Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fallout 4] My first time playing the franchise

Ibro156

Firstly, I want to say I've never played any Fallout game, so Fallout 4 was my first one ever. I bought on Eid (about 4 days back) disc version of PS4 for £28. I've played it for couple of days, and honestly I did not enjoy at all. Half the time was googling on what to do or how to do this. Like even first few minutes beginning of the game I had to going into settings and learn the controller from their. Which I found kinda bad, I've never played Bethesda's Fallout, I would have though they would at least explain the basic controls at most. To be fair it showed me how to navigate through that mini computer.

Even then the story isn't that compelling. Its simple and kinda boring. Samething as I've always seen. Another world war happen, the World goes into a sh1tty state and I have to survive in it. I've played game's like Witcher which I have never touch, but I was stupid enough of playing Witcher 3 because my friend said its pretty good and its worth my money. Witcher manged to explain on what's going on, showed me the controls and guided me when I need it the most. And guess what? I actually enjoyed the Witcher, but what annoys me is that Fallout isn't noob friendly at all. The story isn't interesting in the beginning; in fact I was slugging right through in hopes it would start to pick up but it doesn't at all.

Then there is the gameplay. I know this game trying to be different from other shooters, which is commendable but I didn't really like it. This wasn't for me, I just simply didn't like how it felt. I would try to trade in the game but it not worth it. I would only get about £8 back. I'll just keep it for "collection", and one day I might try it again.

For those who've played this game. What do think of it? Am curious, I don't really understand why this game is so popular?

Edited by Ibro156

1 hour ago, Ibro156 said:

Firstly, I want to say I've never played any Fallout game, so Fallout 4 was my first one ever. I bought on Eid (about 4 days back) disc version of PS4 for £28. I've played it for couple of days, and honestly I did not enjoy at all. Half the time was googling on what to do or how to do this. Like even first few minutes beginning of the game I had to going into settings and learn the controller from their. Which I found kinda bad, I've never played Bethesda's Fallout, I would have though they would at least explain the basic controls at most. To be fair it showed me how to navigate through that mini computer.

Even then the story isn't that compelling. Its simple and kinda boring. Samething as I've always seen. Another world war happen, the World goes into a sh1tty state and I have to survive in it. I've played game's like Witcher which I have never touch, but I was stupid enough of playing Witcher 3 because my friend said its pretty good and its worth my money. Witcher manged to explain on what's going on, showed me the controls and guided me when I need it the most. And guess what? I actually enjoyed the Witcher, but what annoys me is that Fallout isn't noob friendly at all. The story isn't interesting in the beginning; in fact I was slugging right through in hopes it would start to pick up but it doesn't at all.

Then there is the gameplay. I know this game trying to be different from other shooters, which is commendable but I didn't really like it. This was me, I just simply didn't like how it felt. I would try to trade in the game but it not worth it. I would only get about £8 back. I'll just keep it for "collection", and one day I might try it again.

For those who've played this game. What do think of it? Am curious, I don't really understand why this game is so popular?

Adventure.   replay ability, now modable to both pc and console. the gigaton, well more like several.....zetabytes? of mods in total  if you add all the data for mod for all of Bethesda games.  Also the humor. 

2 hours ago, Ibro156 said:

why this game is so popular?

It's got some elements of The Sims and Minecraft thrown in, plus you can wander around shooting stuff. I can't think of any other reasons to enjoy it, really. Certainly not for the story or the "roleplaying" (ugh).  It's a shame it's your first introduction to the Fallout franchise, since it shares absolutely nothing with the originals other than art and background.

I really wanted to like it, but it's just utter rubbish.

Edited by SaurusRex
NO SWEARS

I started playing just a week ago. I think its an okay game. I have to agree with comparing it to minecraft as far as building and consuming food/resources. Already gotten far as diamond city and about to finish and get a conclusion.

Story wise its weak. The developers didn't really establish a good emotional connection with you and your infant son and you're supposed to go looking for him. Same goes for your spouse, I felt detached even when he was murdered in front of me, I just felt meh, better him than me. Starting the game I was more excited planting melons and make soup than look for Shawn. It would be better if they made your son a toddler and shown cut scenes of playtime and lots of hugging, that would have established the character better. Same would work for your spouse. I do loved the retro oldie feel.

Shooting and melee felt okay. Nothing fantastic. Facing the Deathclaw or other creatures wasn't scary either and did not give me any sense of urgency or danger. I don't know if I'll be interested in playing though it again. This will be another trade-in. 

http://i.imgur.com/FhSoUXP.jpg