Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rumored Token System ?

Batwing

Now we all know mastery ranks are kind of a big goal in warframe. You need them for certain weapons you want to get.And it's kind of a cool bragging right type thing.Well with the way things are people are running into a brick wall unless they spend plat and even with the starter plat that just pushes the wall back further.You rank up mastery by leveling weapons and warframes and since people have a limited inventory for these with no other way to expand them they will either have to delete warframes and weapons that they may like and may want to keep just to be able to progress mastery rank wise, which to me seems like a seriously bad deal.I'm not saying oh give everyone all the inv they need for free but maybe have the token system that was mentioned a bit back as daily rewards instead you get 1 token a day and say you can exchange those for warframe slots weapon slots, small amounts of plat, alternate rushing currency in foundry and that would remove the brick wall and not FORCE players to sell favorite weapons and warframes.Not to mention some warframes and weapons are built better for certain factions and situations so it's not that fun when you have to sell loadouts that you put thought into because you can't get more inv space for weapons or warframes to level up and get your mastery rank higher.And I'm not suggesting like 1 token per thing maybe like 25 for warframe slot 15 for weapon slot and like 100 for 50 plat idk others can rework the prices.I'm just saying it would give people a better choice and another reason to play more while making daily rewards useful and but it wouldn't make buying platinum obsolete it would just not kinda push people as hard to buy it.

Yes DE needs money but if this IS going to be a free to play game truly can they at least give people an alternative to getting some sort of essential things in the game you need to level up ? I mean damn i have over 20 weapons and i think all of the warframes but 4 most of which are maxed out and I'm only 1/6 the way to MR8.

You could also maybe put sentinel cosmetics,alt helmets,skins,color packs,weapon blueprints for alert missions in the token shop to also ease the people who disagree with the alert system I'm not demanding it and it could be flawed but it's a side suggestion make the alerts artifact and maybe token based also so people have more choice of what they want but still keep the token priced high so that it takes awhile to get enough for your prize so you have to really put thought and consideration of what you want to spend your month of tokens for.

Choices are always good it gives verity it's what this game needs really, a lot of these complaints and feedback can all be calmed down by giving the people who supported this game and made it move up in the ranks more choices.

And to people that might think "well then people will just grind for tokens and DE will loose all their funding and then die" people can also just farm for warframes yet people STILL BUY THEM FOR PLAT.Same goes for some weapons and everything else people will ALWAYS be impatient for some things and the people who can buy plat and continue to like the game and play will also continue to spend money for platinum this will just give the players who don't have that alternative a way to continue playing and progress not as fast as the others but still progress.

(This was going to be a reply to a topic already posted then i kinda got distracted with it so yeah token system......sounds like a grand idea....anyone else have thoughts about how it could work and what should be available ?)

Meh, although nice, it's not entirely necessary.

I've spend 44 of the initial 50 platinum on 1 warframe slot (Excalibur + Ash + Frost atm) and 2 times 2 weapons slots (extra 4 weapons)

I have yet to need to delete one of my warframes, even if i do, i already have full BP and Resource for another Excalibur and Ash, as for weapons, i only have them full, since i have 4 melees at rank 0 waiting for me to finish leveling my Dark Sword.

Atm i'm Rank 5 around 15%, by the time i finish all my current non-rank 30 i'll be easily around rank 6 or very near it.

If, i do wish to get alot of mastery in a small amount of time (which i don't), then i would indeed need another warframe slot (or delete one of the old not used) since leveling warframe + primary + side arm + melee + sentinel + sentinel weapon = All Rank 30 = 1 Mastery Rank or more

Meh, although nice, it's not entirely necessary.

I've spend 44 of the initial 50 platinum on 1 warframe slot (Excalibur + Ash + Frost atm) and 2 times 2 weapons slots (extra 4 weapons)

I have yet to need to delete one of my warframes, even if i do, i already have full BP and Resource for another Excalibur and Ash, as for weapons, i only have them full, since i have 4 melees at rank 0 waiting for me to finish leveling my Dark Sword.

Atm i'm Rank 5 around 15%, by the time i finish all my current non-rank 30 i'll be easily around rank 6 or very near it.

If, i do wish to get alot of mastery in a small amount of time (which i don't), then i would indeed need another warframe slot (or delete one of the old not used) since leveling warframe + primary + side arm + melee + sentinel + sentinel weapon = All Rank 30 = 1 Mastery Rank or more

May be necessary to calm people down and would solve some issues people have with the game making it more appealing to them and their friends.Not to mention more high mastery ranked weapons are sure to come out as we've seen with update 8 and the foundry weapons requiring mastery rank 7.I do see your point but you do claim it would be nice and isn't that what people have been asking for for awhile ? More nice things less nerfs (don't really want to get into that atm >_>") but people have asking sometimes demanding some changes to this current reward system I don't want to argue about it really more of suggest this alternative and see what others think about it and how they think it could work/be improved

(...) since leveling warframe + primary + side arm + melee + sentinel + sentinel weapon = All Rank 30 = 1 Mastery Rank or more

From 5 to 6 I needed somewhat around 28000 mastery points (so far I remember), that means leveling more than 4 Frames (each is 6000 points) or almost 10 weapons (each 3000 points). Also, sentinels or their weapons give no points (this was my observation at last and is also stated in the wiki this way). 

This means you would be 13000 points short for a mastery rank~ But leveling a lot equipment at a time is basicially the way to reach the next mastery level faster,  of course xD

Token as an alternative has been discussed quite a lot in the forum. However, I don't see the need to use token to earn new slots and other cosmetic items since, imo, slot should be added through mastery system and cosmetic should remain plat or alert-only items.

Token, on the other hand, has a lot of benefit when used as a 'patch' for RNG related items (BP from bosses, rare material). Token could be presented as item transmuter, converting lesser item into better quality one or create a missing part of BP from excess parts.