The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Loading screen freeze with DirectX 11 on

wtbCOPIUM1p

Every time I try to join a game my loading screen freezes for about a minute and then i get the connection to host lost message. After some research I found out that directx 11 might be the problem so i tried turning both dx11 and 10 off, which partially fixed the problem. Tried optimizing cache, disabling multi-thread and running in 32 bit mode, but nothing seems to work with directx11 on. 

On directx11 game runs smoothly with medium to high settings, with loading being the only problem. On directx9 i have to set everything to low to get decent fps, but at least I can connect to games.

Is there any way of fixing this or do I have to keep playing with directx9?

Edited by xddotdark

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like it might be a shader compilation bug? From my EE.log:

Sys [Info]: Finished load of ShaderPermutation batch [29.6s and 38 frames at 779 ms/frame avg, 4 ms/update peak]

This matches up with an incredibly long delay ingame between frames.

Speculation:

Since this bug only happens on my laptop which has intel iris 540 graphics, and my desktop has a GTX 970 (and does not experience this issue) I'm wondering if there isn't a cache for compiled shaders built into the game? Perhaps it's trying to compile a bunch of shaders on my laptop's weak CPU every time the game is run? Perhaps DE doesn't notice this issue during testing because they all have AMD or NVIDIA graphics cards, and their drivers have shader caches built in?

30 second hitches are kinda ridiculous....

EDIT: Possibly related to?

Edited by IBeMad