Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Me Or Is Wyrm Not Viable At All..?

SlimShazbot

I'll admit, I'm sorta new to the game so I haven't had any experience in sentinels- but lately I've been looking into building one. I've done some research and I was initially interested in Wyrm, being my favorite looking sentinel it caught my eye, and its radial stun caught my attention.

Then I find out its radial stun is bugged and doesn't work properly. And the times it did it was near worthless. Also, while being described as a "highly offensive Sentinel." its dispersion ability pales in comparison to Dethcube's vaporise, and its gun is also a significant downgrade. It just seems like if you're looking for an offensive Sentinel, there's no reason to choose Wyrm over Dethcube.

Now I could be wrong, and if I am please let me know- but as it stands I feel something needs to be done to make Wyrm a viable option when compared to Dethcube whether this means improving its abilities or changing its role.

Edited by SlimShazbot

I'd like to see the numbers of both Sentinel's weapon before assuming one is better than the other.

The Wyrm's accuracy at mid to long range seems far superior to the cube.

This is according to the wiki- so it could be wrong, but:

DethCube

DMG: 5

ROF: 8.3

ACC: 100

MAG: 100

Wyrm

DMG: 3

ROF: 6.7

ACC: 100

MAG: 32

Unless it plays out in a certain way in-game, its a solid upgrade in all aspects except for having equal accuracy. So having a better weapon on top of a more useful ability that isn't bugged it seems like Dethcube is the only viable choice.

Edited by SlimShazbot

Dethcube is flatly better.  Wyrm might have more health or something, but even if it does, so what?  if you're not stupid and mod it, it'll survive high-level missions just fine.

Crowd Dispersion has the potential to be fantastic, but it just doesn't work at the moment.  After it gets fixed and sentinel weapons go on sale in the shop, the Wyrm should be decent.

Dethcube is flatly better.  Wyrm might have more health or something, but even if it does, so what?  if you're not stupid and mod it, it'll survive high-level missions just fine.

Crowd Dispersion has the potential to be fantastic, but it just doesn't work at the moment.  After it gets fixed and sentinel weapons go on sale in the shop, the Wyrm should be decent.

So far it's only good at inflicting elemental damage to help you kill stuff by yourself with more ease. Like inflicting freeze damage that will reduce the speed of your enemies, electrical damage that can stun corpus crewmans and MOAS or even halt the movement of an infested with fire damage.

It did help me often, like once there was this shockwave moa that was about to stomp on the ground, my wyrm just started shooting it and it interrupted his attack because of the electrical damage. But otherwise it's not often very useful.

Edited by 0Frank0

Dispersion works, when I've actually been free to look for its effects.  It does probably ~50 damage, and stuns enemies for half a second where they won't attack or display anything other than idle animations.  This is with a maxed module card.

In short, it's just terrible.

Wyrm needs help, it's suppose to be the OFFENSIVE Sentinel but it can't even do that right, it simply pecks at enemies here and there and that's it. They need to increase Wyrms laser to do more damage to compensate for it not firing as long as Dethcube.

Dethcube does more and Wyrms job and much, much more.

From what it sounds like, wyrm's bugs need stomped and then the range needs to match that of the dethcube.

I think it should also fire a shotgun. Its rifle sorta already fires in a shotgun burst, so imagine if it actually fired a shotgun laser a bunch of times. That'd be epic.

Wyrm needs help, it's suppose to be the OFFENSIVE Sentinel but it can't even do that right, it simply pecks at enemies here and there and that's it. They need to increase Wyrms laser to do more damage to compensate for it not firing as long as Dethcube.

Dethcube does more and Wyrms job and much, much more.

With how Crowd Dispersion is supposed to work, it makes more sense for it to be a defensive Sentinel. However, how is it still bugged, when its been in the game this long?