Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

@ Steve's Space Battles Idea On The Stream...

Kahruvel

Hey folks. In the Livestream the other day, Steve touched on something that has been close to my heart for a while. I'd absolutely love to see some space combat in Warframe. There was an old Half-Life 2 mod a while back called Eternal Silence, and the way Steve portrayed it was exactly how this mod worked.

Each method had its own pros and cons. An assault team in ES could go about a mission in three different ways:

∙ They could board the vessel outright with their whole squad and destroy the ship from the inside.

∙ They could split up into different fighter craft and destroy the ship from the outside.

∙ They could split their team into a boarding party and a support party, one team disabling turrets from the inside and the other team causing hull breaches, power loss, structural failures, engine failure, and other havoc from the outside.

Now imagine these each as different selectable mission types in Warframe. Do want.

Edited by Kahruvel

Even though I know that this is totally off the board as it would take far too many resources, I agree that it would be awesome to have.

UT2004 (or was it UT3?) had an assault map where you were tasked of disabling a ships turrets before you could enter and land inside of it. It made the whole mission come alive even though the "shoot the turrets" portion was a bit hokey in terms of control.

So yeah, it's a crazy idea with the resources they have today.. but with the PS4 release.. who knows? ;)

Really Ive been saying for awhile we need more SPACE in our space ninja game. Maybe something like Evochron Mercenary mixed in with it, able to fly space ships around from planet to planet, have space battles, customize our tenno ships some. And that game proved it can be done with very minimal system resources and is a tiny download.

But yes, I fully approve of space ships in warframe, at least let us fly fighter sized ones. Doesnt need to go all out like in X3 or Eve, but yes Id be willing to shell out more money if DE could confirm this was an idea actually in the realm of possibilities. Talk about a huge amount of extra content yea? Id be wanting to do missions solely just to fly tenno to their own base missions. Imagine defense waves where you have to kill lots of space monsters, IN SPACE.

Specifically though, since Evochron Mercenary is a small game made by one man, Im sure if DE approached him about it he might consider jumping on board with Warframe even... :)

Edited by unmog

Really Ive been saying for awhile we need more SPACE in our space ninja game. Maybe something like Evochron Mercenary mixed in with it, able to fly space ships around from planet to planet, have space battles, customize our tenno ships some. And that game proved it can be done with very minimal system resources and is a tiny download.

But yes, I fully approve of space ships in warframe, at least let us fly fighter sized ones. Doesnt need to go all out like in X3 or Eve, but yes Id be willing to shell out more money if DE could confirm this was an idea actually in the realm of possibilities. Talk about a huge amount of extra content yea? Id be wanting to do missions solely just to fly tenno to their own base missions. Imagine defense waves where you have to kill lots of space monsters, IN SPACE.

Specifically though, since Evochron Mercenary is a small game made by one man, Im sure if DE approached him about it he might consider jumping on board with Warframe even... :)

It would definitely be a distant future addition, and would require immense development time, but yes. The potential for more content and a new gameplay type would be phenomenal! I haven't seen much of Evochron Mercenary, but what I have seen is impressive.

It would definitely be a distant future addition, and would require immense development time, but yes. The potential for more content and a new gameplay type would be phenomenal! I haven't seen much of Evochron Mercenary, but what I have seen is impressive.

Ah you should definitely give it a try then, look up some youtube lets play videos maybe. The game itself is pretty cheap, and the download is insanely small, the system resources required to play it super tiny. If ONE GUY can do that, think of what a team of people in DE could do :) But yes, make it happen! I want some space defense missions! Defend the cargo ship, warning, we got a heavy fighter incoming. Locking on missiles, pew pew lasers at full charge, BLAST OFF! Wooooooo~

I'd rather that the developers not get this idea too firmly in their head right now. There is far too much work to be done on the existing gameplay. Long before they add any new actual game modes, I'd like to see map-relevant tilesets (like, skyboxes that actually show the planet you're nearest, instead of some random collection of planets that don't exist).

That being said, I would rather like "space" in the form of space walk missions. Like, Tenno sprinting across the OUTSIDE of a ship, with corpses floating away into the darkness when shot.