Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loot Radius Warframe Mod Idea

TheCometCE

Was thinking earlier with some friends about if there's a mod for this, but apparently not.

so yeah:

Warframe mod that increases the pickup radius for orbs/money/drops/etc., perhaps 2m per rank max of 10m

Idea hit me after going from Diablo 3 to this game, figured speedrunners may like it :)

I like this idea, but there are some underlying problems.

1) In laggy games, the game can't cycle through all the pickups fast enough to get the things you need before cycling back to start. For example, if you don't have a shotgun, and you are trying to get a mod in between two shotgun ammo drops, it sometimes can't figure it out fast enough and just tells you shotgun ammo full for 30 seconds.

2) Known issues with energy pickups when you have been disrupted. You can pick up every energy orb in 10 meters, but if you are still in the disrupted phase, none of it does any good, whereas now you can deftly maneuver around them. Maybe this is just a cost of doing business, but it seems that you shouldn't be able to pick up things that are ultimately hurting you.

3) The filter. I like to know if the resource I just picked up was a neurode or just some ferrite. With increased range, you will never be able to pay attention to that one line at the bottom long enough to figure out what you got. BUT: easy FIX - disable showing loot pickups for weapons you're not using and possible full weapons. AND/OR create a second display that shows things like credits, resources, and blueprints, preferably in a more visible spot and larger/brighter text.

Edited by Westmin

I like this idea, but there are some underlying problems.1) In laggy games, the game can't cycle through all the pickups fast enough to get the things you need before cycling back to start. For example, if you don't have a shotgun, and you are trying to get a mod in between two shotgun ammo drops, it sometimes can't figure it out fast enough and just tells you shotgun ammo full for 30 seconds.2) Known issues with energy pickups when you have been disrupted. You can pick up every energy orb in 10 meters, but if you are still in the disrupted phase, none of it does any good, whereas now you can deftly maneuver around them. Maybe this is just a cost of doing business, but it seems that you shouldn't be able to pick up things that are ultimately hurting you.3) The filter. I like to know if the resource I just picked up was a neurode or just some ferrite. With increased range, you will never be able to pay attention to that one line at the bottom long enough to figure out what you got. BUT: easy FIX - disable showing loot pickups for weapons you're not using and possible full weapons. AND/OR create a second display that shows things like credits, resources, and blueprints, preferably in a more visible spot and larger/brighter text.

1. Not entirely sure what you mean

2. May just have to stay extra far away from energy, but a very good point.

3. It should have a separate place where it shows resources and bps then where it shows ammo and energy and health IMHO.

One factor in laggy games for why it takes so long to get what you're standing over is that the game is still trying to pick up other things.

Oh I know what you mean. Like when I stand in a mod for 2 minutes before I actually pick it up.