Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Front Flip To Slide Control Issues

tactical_surgeon

I have not changed my control layout yet after the updates adding then removing the slide cooldown has now seemed to break my game. 

I can no longer do a front flip and in mid air go to a slid stance unless I'm still holding my sprint key 

- I have tested by using toggle sprint instead of sprint / roll and hold to sprint and it woks 

so what's going on ? 

I've been playing since closed beta so I'm not just a nub at the controls 

The flip-to-kick thing was actually changed a hotfix or two ago when there was a fix to the issue of being locked into sprint. As far as I can tell the code change means if you're not holding sprint or have it toggled on, then you don't get sprint-type results, which the jump kick and slide are. The temporary workaround, as you noted, is to use toggle sprint, which is annoying if you're me and really prefer the hold sprint. As such I just don't do the move anymore, which makes me sad, but it's where the code is at the moment.

On the one hand it really puts a damper on how fast the low speed Frames can run through a level. On the other hand I always thought that being able to infinitely combo front flips and slides (and having your stamina never run out) was a bit strange and exploit-like.

On the one hand it really puts a damper on how fast the low speed Frames can run through a level. On the other hand I always thought that being able to infinitely combo front flips and slides (and having your stamina never run out) was a bit strange and exploit-like.

It pretty much was an exploit. The devs said they didn't like it.

Unless I'm misinterpreting or missed something, what they said was an exploit was waverunning, which is a completely different thing involving rapidly pressing the slide button. The flipping and sliding thing is actually still quite possible if you use the toggle sprint or just hold it down. It's also somewhat different in that it has a movement function beyond just running in a straight line faster.

This isn't new. This was put in with the slide cooldown.

Slide Cooldown was removed, you just have to be sprinting to perform this action now. It just uses stamina which it should. though perhaps a bit more, you should be able to do this, but not infinitely unless you are really good at managing stamina or use a stamina mod. At least that's my thought, but some skill into the management of these speed-moves.

As fluff just said "Waverunning" was an exploit and it was what the cooldown was intended to fix. This current verions fixes it imo in that it can still have our normal movement, but we can't exploit the system to hypermove.

I cannot consistently front-flip at all, and it's extremely annoying not being able to rely on this maneuver. I can get it to work maybe three times out of four when I try, and it's harder to execute under pressure, when it's needed most.

Something needs to be done about the detection/timing tolerances needed to execute it. I know I cannot be the only having issues making it work, as I almost never see anyone front flip in game. Toggle sprint didn't really help. Having to crouch a split second before hitting jump is the issue; even a tiny (apparently under 300ms) miscalculation is enough for it to not work.

Ideally, the detection should be as reliable for slide (though even slide is a bit finicky at times), which is fairly reliably executed and there should be the option to map it to a separate key, as you can now do with roll.

As it stands, I simply Super Jump instead of trying to bother with it.

• 3 weeks later...

And here I was thinking I was playing this game to be an awesome cyber-ninja-guyver-suit. I didn't know flipping was against the rules. I always figured that ninja games have flipping in them... what happened to my ABF? What happens if I want to Always Be Flipping? It's no different to always sliding everywere, like almost every player I play with does. If you added a stamina use for the front flip it would balance into the game fine and even be more balanced then sliding everywere. All the limit on front flipping did is take out a move that looked cool and fit the game and make everyone slide everywere instead. Whats next, no sliding twice in a minute? 

I have no problems, though I did rebind my slide key to Alt a long time ago, so that I could press the key combo more easily - I find it insane to bind crouch to C in any game. That said, I am usually holding shift all the time unless I'm shooting something.