Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

about my warframe music tributes

Deshiel

Some of you might know that I sometimes spam the forums with my lame music that I present to you as warframe tributes. 

Recently I got a pile of comments that some of my tracks are not realy warframe-ish at all. This didn't concern me as much as it should have in the beginning but now I know that this actualy prevents some of you from enjoying the stuff I did, so I decided to explain my work here a bit. (fully aknowledging that probably only a few of you will read/rember this, but I realy just want to talk about it regardless of how far this information travels)

So now instead of listing the stuff that my tracks are not, let me explain what the tracks realy are and then you can help me to figure out how to properly adress/brand the tracks I made, from tributes to something else, so that we can avoid any further confusion.

The goal of the tracks

Is to spice up the grind. My tracks are not following, covering or ripping off what Keith Power did (the guy who created the game music)

You guys sometimes turn off the ingame music, use your music program of choice and listen to your favorite band while slashing throught the waves of infested because you want the experience to be alittle more intense or simply more to your liking. I do the same thing, but since I happen to posses some music making skills. I prefer to make my own music instead of just picking up something from the audio libraries.

So yeah. My warframe tributes were never meant to copy or simulate the established style and setting by Keith Power and the Digital Extremes sound team.

But they were all still made for the purpose of being played while grinding in Warframe. 

So how should I call them?

Spoiler