Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relations between Halo and Warframe

NGSBRReAPeR

Ok, so first of all, I'm not saying Warframe is bad for these similarities. Hell, you can't even compare Warframe to Halo (Apart from the Lore relations which I'm about to say) because of how vastly different one is from another.

Here I go:

PATIENT ZERO SPOILER BELLOW

Spoiler

In Halo, The Primordial saw the Flood as a way to "unite" the universe into one species...In Warframe, Mutalist Alad V tried using the infestation (By the way, I will not claim the infestation are related to the flood, anyone can come up with a parasite that overtakes their victim) to "bring everyone together"

JORDAS VERDICT SPOILER BELLOW

Spoiler

In Halo, Mendicant Bias was an AI in control of a large Forerunner Fleet (Not large, more like disgustingly massive, aka 500 MILLION ships) and was "infected" by the Logic Plague and persuaded by The Primordial to join the flood. He was then defeated by Offensive Bias, whom had a small arsenal, but used tactics, to defeat Mendicant Bias...In Warframe, Jordas (As far as I can tell) was in control of a large fleet (If not all of Eris' fleet) of Corpus ships and was infected by infestation. He was then defeated by Ordis who only had 1 Tenno to defeat him.

In Halo, the Forerunners had technollogy far more superior than any other technollogy...In Warframe, the Orokin had technollogy far more superior than any other technollogy

Both advanced civilizations were wiped from existence (Through their own technollogy)

Cryosleep (This is a joke, do not take this seriously)

That being said, the infestation has no real gravemind, and (Unless Lephantis is one) neither does the infestation have a pure (Unless Lephantis is one aswell) form (Like the Flood Crawlers, Tanks and Spikers) unlike the flood

If any of you see other similarities or I've done a mistake/misinterpreted some lore, feel free to share them/please correct me 

Again, I am not saying Warframe is bad, I love the game and it is my most played game in my Steam Library, I just wanted to point out the similarities I saw in the Lore

6 hours ago, NGSBRReAPeR said:

The Primordial saw the Flood as a way to "unite" the universe into one species

I don't know where you're getting your lore from, the Flood was contingency plan put in place by the Precursors that went horribly wrong.

4 hours ago, NGSBRReAPeR said:

That will happen on the day DE sells warframe to 343i :P

This, however, I wish I could upvote more than just once, because it's exactly what I was going to say, and completely, 100%, irrefutably true.

27 minutes ago, djentlemenBehold said:

You can also argue that Halo's concepts come from even older tropes. Neither series are original, they all borrow from something that came long before them. Concepts are just dressed and presented differently to freshen things up.

Most of Halo is Marathon, and most of Marathon is borderline copyright infringement of Alien, Predator, and DOOM.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

This, however, I wish I could upvote more than just once, because it's exactly what I was going to say, and completely, 100%, irrefutably true.

Only half true, since the reason Halo 5's story wasn't very good was due to a forced script rewrite late in development. That's what I heard at least.

Edited by Spot.

6 minutes ago, Spot. said:

Only half true, since the reason Halo 5's story wasn't very good was due to a forced script rewrite late in development. That's what I heard at least.

Where did you hear that? The only rewrites I've heard of made the story better (if you could believe that) like the original 4th member of Osiris was that forgettable nobody Thorne, but they replaced him with Buck late in development. I believe the inclusion of the Arbiter was also a late addition. Either way, garbage writing is garbage writing, if your writers can't make a decent script, even with time restraints, it's time for some new writers.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Where did you hear that? The only rewrites I've heard of made the story better (if you could believe that) like the original 4th member of Osiris was that forgettable nobody Thorne, but they replaced him with Buck late in development. I believe the inclusion of the Arbiter was also a late addition. Either way, garbage writing is garbage writing, if your writers can't make a decent script, even with time restraints, it's time for some new writers.

I heard it from LateNightGaming's vids

You don't have to believe it, that's your choice, but I personally do.

Edited by Spot.

1 hour ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

I don't know where you're getting your lore from, the Flood was contingency plan put in place by the Precursors that went horribly wrong.

I don't know what exactly you mean by "Contingency Plat" but according to this (Which could be wrong, but I doubt it), some Precursors grounded themselves to dust that could be transformed on a later date for their survival. the dust later became corrupted and became the Flood. The Primordial One was also corrupted and saw the flood as a way to unify all species into one

3 hours ago, (PS4)Pinguin_ops said:

Jordas was just a ship cephalon and wasn't in control of anything else. 

Really? I didn't know that, mainly because having all of eris being infested made me think that Jordas was the one controlling the infested ships. guess I was wrong, though

Also the infestation doesn't need to control the main AI for all ships it acts like an Iron Man suit covering the host and controlling from the outside and inside. From what we see it can also grow its' own appendages, mouths, eyes, weapons etc.  

Edited by (PS4)Pinguin_ops