Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shade's Invisibility Fix

Geeebs

The problem with Shade's Ghost ability is that it is only active when the actual sentinel is pointing towards enemies, meaning the only direction you can move if you want to keep it active is towards the enemy. Not helpful at all. (See this page from the wiki if you don't understand http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Shade_Sentinel)

What I propose is to have Shade be able to detect enemies in a 360 radius, not just in front of where it is pointing, which will make this almost useless ability actually useful.

Edit: Another possible solution would be to have the cloak activate when an enemy is in an area around the crosshair, so where you are looking, not where your Sentinel or your warframe's head is pointing.

Edited by G33bs

I also think shade should be directy behind the tennos back/neck and it should be smaller, else it doesn't hide at all if you're crouching

and it should detect any enemies ina 360° radius not only visible ones

Wat? I've went through a large distance hopping from enemy to enemy, keeping the stealth on as long as at least one enemy is in the radius. Didn't notice that shade actually has to look at an enemy for it to trigger.

EDIT: If you meant line of sight, yes Shade needs see that an enemy is in the activation radius. The sight radius is 360, though. Not limited to just 'in front'.

Edited by Shion963

Wat? I've went through a large distance hopping from enemy to enemy, keeping the stealth on as long as at least one enemy is in the radius. Didn't notice that shade actually has to look at an enemy for it to trigger.

EDIT: If you meant line of sight, yes Shade needs see that an enemy is in the activation radius. The sight radius is 360, though. Not limited to just 'in front'.

Look at the wiki page I included in my post: http://warframe.wiki.../Shade_Sentinel

Experience tells me otherwise.

EDIT: I'm facing the wall, so is the Shade.

Tcr80G9.jpg

Enemies are in the radius, check.

Enemies are in Shade's 360 degrees 'sight' radius, check.

We're cloaked.

Yeah, sometimes this works, but in my experience I have been cloaked looking at enemies, then turned around and instantly de-cloaked. It seems rather inconsistent.

i agree with Shion963. the cloak activates without the shade actually having to look at the enemy... ive even had times where it activates when im hiding behind the pillar. i do also agree with the op in that the cloaking is also inconsistent and only lasts from 2-4 seconds..... not always that helpful, especially if youre planning to go stealth throughout a big room full of enemies. it also has a small cooldown per-use.

No, Shade doesn't need to be looking at the enemy. The problem is that Cloak has a radius a little bit small if it's not maxed. And also, Cloak is not the awesome skill as used to be (they fixed a little bug... Where You would still cloaked if you stealth killed an enemy while closed to another...) I think Cloak shouldn't have a huge cooldown and could be switched on everytime you were close to enemies. You would still get out of cloak but would quickly back, like a blink when you kill the enemy

No, Shade doesn't need to be looking at the enemy. The problem is that Cloak has a radius a little bit small if it's not maxed. And also, Cloak is not the awesome skill as used to be (they fixed a little bug... Where You would still cloaked if you stealth killed an enemy while closed to another...) I think Cloak shouldn't have a huge cooldown and could be switched on everytime you were close to enemies. You would still get out of cloak but would quickly back, like a blink when you kill the enemy

Yes, Ghost has a very small activation radius unupgraded. IIRC I had to be almost right beside an enemy for it to trigger at Rank 0, and it's about 3~5m at max rank.

Ah got it now, sorry for this waste of time post. I just misunderstood the wiki, this being backed up by some inconsistencies with its activation ingame. Thanks for clearing this up for me.