Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't join games

ServareVitas

Question

Hello I have an issue where I can neither join nor host public games. I can also never join local/lan games with my brother (in the same house) but I can host over Local/lan. I've been unable to play online for about 9 months and left the game because of it. Upon returning I had another crack at trying to join games. I noticed it now allows me to play with my brother over local/lan if I host but I still cannot join online or local games. It drives me nuts. In options I've tried:-

- Different port combinations

- Every ping range from 50 to no limit. 

- Every region range. 

- Tried with anti-virus on and off (including different anti-viruses)

- Checked my firewall settings. 

- Checked I have a stable connection (I do and strong)

- Turned gamebooster on and off. 

In addition to this every loading screen follows the same pattern. It will freeze for between 10-30 seconds, then the bar will load rather quickly and will *always* go to exactly 3/4 of the way then I'll get the message that I cannot connect to the host. 

Edited by ServareVitas

5 answers to this question

Guest GorgonTheHeroine

I'll admit, I never heard of such a connection problem and it's a shame it has affected you for this amount of time.

It's not the fastest method ( a week ), but I would suggest contacting support about this issue. 

Good luck.

7 hours ago, EveningShade said:

Having the same issue. It's become more prominent after this latest update. It happens about every time I try to join a match. Becoming VERY frustrated.

It is indeed very annoying. My brother and I use the exact same settings yet only I can't join online games. The only difference is that I game on a laptop but I've been running warframe on this machine for almost 4 years now. 

15 hours ago, ServareVitas said:

It is indeed very annoying. My brother and I use the exact same settings yet only I can't join online games. The only difference is that I game on a laptop but I've been running warframe on this machine for almost 4 years now. 

I think it's my graphics card. I turned off DirectX 10& 11 and can now join public matches again.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212890418-What-should-I-do-if-my-game-keeps-crashing-

This helped. I wasn't crashing but it fixed the problem...for now.