Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seismic Palm

MacabreHaze

Question

I've recently found the beauty of this stance. Particularly the combo that uses the block button, Erupting Vulcan. But I've got a few issues with getting it to work properly. Particularly when I start getting into 80+ enemies, it doesn't do enough damage anymore to finish off some of the heavier units. And frankly, thats what I want it to do, as it combos well with Inaros, giving me a nother way to get my heal beyond the dust abiltiy or devour, which don't work in Arena. 

I've started also noticing problems with elementals as they cause enemies to go into animations that prevent me from getting the combo going, like the "Ah Ah! I'm On fire!" animation. Really slows me down when I have to rely on the normal punches instead of the finisher I crave and need. 

Currently right now, in the arena matches, I regularly get around 13-15 of the kills needed, without dieing, (Or the full 25 kills when I'm solo. Again, usually without dieing)  

I'm looking for ways to improve my Finisher while not making it so that I'm doing so much damage with normal punches I can't get to the finisher. Of the Executioners I do have an issue with the go who has the rocket launcher as he does not seem to be able to have the combo finisher applied to him. In the third map, I tend to have problems with ones that are not the sniper, as they need multiple finishers to kill them, Even while using channeling during the finisher 

I've got Pressure Point, Organ Shatter, True Steel, Focus Energy, Killing Blow, Finishing Touch, Fury and Rending strike at the moment. 

8 answers to this question

Yeah, you seem to have left out exactly what weapon you're using. That's a pretty vital piece of information, btw. However, I can only assume the Tekko because it's the best fist weapon. 

In the case of the Tekko, take off Rending Strike and put on Jagged Edge. Just increases your slash by a bit more. Alternatively, you could put on True Punishment and Blood Rush in place of Rending Strike and Focus Energy. What that does is increase your crit chance by another 40% while channeling, and throw it into red crits after just a few hits(not kidding). With Inaros, channeling should never be an issue if you have Rage on him (and it's silly not to). Just those two mods throw your DPS a lot higher than it would be normally. 

If it's a different fist weapon, I dunno. Haven't really used other ones.

Yeah Tekko. The other fists don't really compare to Tekko's ability. 

And actually I still have issues with channeling even as Inarous, with rage. and energy Siphon. But If I increase the damage I do, It should clear up some of the issues there. (As these issues do not appear with other weapons. Like my Sword/Whip) I also don't tend to take a lot of damage when I'm snapping grineer necks. 

13 hours ago, MacabreHaze said:

I've recently found the beauty of this stance. Particularly the combo that uses the block button, Erupting Vulcan. But I've got a few issues with getting it to work properly. Particularly when I start getting into 80+ enemies, it doesn't do enough damage anymore to finish off some of the heavier units. And frankly, thats what I want it to do, as it combos well with Inaros, giving me a nother way to get my heal beyond the dust abiltiy or devour, which don't work in Arena. 

I've started also noticing problems with elementals as they cause enemies to go into animations that prevent me from getting the combo going, like the "Ah Ah! I'm On fire!" animation. Really slows me down when I have to rely on the normal punches instead of the finisher I crave and need. 

Currently right now, in the arena matches, I regularly get around 13-15 of the kills needed, without dieing, (Or the full 25 kills when I'm solo. Again, usually without dieing)  

I'm looking for ways to improve my Finisher while not making it so that I'm doing so much damage with normal punches I can't get to the finisher. Of the Executioners I do have an issue with the go who has the rocket launcher as he does not seem to be able to have the combo finisher applied to him. In the third map, I tend to have problems with ones that are not the sniper, as they need multiple finishers to kill them, Even while using channeling during the finisher 

I've got Pressure Point, Organ Shatter, True Steel, Focus Energy, Killing Blow, Finishing Touch, Fury and Rending strike at the moment. 

Not Really a big Fan of Fist Weapons due to their poor attack animations, Clunky Stance Combos, and Limited Range. As for the problem with taking down higher Tier enemies, Might i suggest Not using a Fist Weapon at All since they're Terrible at high levels, main reasons being the 3 i just mentioned.

Assuming you're using the Tekko, since you mentioned using Rending Strike, Benefits greatly from finishers as slash Finishers ignores enemy's Armor completely. 

As For your Build overall, channeling is never the way to go. Consider the fact that Channeling has terrible Multipliers, Every fist Weapon in the game is a Crit Weapon with an over all better critical Multiplier than channeling, and only 2 Weapons will truly benefit from Channeling builds(Furax Wraith & Fragor prime). Remove Focus Energy and Killing Blow and replace them with an Element, another Reason why your Weapons are Lacking in Damage. Though Focus energy has electricity, Electric procs have no Damage bonuses against every Faction, are only good for quick stuns, and does poorly as a Damage type by itself.  

16 hours ago, Cruelitas said:

no offense but why using First Weapon? i like em too because of the style but if you want to be truely a killer with inaros and finishers use a Dagger.

Do daggers have a combo that end in a finisher? Because Fists do. That is why I use fists. Fists also have a 60% dmg block, when added with the reset of my armor and HP makes it even harder to kill me. 

Daggers really only get powerful like that if your spamming the dissection ability to be able to get their finisher, which in the Arena won't work. The dudes there are not able to be finished off like that. However they can be finished off by fists. 

here is a pretty crappy video, cause I haven't quite learned how to set up my capture stuff. The only time I died in all of it was the one time I couldn't get my finisher off with the fists (Particularly because the sniper started doing that damndable 'aah fire' animation) I can finish off the sniper in a single combo, most others in 2-3 combos. The hardest enemy I face because I can't seem to get the finisher on him is the executioner with a rocket launcher. 

Beyond these guys, I have little problem snapping grineer necks of other dudes, because there doesn't seem to be a normal map level I can reach right now that is higher than 85. 

6 hours ago, MacabreHaze said:

Do daggers have a combo that end in a finisher? Because Fists do. That is why I use fists. Fists also have a 60% dmg block, when added with the reset of my armor and HP makes it even harder to kill me. 

Daggers really only get powerful like that if your spamming the dissection ability to be able to get their finisher, which in the Arena won't work. The dudes there are not able to be finished off like that. However they can be finished off by fists.

Ahh here we go, totaly missed the point that you wanted it to work in Rathumm/Arena.

Well i tried around my self for a while and allthou serval melee weapons performed well in the point of Damage. Only the Ripkas with Malicious Raptor worked simlar to what you wanted and results where pretty solid 25 kills 0-1 death and only about 7 min to finish.

Well finally got bloodrush after farming moon spy multiple times and leveled it up as far as I can. I need more cores and dosh. What I've notice in Ratheum

Sniper - I can kill her in a single combo easily. This makes her my favorite to fight in all honesty. 

Everyone else -  Generally takes 2-3 combos to kill them off. However since I got blood rush I was able to kill vok off in a single combo as the finisher was a red crit

Rocket guy - I flipping hate this guy. He's the only one that the combo doesn't work on ever. Others do get stunned by the combo at times and for some reason never trigger a finisher, but this guy never gets stunned. It doesn't help he reduces most of my damage to almost nothing either. And for whatever reason he tends to appear every time I go to the arena as if to mock me.