The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[System Rework] Transmutation 2.0

Kai

So right now, Transmutation is sort of a place for those with enough credits and crazy number of Ammo Drums, Vacuum, etc Mods to mix in but right now, it doesn't really serve any purpose than to spend Credits and get a random mod for a price of 4 to 1. I know that Transmutation Segment can do so much more than eat Credit and give more Ammo Drums or even get unreleased Mods accidentally. So let me suggest a system rework for Transmutation!

Transmutation 2.0

The Transmutation Segment now offers two options for players to pick from - Trace and Transmute

Trace - Tracing can only be done by purchasing a Blank Mod from Cephalon Simaris. Upon obtaining a Blank Mod, they must have it installed on their Transmutation Segment and pick an option of either to trace a Warframe, Weapon, Companion, Archwing or Archwing Weapon. Once done, the player simply has to run through missions to accumulate Affinity for the said Blank Mod which can be tracked by checking your Mission Progress during a mission or after it via Mission Reward Screen. This will show as a Blank Mod with an Affinity Bar itself.

Once enough Affinity has been collected, the player simply has to check the Transmutation Segment and check the Trace in which it will now change the Blank Mod to a Mod of the category you have picked (Warframe Mod, Weapon Mod, Companion Mod, Archwing Mod or Archwing Weapon Mod). Players can repeat the process as much as they want!

Common Blank Mod - Costs 2,500 Standing and requires the least amount of Affinity to be completed.

Uncommon Blank Mod - Costs 3,000 Standing and requires an average amount of Affinity to be completed.

Rare Blank Mod - Costs 5,000 Standing and requires the most amount of Affinity to be completed (Equal Affinity required to reach Rank 30 for a Warframe and Archwing).

Transmute - Transmute follows a simple system that rewards players greatly overtime. Upon picking the option, players are presented the Transmutation Chamber containing a Main Chamber Slot and Fodder Slot. Upon initiating the Transmute, a bar will be shown beneath the Transmutation Chamber with 4 segments. The bar gradually fills up overtime and may be faster or slower than others depending on the Special Mod Type present in the Main Chamber. Each time the bar reaches the end of a segment, the player receives a random Special Mod, up to 4 times before it is done and the player can restart.

- The Main Chamber Slot only requires the player to feed it one Non-Primed Special Mod (Aura, Stance, Exilus, Nightmare, Corrupted, Augment, Conclave, or Damaged Mod), this will set the type of Mods the player will be receiving overtime such as dropping an Aura Mod will cause the player to receive an Aura Mod each time it is ready. Non-Primed Special Mod placed cannot be returned to the player.

Damaged Mod - Requires 8 Hours for the Bar to Fill.

Exilus - Requires 8 Hours for the Bar to Fill.

Aura - Requires 8.5 Hours for the Bar to Fill.

Stance - Requires 8.5 Hours for the Bar to Fill.

Conclave - Requires 8.5 Hours for the Bar to Fill.

Nightmare - Requires 10 Hours for the Bar to Fill.

Augment - Requires 10 Hours for the Bar to Fill. 

Corrupted - Requires 12 Hours for the Bar to Fill.

- Next is the Fodder Slot which acts as a fuel for the Transmutation Chamber. Up to three Mods can be placed here at a time in which case it will be locked for 4 hours and slowly "consume" these mods in order to speed up the progress of the bar. The amount of time reduced for the bar to fill depends on the combined rarity of the mods. 

Common Mod - Reduces Time by 3%.

Uncommon Mod - Reduces Time by 5%.

Rare Mod - Reduces Time by 7%.

Primed Mod - Reduces Time by 12%.

Interesting, although it feels as though the post got cut off on the end. So if i understand, trace is for choosing a type of mod and transmute is almost like how in Final Fantasy VII i believe how you could split a full materia into two unranked ones, just instead it turns another mod (possibly the same rarity) into a copy?

Edited by AquaTalon
Turns out my brain turns off some times when I read

1 hour ago, AquaTalon said:

Interesting, although it feels as though the post got cut off on the end. So if i understand, trace is for choosing a type of mod and transmute is almost like how in Final Fantasy VII i believe how you could split a full materia into two unranked ones, just instead it turns another mod (possibly the same rarity) into a copy?

Practically, yes - although for Transmute it is random and takes time but yields more Mods for a single sacrifice.

2 minutes ago, Harowing said:

Practically, yes - although for Transmute it is random and takes time but yields more Mods for a single sacrifice.

Oh I read it again, that actually sounds really awesome and better then what I was thinking. Nice! I definitely hope this makes it in the game, it makes it less credit hungry, more targeted, and more enjoyable. It could also be a good option for stance mods with their infamous drop farming.