Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing minimap is not helpful with the new system.

SicSlaver

I'm amazed this wasn't considered for change now that up and down has no relative meaning and there's no button to quickly snap back to a "normal" orientation like they showed in the devstream where they attached it to the melee function for some reason. Although, having to reorient yourself to understand the minimap kind of beats the point of the rework. We need a new navigational and map system for Archwing.

After a few solo runs, I agree. We need one of them fancy maps like they got in Star Conflict, where it's a horizonal plane based on your ship (in this case, Archwing) and then dots are dragged up and down on guidelines off that horizontal. WAAAY too easy to get lost chasing after white dots for loot like it used to be.

Edited by GratuitousLurking

On 18/07/2016 at 4:27 PM, LightstealKnight said:

They mentioned that they were working on a 3d solution to this.

The minimap will change to produce a flat map depending on which direction is currently "down".

Okay. I wonder why they got rid of the horizontal lines and changed the cross hair design. The horizontal lines could have been used as an indicator as to how off you are from the normal orientation.