Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Notification Rework

CrazyCanadian24

I'll get straight to the point: forums are international. When I sleep, others remain awake. When I wake up, more often than not I wake up to a full notification log. But how do I really know that there have only been 25 notifications while I slept? The notification log overwrites previous notifications after it reaches the 25 notification mark, so in reality, someone could have replied to a thread that I'm following, only to have the notification overwritten by all the replies to other topics that I'm following.

The solution? Sort the notifications list. If someone replies to a topic I'm following, have a notification for it, but do not show subsequent notifications for it - rather, move it's position up in the list. In this way, I'll know what topics have been replied to, regardless of the number of replies to it. Always have it show the oldest new reply following the previous time the topic was viewed, to prevent confusion.

That is all.

I have no idea why they would only allow 25 in the listing as the default amount is higher than that (40-50), but that's how instant notifications work. Instantly means it adds a notification to your list the moment there's a new post. I assume daily will group the notifications per-topic like you want them to.

And there's always email which will never get overwritten.

I have no idea why they would only allow 25 in the listing as the default amount is higher than that (40-50), but that's how instant notifications work. Instantly means it adds a notification to your list the moment there's a new post. I assume daily will group the notifications per-topic like you want them to.

And there's always email which will never get overwritten.

So, mind explaining why people who stalk the forums, like myself, should be punished for using instant notifications? It's far more streamlined if you are constantly on the forums.

Edited by CrazyCanadian24

So, mind explaining why people who stalk the forums, like myself, should be punished for using instant notifications? It's far more streamlined if you are constantly on the forums.

I'm not saying they should, I'm saying that that's the way they currently work. I'm not sure what's in the works for IP Suite 4.0. We'll have to see and hope Warframe upgrades to that.

You just can't make bulk notices when they're instant, and as I said, I have no idea why it's limited to 25 here.

• 1 month later...

I'll get straight to the point: forums are international. When I sleep, others remain awake. When I wake up, more often than not I wake up to a full notification log. But how do I really know that there have only been 25 notifications while I slept? The notification log overwrites previous notifications after it reaches the 25 notification mark, so in reality, someone could have replied to a thread that I'm following, only to have the notification overwritten by all the replies to other topics that I'm following.

The solution? Sort the notifications list. If someone replies to a topic I'm following, have a notification for it, but do not show subsequent notifications for it - rather, move it's position up in the list. In this way, I'll know what topics have been replied to, regardless of the number of replies to it. Always have it show the oldest new reply following the previous time the topic was viewed, to prevent confusion.

That is all.

This has my full support! It is frustrating to have to choose between following hot topics and keeping track of other topics. Having to look up and recheck your own topics to make sure you did not miss a reply is a hassle. I've started to bookmark hot topics instead of actually following them so that I can still keep track of other topics. There are many interesting conversations going on I'd like to be notified of new contributions to. 25 notifs usually only give me 5-8 topics:

unTFSxJ.png?1

A little on the side of the topic, but I'd also like a notif for when I am being quoted.