix this I would appreciate it!

Edited by TazEffect

5 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, TazEffect said:

there are two other people who use the same internet

That's a very broad statement. So they're with the same provider? Same plan? Live in the same area as you? Have the same routers? Etc.

I think it's your internet

5 minutes ago, Cydro_ said:

That's a very broad statement. So they're with the same provider? Same plan? Live in the same area as you? Have the same routers? Etc.

If it was their "internet" the others would be having issues as well though.

More specifically, it is a problem with the OP's connection to the internet.

Something as simple as the router, or physical connection (Ethernet cord, or even the cabling connection to the house), but unlikely as that would be more problematic than just warframe. Or the most likely culprits... your antivirus/firewall/Security software. You are going to want to find someone who is savvy to troubleshoot those honestly. Typically the whole process revolves around taking everything that could be the problem out of the equation (bypass the router, turn off/disable any software etc) and adding them back in one by one until you find out what is causing the problem.

1 hour ago, Cydro_ said:

Apologies. I thought it was clear enough but what I mean is we all use the same internet connection because we live together.

1 hour ago, Wopel said:

If it was their "internet" the others would be having issues as well though.

More specifically, it is a problem with the OP's connection to the internet.

Something as simple as the router, or physical connection (Ethernet cord, or even the cabling connection to the house), but unlikely as that would be more problematic than just warframe. Or the most likely culprits... your antivirus/firewall/Security software. You are going to want to find someone who is savvy to troubleshoot those honestly. Typically the whole process revolves around taking everything that could be the problem out of the equation (bypass the router, turn off/disable any software etc) and adding them back in one by one until you find out what is causing the problem.

My connection works fine for other online games. Warframe gives me the most grief if I try to play with other people tho.

I'll have a buddy look into the firewall thing though. That makes the most sense to me.

1 hour ago, TazEffect said:

My connection works fine for other online games. Warframe gives me the most grief if I try to play with other people tho.

I'll have a buddy look into the firewall thing though. That makes the most sense to me.

Unfortunately "works fine for other games" means nothing. When it comes down to it you are having the problem, no one else. This isn't some MMO with servers where you can blame it on the server. It is a co-op game where we connect to each other (peer to peer) and you, by your own admission and explanation, are the common denominator to all the issues.

If you all are going through the same network and you are the only one having issues... it is your computer or your connection to the router. It could be the router, but if that were the case you would expect all connections through it to suffer the same (there are very few and very particular reasons for it to happen to a single connection, and whoever set up the router would have needed to play with the settings in some way to cause that behavior). And if it is a wireless setup... well, good luck if there is some sort of interference. There isn't a whole lot a "not tech savvy" person can do about that (heck even if you are, there might not be anything to be done about it lol).

That leaves your computer. 

Not trying to bash you, or anything honest. Just trying to explain"theory" behind what could be causing it. People swear up and down until they are blue in the face with denial... just to find out "something happened" on the computer that all the sudden impacted something else which causes problems for a program. Computers are just funny that way. Don't live in denial, it isn't a pretty place ;)