Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupted, my bane.

Guest GorgonTheHeroine

Question

Guest GorgonTheHeroine

Good evening.

I'm asking for suggestions in creating "balanced" weapons, for me to take into fissure missions. Ones that'll easily take on the common mobs of that tile set, as well as the Corrupted that spawn from the fissure.

I've always had trouble combatting the Corrupted. Once I crack through their shields, it takes me forever to burn them down. I don't know if it's due to high HP, armor, or what.

Thank you for your time and consideration. 

4 answers to this question

Most of the Corrupted enemies own High Armor and good HP and that makes them special. To kill Corrupted enemies quickly i recommend using weapons with Corrosive (Electricty + Toxin) to lower their Armor and Fire for more DPS. I also recommend taking weapons that give really good DPS. CC abilities can make them turn into a joke especially Blinding Abilities, Things like Excalibur's Radial Blind come into mind. Or you can use Invisibility Abilities or Finisher Abilities to open them for Finisher Attacks that deal big damage.

Various guns I use for fissure runs:

Sancti Tigris, Viral-heat or Slash-dual stat rainbow status build. 

Vaykor Hek, Crit Build

Soma Prime, Crit Build

Braton/Burston Prime, General Damage build with high slash or toxin damage

Prisma Gorgon, Gas damage build.

Twin Grakatas, Crit Build

Telos Boltor, Still testing, but can put out a lot of hurt per bullet, upwards of 1k with the right mods.

If you don't mind everyone, including me, hating you:

Synoid Simulor/Tonkor. 

47 minutes ago, DownTheSpine said:

I've always had trouble combatting the Corrupted. Once I crack through their shields, it takes me forever to burn them down. I don't know if it's due to high HP, armor, or what.

One thing to remember about the Corrupted is that you're not fighting one faction.  You're fighting three.  There's no 'universal' way to have elemental advantage on every unit that they field, unlike the Corpus and Grineer.  The only 'original' unit that the Corrupted field are Orokin Drones, who have trivial HP and shields and no armor.

The trick then is to leverage two things - crits, and procs.

Crits - More damage is more damage.  Most Corrupted have easily-identified weak spots, if you're familiar with their non-Corrupted counterparts.  Crit-focused weapons and good aim can destroy a lot of the enemies that the Corrupted field against you.  Lex Prime, Vaykor Marelok, Vaykor Hek, Dex Sybaris.

Slash Proc: Useful mainly for its ability to bypass shields of Corpus Corrupted.  The damage type itself deals bonus damage to Grineer, Corpus (except Corrupted MOA), and Ancients, but the damage bonus against Bombards and Lancers is negated by the damage penalty against their armor.  Really good all-around though.

Impact Proc: Crowd control, and of the crowd-control damage types, probably the most feeble crowd control available.  Both Grineer and Corpus fleshies resist it, but Corrupted MOA don't.  Most notably, it is great for bringing down the shields of Corpus Corrupted, but once you're past their shields, Impact damage isn't going to do much.

Puncture Proc: Weakens enemy damage output.  Nice, but honestly not too effective.  I seldom really notice a difference, save maybe when fighting Bombards.  It's mainly useful against all forms of Grineer Corrupted and Corrupted MOAs once you strip the shields off them.  Shielded enemies resist it pretty heavily, but removing shields is pretty trivial.

Heat Proc: This straight DoT is probably the least valuable IMO, but there's a lot of enemies that don't take Heat damage well, including all Grineer Corrupted.  All other Corrupted enemies are Neutral to Heat damage.

Cold Proc: Crowd control is nice, and all Corpus Corrupted take extra damage from it.  Bombards and Lancers, as the only Corrupted enemies to sport Alloy armor, also take bonus damage from it.  Ancients resist it, however.

Electricity Proc: Again, crowd control is okay, but I can't really recommend the damage type.  Only Corrupted MOA take additional damage from it, and Lancers and Bombards resist it.

Toxin Proc: Useful for its ability to bypass the shields of Corpus Corrupted.  It deals additional damage to Corrupted Heavy Gunners.  Ancients resist it, though.  Two out of three ain't bad, and the ability to ignore shields with impunity is definitely noteworthy.  Could do a lot worse, and IMO this is the most useful of the pure elements.

Blast Proc: Again, it's crowd control, similar to Impact but in an AOE.  Only Ancients take bonus damage from it, and Heavy Gunners resist it.  It also disintegrates victims - do not bring a Blast weapon if you're running with a Nekros ally.  Disintegrating his corpses will make him hate you.

Magnetic Proc: Eh.  It reduces the maximum shields of the victim by 75% for four seconds, which is the only thing it's actually good at damaging.  It's essentially Cold, but without the nice bonus against Alloy-armored enemies.  In fact, Lancers and Bombards resist it.  Can't recommend this one at all.

Radiation Proc: Confusion's great because not only are they not shooting at you, they're shooting at one another.  Enemy infighting typically won't kill enemies, but it's great for softening them up and keeping them off you.  Lancers and Bombards are heavily ruined by this damage type, but shielded enemies and especially Ancients resist it heavily.

Corrosive Proc: Absolutely vital for taking down ultra-high level Grineer Corrupted, its ability to permanently lower the armor of a victim by 25% with every proc can quickly reduce Grineer Corrupted into weak and vulnerable piles of Cloned Flesh that are easy to tear apart.  Sadly, it only does bonus damage against Corrupted Heavy Gunners and Ancients.  Still though, Ancients are a huge problem and getting rid of them quickly helps a lot.

Gas Proc: Well, this is essentially Toxin's proc, but in an AOE.  I can't recommend the damage type itself - all Grineer and Corpus Corrupted (with the exception of Corrupted MOA) resist it, and it has no bonuses against anything.

Viral Proc: Useful against basically everything.  There's no enemy that's not made easier by cutting its health in half for six seconds, so long as you can kill it in that six-second window.  Better still, no Corrupted enemy resists it, and it deals bonus damage to both Grineer and Corpus corrupted.  You could do a lot worse!

Many elemental damage types are mutually exclusive.  You can't, for instance, have two hybrid damage types that use Toxin as one of their components.

Overall, I highly recommend either Viral+Heat or Viral+Rad for most Corrupted.  Viral+Heat deals the most unmitigated damage, while Viral+Rad provides you with the Viral Proc to significantly reduce enemy health and the Rad proc to keep them occupied with each other instead of you.  It also ruins Bombards, which are among the most dangerous Corrupted to exist.  I run Viral+Heat or Viral+Rad on most weapons that have middling-high status chance - you don't necessarily need a fast weapon if it's hard-hitting, thanks to Viral's ability to cut enemy health in half.

Corrosive+Blast can also work.  Stripping armor off Grineer reduces them down to their Cloned Flesh or Flesh health, significantly reducing the amount of firepower you need to kill them, and Blast forces them to the ground so they can't shoot at you.  You need a very high proc and fire rate, as well as sustained damage output to make this work, however.  The Braton Prime is an ideal weapon for this loadout, due to its high proc rate and fire rate.  It also deals primarily slash damage by default which is useful against all forms of Corrupted - even the Grineer, once you proc off their armor.

Edited by Arkvold

They're resisting your damage with armor values. So far I haven't seen any fissures over lv45 so I wouldn't worry about procs. Straight damage or crit damage should be ideal for fissures. Your biggest threats are Bombards, Heavy Gunners and Nullifiers. Bombards are alloy, Heavy Gunners are ferrite and Nullifiers are made of paper but you have to deal with the bubble.

Pick Radiation+Toxic or Corrosive+Cold for the armor types, just based on what's convenient. If you're using Ice Storm go for Corrosive+Cold. If you're using Primed Heated Charge or Blaze go for Radiaton+Toxic. If you're trying to stay outside of the nullifier bubbles then use a burst fire weapon or automatic to shrink it and remember that shrink speed on the bubble is capped. You should only be using about 9 bullets from your mag to bring down a bubble not dumping the whole thing. Have patience and let it shrink. If you're standing close to the fissure and being inside bubbles it doesn't matter obviously.

A puncture heavy base damage weapon is ideal, but don't give up too much damage overall. Three 90%'ers makes your elemental damage 270% of base and they typically get bigger bonuses than impact, puncture or slash so a higher damage weapon wins out over a puncture weapon with less damage.

Edited by VKhaun