Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously?

DreamHound

Seriously fix how the guns shoot and sound. It sounds like a paintball and feels like paper. Make it like battlefield 3 where it sounds solid and rough and feels like your're shooting a real gun. Especially the sniper rifle feels horrible and sounds like paintball. Make it sound like a real sniper rifle and echo the bullet sound through the rooms seriously and stuff. Hate how it feels so fake and paperweight.

Some of the guns could do with a more substantial sound, but the Snipetron pretty clearly sounds like it's fitted with an internal sound suppressor. There's nothing wrong with that, and leaves room for a mid-long range semi-auto cannon type weapon in the future that could really bring the noise.

Are you seriously expecting a small independent studio to be able to spend as much on their sound design as Battlefield 3?

People without much insight into the game development process sometimes have a hard time understanding the difference in available resources between the publisher owned top funded devs and smaller independant guys. Might sound condescending, but it's something I see a lot. That said, DE is putting forth AAA quality production values, so it changes people's expectations of them I think.

I personally think the guns would sound fine with a little more tweaking, particularly in the volume department. The Aklatos for example sound a little tinny. The Bronco sounds great but again should stand out a bit more. Guns like the Lex and HEK sound perfect for their roles.

Edited by Sealgaire

Hah, not sure about that. Pretty everything in the 40K universe, and especially anything that has to do with the Space Marines, is supposed to almost comically over the top. Having your sidearm sound like an automatic tank cannon might be a bit much in this game.

Hah, not sure about that. Pretty everything in the 40K universe, and especially anything that has to do with the Space Marines, is supposed to almost comically over the top. Having your sidearm sound like an automatic tank cannon might be a bit much in this game.

Not for us Tenno, for the Grineer ;)

most of the guns in this game probably don't even use standard gun-powder ammunition.

You're an idiot.

says the guy with too little brainpower to formulate an actual argument. what he/she said makes perfect sense. we have no idea what technology goes into these weapons so to expect them to sound like contemporary weapons is just plain silly.

and it's far more advantageous to have quiet weapons than loud ones, so i welcome this unique take on weapons. i'm sure they'll pander to the fans at some point with loud boom sticks for children who can't grasp the aforementioned concepts.

There's also the fact that we may actually not be firing bullets. That said, I'm thinking of sounds more in line with W40K: Space Marines.

Except a bolter practically fires mini rockets. Warframe's little pea shooter likely wouldn't sound anything like that.