Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Sentinel As A Backpack ?

Lluid

Hi,

The main aim of this post is to know if other players feel uncomfortable with sentinels. I think they can be useful, or at least another fun part of the game. But are you OK with having such a strange creature above your head ? Doesn't it seem to control your mind ? Isn't it trying to obstruct your view ? Aren't you often trying to kill it because you think it's an enemy ?

Well, I tried it, but it's not for me. In order to add to the possibilities of the game, I think there could be other types of sentinels. I saw interesting posts about "dog" sentinels or "drones" flying to enemies. Still not for me, but interesting.

My own proposition would simply be a "backpack" sentinel. It would not be directly against your back because of weapons (well as you wish), but rather flying just behind you. It could have several uses of course :

- attack or stun enemies but only behind you ?

- create a temporary wall behind you ? (when on command consoles for instance)

- add 2 inventory slots / add a percentage of ammo to guns ?

- have a little boost when sprinting and jumping for instance ?

- a little bit of energy recovery ?

Tell me what you think !

run away from something why shooting backward. sentinel is now in your view and in the way.

i wouldnt mind the idea of attachment tho. in global agenda techs had another arm attached their shoulder they used to repair things. it would be cool if there was a sent that was attached to us in some way and did the say job. wouldn't care if it did anything new just think it would be neat.

other than that sents arent that bad. you get use to it honestly. now i hardly ever even notice it.

But are you OK with having such a strange creature above your head ?

Doesn't it seem to control your mind ?

Isn't it trying to obstruct your view ?

Aren't you often trying to kill it because you think it's an enemy ?

Yes.

No.

No.

No.

And no, i am not opposed to NEW sentinels acting as a backpack, 

For all the mini suggestions, those would make great mods for sentinels, and can also apply to current sentinels.  Honestly why CANT i use my cube as a stepping stone to jump that just too large pit?

run away from something why shooting backward. sentinel is now in your view and in the way.

i wouldnt mind the idea of attachment tho. in global agenda techs had another arm attached their shoulder they used to repair things. it would be cool if there was a sent that was attached to us in some way and did the say job. wouldn't care if it did anything new just think it would be neat.

other than that sents arent that bad. you get use to it honestly. now i hardly ever even notice it.

We need a warframe with a shoulder turret.

Off topic, WHY IS THE WORD WARFRAME "spelled wrong" ON THE WARFRAME FORUMS?!?! D:<

+1 Backpacks idea is interesting.

I just simply got used to having a Sentinel over my shoulder, it's not obstructing my view anymore.

Off topic, WHY IS THE WORD WARFRAME "spelled wrong" ON THE WARFRAME FORUMS?!?! D:<

I assume you mean the squiggly red line? Spellcheck is local, dude. Check your browser/PC.

We need a warframe with a shoulder turret.

Yep, shoulder attachment would be pretty awesome. Think Predator or the shoulder Gatling gun on War Machine.