The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keep Crashing Over And Over?

xCorzza

Question

Hey was just wondering, i crashed about 5 times during a 5 minute period, one even bieng a BSOD.

Just wanna know if anyone can help me:

The BSOD code - 0x0000124 (uncorrectable hardware error)

System specs:

I5 3570K @4.4GHz

HD 7950 @ 1100MHz

8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws RAM

AsRock extreme 4 MOBO

cooler master hyper 212 EVO

cooler master extreme 2 625w PSU

And no it is not a power issue because i can play battlefield 3 fine.

if any other info is needed let me know.

11 answers to this question

If you keep crashing maybe you should drive slower HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

In seriousness, you should also try the bugs section of the forum, and of course submit a support ticket.  I've never heard of Warframe causing BSOD, and if no one else seems to have had this problem it might be something wrong with your computer.  That's all I can say, sorry I can't be more helpful. 

For the first time in 95 hours /played, i crashed, twice. Once yesterday and once today, both during hosted games where one or more of my friends joined. One of which was a tower raid = key wasted...

Hey was just wondering, i crashed about 5 times during a 5 minute period, one even bieng a BSOD.

Just wanna know if anyone can help me:

The BSOD code - 0x0000124 (uncorrectable hardware error)

I also run a 3570K @ 4.2Ghz, HD 7950 @ 1050/1350, also on a Z77 Extreme 4. No issues. Maybe you should try stepping down your overclocks a little?

And no it is not a power issue because i can play battlefield 3 fine.

You shouldn't assume anything along these lines until you figure out what led to your BSOD. It's terribly ironic and slightly frustrating when one makes a forum post asking for help because they're having crashes and/or BSOD, but preemptively rules out possibilities because <x>. Frankly, if you were a talented diagnostician, you wouldn't be here. =)

Anyway, you need more information about the crashes. You could search through Warframe's EE.log (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Warframe) to see if there are indications about what's crashing or dig through the Windows Event Viewer.

Since you've had a BSOD likely related to whatever the issue is, you can also use BlueScreenView to try to narrow down a specific problematic driver. There's also Driver Verifier, a Windows component which, as its name implies, verifies third-party drivers are functioning properly.

If all of this is inconclusive, try running a few passes with memtestx86 to rule out memory corruption.

It should go without saying, but verify that your CPU and GPU aren't getting too hot. Fire up Prime95 / Furmark for a few minutes to be sure. Just covering all the bases here.

BSODs are rarely software, and most of the time, hardware errors. In your case, a device stopped responding or denoting it's presence at all.

Check for physical damage or a lose socketed device, take out RAM modules and put them back in, same with GFX and sound card, clean the inside of dust bunnies, run a memtest to check your RAM and run a benchmark to test your GFX card.

Edit: What the guy above me said.

Try to run without the overclock for some time. I'm sure the mobo can save bios settings, so you can simply reload the oc later.

If your system doesn't crash anymore, you have to look into the overclocking again. If not, some hardware / hardware connection may be damaged.

To determine the stability of an oc I'd never use a game like Battlefield. Use a program that puts a serious load to your CPU like Intel Burn Test or Prime 95 and Furmark for the GPU.

Edited by killjoy88