Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Spartan Laser: Opticor Build?

(PSN)Saobie3

Question

I got this thing and my jaw dropped when i saw its base damage. So now im using it and i like it and all but i feel like it needs a specialized build, as the generic mods id normally put on things are yielding pretty bad results. My Hek does at least 3x the damage and is much easier to use. And while i dont expect it to be better than my Hek, i at least want it to be a contendor.

So whats a good build? 

10 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Saobie3 said:

I got this thing and my jaw dropped when i saw its base damage. So now im using it and i like it and all but i feel like it needs a specialized build, as the generic mods id normally put on things are yielding pretty bad results. My Hek does at least 3x the damage and is much easier to use. And while i dont expect it to be better than my Hek, i at least want it to be a contendor.

So whats a good build? 

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Opticor/t_30_22220330_132-0-5-133-7-5-137-1-10-140-3-5-141-5-5-150-2-10-159-4-5-405-6-5_132-8-137-7-150-8-140-5-159-9-141-6-405-5-133-11/en/2-0-57/34960/0

this is my favorite.

You can also go for Shred + 120% puncture mod instead of corrosive if you like wiping out lines of enemies in lanka style.

Edited by CrudShuzKong

1 minute ago, CrudShuzKong said:

That burst dps outdoes my Hek, by a large margain...

Thanks, i will follow this build. Once i get the right mods, and forma to do it ofc

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Saobie3 said:

That burst dps outdoes my Hek, by a large margain...

Thanks, i will follow this build. Once i get the right mods, and forma to do it ofc

If you are playing lower level content dotn be afraid to cut down the damage a bit in favor of more fire rate, it makes the weapon even more fun and and the amount of damage it does is actually waaaaayy too much for most enemies to withstand anyways :P

Edited by CrudShuzKong

23 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

If you are playing lower level content dotn be afraid to cut down the damage a bit in favor of more fire rate, it makes the weapon even more fun and and the amount of damage it does is actually waaaaayy too much for most enemies to withstand anyways :P

But why crit chanc? Its crit rate is low, even with mods on. Is ther some unlisted stat?

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Saobie3 said:

But why crit chanc? Its crit rate is low, even with mods on. Is ther some unlisted stat?

together with split chamber that chance to crit per trigger pull becomes decent. You dont have to mod for it though, i think even without crits the weapon can hold its own pretty well.

3 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

together with split chamber that chance to crit per trigger pull becomes decent. You dont have to mod for it though, i think even without crits the weapon can hold its own pretty well.

Dosnt the game calculate the probability of at least 1 shot critting? So having split chambers would still list the probability of one of th two beams critting i think. Im not too sure

How often do YOU see crits? And whats the damage like for it? Is it needed for higher level?

Just now, (PS4)Saobie3 said:

Dosnt the game calculate the probability of at least 1 shot critting? So having split chambers would still list the probability of one of th two beams critting i think. Im not too sure

How often do YOU see crits? And whats the damage like for it? Is it needed for higher level?

The game is highly inconsistent in that regard, crits are shown and calculated per bullet, but status chance is always shown per trigger pull.

it crits about every second shot, but i havent used it much in level-ranges where non-crits did not kill too.

16 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

The game is highly inconsistent in that regard, crits are shown and calculated per bullet, but status chance is always shown per trigger pull.

it crits about every second shot, but i havent used it much in level-ranges where non-crits did not kill too.

Hm... in that case its worth using. With its outrageous damage and a x4.4 multiplier i can imagine a crit would ohko virtually anything