Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Reactors

Dessfar

These reactors have become almost essential, but they are incredibly hard to acquire without paying.  For people like me who don't even have credit cards to buy platinum with this is really unfair.  I missed the alert yesterday (gutted) and now I know I will have to wait for an extremely long time before a get another chance!  There needs to be a better way of acquiring this without paying.  In fact, this issue is my biggest complaint at the moment along with the sub-par stealth, but at least i know they will fix that.  

They're far from essential. If you want to pull your full potential, yes they might be essential. Note: might. Forma can still grant you the same effect and is "easier" to obtain(though yes they could compound together, it is literally impossible to spend 120 capacity).

There's also the rumor floating abound that they can rather rarely be attained from the void so /shrug

I think they are more than fair with the alerts for them, let alone the ability to get one for free is more than enough. If you don't have extra money for the Orokin Reactor, or Catalyst do you expect DE, a relativity small company to have the ability to give out premium items for free daily? Most F2P games don't give out items that normally cost money for free. THIS IS HOW F2P WORKS...............

Edited by dadgoat

I think they are more than fair with the alerts for them, let alone the ability to get one for free is more than enough.

I agree with this. Or would if, you know, they ever appeared in the random Alerts (3 weeks and counting, except for the ones that the Devs made and were therefore not random). I have bought a lot of them, and I am fine to buy more, but they should appear in Alerts.

I agree with this. Or would if, you know, they ever appeared in the random Alerts (3 weeks and counting, except for the ones that the Devs made and were therefore not random). I have bought a lot of them, and I am fine to buy more, but they should appear in Alerts.

Might be interested in this guys thread then.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/57437-attention-dethe-biggest-nerf-of-u8-everyone-missed-orokin-reactorscatalyst-alerts/

Nah, giving those things away is a gift and I don't think they should be given away free unless it's through BP anyway. If you don't have them you need a team, if you do you have them you don't need a team most of the time and some people without potatoes don't even need a team. They are premium content at the end of the day and I think the effect they have shows that essentially doubling the space to play with. 

The fact you get any free is in my eyes a massive surprise and anyone that complains doesn't know how good they have it.

You dont even need them to be true... Back when I started, we didnt even had 4th skills if our frame was uncharged. So no, its not essential.

And its also not unfair. You are playing an F2P game. This is not the euphemism for "Get everything for nothing and/or without any disadvantage"

You either have the money to get them the easy way, or you have the patience that is required to play F2P games.

THIS IS HOW F2P WORKS...............

Is it? There are other F2P models. In Path of Exile for example you can only pay for incredible cosmetic augmentations or your very own unique item; still the game seems to work quite well (plus they have dedicated server infrastructure).

Well originally random alerts gave them more... The issue is likely tied into the rare table clogging that they touched on on the livestream. They're planning on putting wieghts on it so that every time something appears, everything else gets its weight increased to make it more likely that a duplicate will not show up.

Don't worry, you'll get them eventually. Or you can, y'know, use that starte 50 plat to buy two of them. So at least two things can have them right away (I'd suggest you potato your frame first and formost, since those can burn 60 mod points easy).