Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Builds?

(PSN)Sin-Kytori

Question

So I've been mulling the idea of a few limbo builds. A rift nuke build stacking str and ignoring duration, and one that maintains as much duration and str as possible for weapon play in the rift (Although Limbo seems SUUUUUPER squishy at the moment and I can't quite figure out why)

First things first, does anyone know if the rift surge damage increase is applied to enemies before or after they are hit with the banish/cata damage? (This would essentially determine if it would be worth popping surge before cata

For the STR build, I was thinking natural talent might actually come in to play for once because it would cut the cast time of cataclysm which would essentially be the major source of AoE damage. Then your standard build to 299% damage.

The duration build I figured I would maintain 230ish str and with primed cont (maybe constitution) try and keep it at least above 100% duration. The duration can't be too short or surge and rift walk wouldn't be worth casting.

Thoughts?

Just tried a str build base with 256% and it did no where NEAR enough damage to warrant using. It was nice being able to tick damage 2 times with cata (one for when it popped and another for when it vanished) but beyond that, the damage is too low and there's no other way of using the build due to low duration.

Edited by (PS4)Sin-Kytori

3 answers to this question

A pure str build is useless, but str and range with minimal duration works. It is not a effective way of using limbo though, limbo is more useful for that invincibility that comes with it. And damage wise it is not worth using his first ability but rather the cataclysm, because the range+str build with minimal duration can hit most enemies twice (the opening of cataclysm and the closing of it). For a duration build go full duration and survivability and if you want to use the bonus damage then stack efficiency duration and str (in order of importance) and with all of this possibly the augment for more damage aswell. I hope this isnt too confusing, i might of wrote it weird because im sleepy.

Also i think rift surge does not increase the damage of the abilities but only weapon damage.

1 minute ago, Korakian said:

A pure str build is useless, but str and range with minimal duration works. It is not a effective way of using limbo though, limbo is more useful for that invincibility that comes with it. And damage wise it is not worth using his first ability but rather the cataclysm, because the range+str build with minimal duration can hit most enemies twice (the opening of cataclysm and the closing of it). For a duration build go full duration and survivability and if you want to use the bonus damage then stack efficiency duration and str (in order of importance) and with all of this possibly the augment for more damage aswell. I hope this isnt too confusing, i might of wrote it weird because im sleepy.

Also i think rift surge does not increase the damage of the abilities but only weapon damage.

I understood most of this but there is a technical detail I'm unsure of. When going for a weapon damage build, Eff/Dur/Str in that order, would I bother putting on Fleeting Expertise?

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:53 PM, (PS4)Sin-Kytori said:

I understood most of this but there is a technical detail I'm unsure of. When going for a weapon damage build, Eff/Dur/Str in that order, would I bother putting on Fleeting Expertise?

Yea fleeting is almost needed, but not at max rank. At rank 4 it is perfect no need to go higher then that. Also another build you might want to look into is a battle arena build, but those are quite weird to make, because you need everything over 100% or near it. It works best (in my opinion) max range, good efficiency, decent duration and str at minimal 90%.