Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regular missions on syndicate/alert nodes

Elythara

Question

As the title suggests, with the new starmap, I haven't found out how to do a regular mission on a node that has an alert or syndicate mission. It used to be that I could click a node and then select which kind of mission I wanted to play (regular/alert/syndicate/nightmare/invasion). How can I do that now? When I click a node, it instantly puts me in queue (public) or starts the mission (solo/invite/friends) and there is no option in the settings to control this behivour.

4 answers to this question

I asked around in Region chat about the same thing and no one seems to know or else states that its unpossible. They say that nodes marked with alert/syndicate missions will override normal missions and you're automatically bound to the alert/syndicate mish.

Which, of course, is stupid AF. 

Gotta wonder wtf goes on in the DE boiler room when they come up with these half-cocked ideas. I mean, the new starchart LOOKS great, it really does. But form ususally follows function, not the other way around. I imagine this issue will get fixed, but its classic DE to have such excitement for all the updates they're planning, only to overlook glaring problems such as this, SMFH.

Forever Beta™

Edited by mroncetwice

3 minutes ago, mroncetwice said:

Which, of course, is stupid AF.

Actually, this is how the game used to work from the beginning: if there is an alert/invasion on the node, then the regular mission is unavailable. This was changed due to whining players maybe a year ago. )

But this time - yep, probably just a bug.

7 hours ago, Simshobel said:

Actually, this is how the game used to work from the beginning: if there is an alert/invasion on the node, then the regular mission is unavailable. This was changed due to whining players maybe a year ago. )

But this time - yep, probably just a bug.

I've been around since Open Beta, but I guess I forgot about the old mission choice process; it does sound vaguely familiar. Good call- I guess ive been blinded from the years of having a choice, ha. Didn't really think it was a bug, though. I totally thought it was intentional.