Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hull Breach - Where Did Everyone Not Go?

Moloko_b

Not sure if this has been covered but whenever there's a hull breach, I understand the alert and the escaping of atmosphere into space but no one is actually sucked out into space? I was thinking it would be a cool tactic to actually clear a room using this method and maybe add a game mechanic for players/NPCs to get a chance to hold on to scenery to avoid this? Like pressing E to hold on to something with a countdown timer for how long you can hold on for?

Also, sortta on the same subject, you are fighting in an outpost, on planets with hazardous atmospheres and there is a "Hull/Room breach" maybe have Tenno like take health damage instead of shield damage? Again, not sure if this has been covered but any feedback on these ideas is most welcome. 

Many thanks for your time :)

~bows~

I would think too, that a hull breach would not require you to "hack" a terminal, seems like this would be an emergency system that would be immediatly accessible.

This moves the minigame out of the terminal, and the change like you suggest is more about just making it to the terminal with conditions having dramatically changed.

Edited by Enot83

Not sure if this has been covered but whenever there's a hull breach, I understand the alert and the escaping of atmosphere into space but no one is actually sucked out into space?

that's mostly due to what I can assume is that artificial gravity on the ships is advanced enough that it is one to one with earth's gravity around sea level so theoretically nothing (including the air) should escape into space. Though this is a game so I wouldn't be surprised if the devs said that it's time to travel through space.

that's mostly due to what I can assume is that artificial gravity on the ships is advanced enough that it is one to one with earth's gravity around sea level so theoretically nothing (including the air) should escape into space. Though this is a game so I wouldn't be surprised if the devs said that it's time to travel through space.

Though that doesn't really explain why we take damage from shields and then health when it opens.

I wouldn't mind if the gravity shifted for that room(s) so that down is towards the windows or we're just kinda pulled towards it like Vortex.

And I'm not totally sure but you might be able to already kill enemies by blowing out a window if you're in a side room. I know the door closes, and I know enemies take damage, but I can't recall if you take damage when you're in those tiny rooms or not. Though i suppose if your shields and health are high enough you could just walk through a stage with a window blown the whole time(a pair of mags using their polarize on each other with sentinels that have guardian for example). Would make for a hell of a calling card man lol

I understand the alert and the escaping of atmosphere into space but no one is actually sucked out into space? I was thinking it would be a cool tactic to actually clear a room using this method and maybe add a game mechanic for players/NPCs to get a chance to hold on to scenery to avoid this? Like pressing E to hold on to something with a countdown timer for how long you can hold on for?

No sir, I dont like the automatic taking health damage... we're in space suits for one. But to the whole idea of being sucked out, yes I like. However I figure the reason we dont is like what this guys says.

Maybe they all have magnetic space boots?

Well, Mag probably does at least. But this would also explain the wall running mechanism in the game. Either that or suction cup feet. :)

If a player got sucked out into space, how would you propose they get back into the ship, seeing as space is a void and you keep your current trajectory??  I like the idea of this realism, but it doesn't serve the gameplay.  Some suspension of disbelief is required for all sci-fi.  I mean lightsabres?  Pulse laser rifles?  None of this is real or could ever be achieved with current understanding of physics.  Adding real life physics to space games is risky...

Edited by FriedAlbacore

If a player got sucked out into space, how would you propose they get back into the ship, seeing as space is a void and you keep your current trajectory??

Honestly, Id assume you die and need to spend a revive :p

If a player got sucked out into space, how would you propose they get back into the ship, seeing as space is a void and you keep your current trajectory??  I like the idea of this realism, but it doesn't serve the gameplay.  Some suspension of disbelief is required for all sci-fi.  I mean lightsabres?  Pulse laser rifles?  None of this is real or could ever be achieved with current understanding of physics.  Adding real life physics to space games is risky...

You can jump out the window right now. Seriously. Go try it and see what happens.

It's not like a definitive answer came up, but yes this was addressed very recently.  As in, it's probably on the second page.  As for why you aren't sucked out into space, I would bet on the fact that gravity or whatever is holding you on the floor.  Remember a decompression event does suck you out, the lack of oxygen or anything else in space allows all the atmosphere on a ship or station to rush out to try and fill that emptiness.  All the air blowing passed you might push you some, but it is still just wind basically.

To get enough force from the pressurized atmosphere of the ship, it would roughly have to be stronger then some tornados, to get that much force from the evacuation of the air, the pressure would be high enough to crush anything on the ship.

Basically because we can walk on the ships, we can't be pushed out by the escaping atmosphere during a decompression.

Maybe they all have magnetic space boots?

I see where you're coming from with this but I can't see all the Infested wearing mag boots? I also understand were you're coming from with the suction cup feet, Unmog ;)

To get enough force from the pressurized atmosphere of the ship, it would roughly have to be stronger then some tornados, to get that much force from the evacuation of the air, the pressure would be high enough to crush anything on the ship.

Basically because we can walk on the ships, we can't be pushed out by the escaping atmosphere during a decompression.

Many thanks for all your feedback, people.  I guess just have to stick to clearing rooms the old fashion way :p

Their ankles would break

Because we all know, jumping from 40 feet up and landing in a crouch wouldn't break your ankles.

Also, on the topic of why you take damage: there has to be some risk. Yeah, it's minimal, but it's still something. It's incentive to make you want to blow out the windows from a distance, as in, not from inside the same room. I feel like it should be bumped up, do a percentage of damage per tick, not a set amount. So like, 5% of your total shields and health per tick, or even 10%

Edited by theammostore