Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jackal Is A Joke

BoompigXD

I would suggest

- Toning down his health

- Making that you need to cripple all 4 of his legs in order to be able to damage him

- Buffing Mine Osprey (srsly I don't know what the hell Corpus thinking when they designed and manufactured Mine Osprey)

Yes, Jackal is easy. For me. Now. When I'm Mastery Rank 7. And a lucky double critical from my snipetron can take half his HP bar in one shot.

First time my girlfriend and group got to Jackal, everyone died at least once until we even figured what to do and then took a long time with rank 15 weapons with rank 2 mods to bring him down.

Jackal could be more dangerous, yes, but don't just say the second boss in the game is too easy because you can kill it easily.

Heck, Jackal is still dangerous to me, it all depends on how often he spams that insta-death grenade of his and the host is super laggy, meaning the explosion goes off before the sound itself. Sometimes Jackal just up and does something like this:
and check that poor guy in the back, it's like being tied to an overzealous fat kid on a trampoline.

He's easy even to start with because he has a counter-strategy built into his arena, but is impossible (or near enough to) to achieve using melee, so running out of ammo/energy is a big deal. That combined with the way enemy targeting works in this game means that without the cover the only way to fight him would be to race his damage against yours to destroy his legs because if you can't break LoS he won't miss at all after a few seconds.

Basically, there is a trick to fighting this boss that can be performed with any suit and he will kill you instantly if you don't pull it off, taking away the counter-strategy is a terrible idea.