Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 8.1.3 Unlisted Modifications.

OriKlein

Yours is the only post that actually has a concept behind it so I'd gladly discuss this issue.

I don't like speed being taken out. If it were up to me, Rush mods would reach Rank 11 instead of 5. (+60% instead of +30%)

This would allow people to either wallrun for speed, or work hard and have the dedication you mentioned to reach the speeds they were used to.

My only concern is finding the right way to give us speed rather than settling on the way people are used to.

I think that Wallrunning or simply sprinting incredibly fast (As in, faster than the current cap they allow us to run at) is a much smarter, more efficient way of giving us mobility than -

having a cycle of Flipping and Kicking which looks absurd and feels weird (Even if it is fast), or letting us become helicopters simply by meleeing in midair.

I'm infavor of speed and mobility, I'm not infavor of being stuck on what could potentially be a mistake. When we get too accomodated to a single form of movement, we ignore any form of innovation towards a form of movement that would potentially be more fun.

DE has the choice to leave things as they are, revert back to old decisions, or think what would be better for the game moving forwards.

Going back to the endless-sliding was a revert, and I accept their decision. I would've prefered a better alternative, but that was their choice. People complained about the lack of speed and their first instinct is not to present new ideas for speed, it is to change things back to the way they were. This isn't always the best way to fix things in a game.

I agree and disagree with some of the things you talked about. 

I personally don't want to waste Warframe Module space for simply being able to go fast, however I do like going fast. I agree that as much as I enjoy helicoptering at the speed of light it certainly does look silly. What DE should incorporate is a set of combos or move sets in order to go fast without using mods and to encourage players to become more experienced advance players. Make it so that in order to go at helicopter speed and not use Warframe mod space you need to learn how to do a correct combination of moves/cancels in order to go fast.

I agree and disagree with some of the things you talked about. 

I personally don't want to waste Warframe Module space for simply being able to go fast, however I do like going fast. I agree that as much as I enjoy helicoptering at the speed of light it certainly does look silly. What DE should incorporate is a set of combos or move sets in order to go fast without using mods and to encourage players to become more experienced advance players. Make it so that in order to go at helicopter speed and not use Warframe mod space you need to learn how to do a correct combination of moves/cancels in order to go fast.

That is the innovation I love seeing. I absolutely agree, this is something they could look into, and it would very much fit in with the game.

I'm watching Update 9 between reading and posting in this thread, and I've only just heard what Update 9 is all about: Optimisation, reworks, and fixes. I freaking love DE so much right now.

I think the reason this entire argument started is because of the way I posted my first post. My only complaint in it was that they really didn't tell us about all of the amazing changes done in the Hotfix thread - It doesn't mean that I'm not happy with the changes, I just want to know them because there are A LOT.

That is the innovation I love seeing. I absolutely agree, this is something they could look into, and it would very much fit in with the game.

I'm watching Update 9 between reading and posting in this thread, and I've only just heard what Update 9 is all about: Optimisation, reworks, and fixes. I freaking love DE so much right now.

I think the reason this entire argument started is because of the way I posted my first post. My only complaint in it was that they really didn't tell us about all of the amazing changes done in the Hotfix thread - It doesn't mean that I'm not happy with the changes, I just want to know them because there are A LOT.

Yeah I think the bit where you asked if DE even tries was a bit confusing.

Yeah I think the bit where you asked if DE even tries was a bit confusing.

I walked ingame after reading about 15 lines of changes, and at least 5 times per minute something new popped into my eyes. Frankly I was just upset they don't showoff such things, because they are so absurdly awesome. Take credit, DE!

Even very core things in the game got changed completely, like a lot of new Grineer sounds, and that wasn't mentioned in the Hotfix page.

Just look around in this thread. if you manage to ignore this mess of an argument that has escalated pretty far, you can find dozens of amazing new changes that people are excited about.

I walked ingame after reading about 15 lines of changes, and at least 5 times per minute something new popped into my eyes. Frankly I was just upset they don't showoff such things, because they are so absurdly awesome. Take credit, DE!

Even very core things in the game got changed completely, like a lot of new Grineer sounds, and that wasn't mentioned in the Hotfix page.

Just look around in this thread. if you manage to ignore this mess of an argument that has escalated pretty far, you can find dozens of amazing new changes that people are excited about.

Yeah I try to ignore the more embarrassing people from my clan.

There is new FX in a hull breach, you hear the oxygen leaking out and the "Schloomp" when the windows close.

Thank you for posting an actual unlisted change. Now just 95% of that page is ranting.

I noticed that you can't do two Slide Attacks in a row anymore. It might be a bug, I suppose, but it doesn't work for sure with Orthos, Dual Heat Swords or Scindo, making me think it doesn't work with any weapon anymore :S.

Edited by Archon357

1. The Infested have new SFX (more insectoid & chittering) as well, and I think the Corpus might do, too.

2. One of the Corpus defense maps seems to have gone through some Global Warming.

What sorts of new SFX, Death or general?

That map has had lakes as of few updates ago.

Also, Smoke screen now shows Third person translucent  warframe, instead of weird, hovering, non-sprint-able first person perspective

Smoke screen never was first person. It was always a complete transparent third person.

Best Regards,

Infested seem to have more ambient SFX now, they screech more.

Also, can anyone confirm that Infested Ancients now lost their total damage immunity to electric damage? I seem to have read in the wiki that it's now at 50%.

That map has had lakes as of few updates ago.

Smoke screen never was first person. It was always a complete transparent third person.

Best Regards,

well it sure as heck looked like it. it seemed like a first person camera panning (if that is the term) smoothly in whatever direction you wanted. the warframe wasnt visible at all, and you couldnt jump, wallrun, sprint, climb, etc.

Edited by d1ru

Didnt De promise something among the lines of being more open & include all the changes & fixes in the patchenotes?

Because so far reading trough this thread it seems that de just continues to carry on with the usual routine of changing/fixing stuff unancounced & its up to the playerbase AGAIN to dig up the fixes.

Dissapointed..

But Kudos for everyone contributing here.

Infested seem to have more ambient SFX now, they screech more.

Also, can anyone confirm that Infested Ancients now lost their total damage immunity to electric damage? I seem to have read in the wiki that it's now at 50%.

I can confirm that they lost their immunity to electric damage, They do take 50% damage now. (Tried with Lanka and Vaubans Tesla)