Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Processor overheat since SoTR update

Quanlain

Well, the problem is: Warframe is now slowly killing my PC.
My PC shuts down after a bit time in the warframe, bigger the map and the amount of enemies on it - faster it will take for my pc to (overheat) shut down.
I did changed my paste on processor, boosted the coolers, never overclocked my PC, did everything to Unpark my CPU cores as it was said in one of the pinned topics. 
My PC still is having some issues with overheat. 
Every other game works just fine. Playing small maps in warframe is heating my CPU up to ~50-60 degrees, sometimes leading to instant shutdown.

Intel core i5-4570 3.20GHz

Edited by Quanlain

Did you guys ever clean your whole pc out and undust all the vents and fans on it?

Overheating issues related to Warframe do not indicate that Warframe is The culprit here, I say if you burn in test your CPU it will likely fail.

The reasons for this are: 

Inadequate CPU cooling, AKA your cooler cannot keep up and lets your CPU throttle and eventually shut down.

Inadequate Case ventilation, AKA get more fans or Clean all the vents and fans out, they are probably full of clogs of dust.

Wrongly applied Thermal Interface Material, AKA too much is not good and too little is not good also, and please do not spread it with your fingers just let it spread.

ETC yes there could be a random case your CPU is just a dud and goes up in flames (not for real of course just breaks down).

So please reply and I can perhaps see or predict what is the culprit here.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

On 23.07.2016 at 10:53 AM, TheRoaringLion said:

Did you guys ever clean your whole pc out and undust all the vents and fans on it?

Overheating issues related to Warframe do not indicate that Warframe is The culprit here, I say if you burn in test your CPU it will likely fail.

The reasons for this are: 

Inadequate CPU cooling, AKA your cooler cannot keep up and lets your CPU throttle and eventually shut down.

Inadequate Case ventilation, AKA get more fans or Clean all the vents and fans out, they are probably full of clogs of dust.

Wrongly applied Thermal Interface Material, AKA too much is not good and too little is not good also, and please do not spread it with your fingers just let it spread.

ETC yes there could be a random case your CPU is just a dud and goes up in flames (not for real of course just breaks down).

So please reply and I can perhaps see or predict what is the culprit here.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

The problem is solved. Actually it came from there where I did not expected it. It was my thermal sensor overheating, not a processor or anything else. And that led to computer emergency shutdown, despite CPU beign cool.
Btw, i'm not that kind of person, who can change paste and do not clean his computer from dust, it's just silly not to clean it.

The main reason i said that warframe is killing my PC is because i haven't that issue in any other game, only Warframe.

Edited by Quanlain

Well Warframe in particular is a CPU heavy game, I just concluded that if I artificially raise the resolution (Nvidia DSR) it becomes more and more GPU focussed.

Warframe has the capability to crash your system if sensors fail or just your pc is overheating.

Try to burn in test your pc with nothing important running: http://www.passmark.com/download/bit_download.htm

Use the non professional edition it will be as good as the normal one tho

for the GPU if you use one use MSI combustor (Set it to fullscreen): https://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner (Section downloads)

MSI afterburner could help if you have a GPU that supports manual overclocking.

Furthermore Try to burn in your system both parts on their own and then with both, to see when your system fails and shuts off.

If this happens More then Likely your system is not cooling well and you should bring it to a Computer fixing store or something like that And let it be undusted.

Also it could be helpful if you post your Specs

My specs:

• MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard
  • Intel Core I7 4790k CPU running on 4.8 GHz OC
  • Antec Kuhler H2O 920 Water Cooling
  • MSI 4GB D5 X GTX 970 Gaming 4G Graphics cards in SLI
  • Crucial 32 GB DDR3-1600 RAM DIMM Memory.
  • 250GB Crucial SSD .
  • 4x 1TB Western Digital Blue HDD in Raid 0.
  • Cooler Master G750M, 750 Watt PSU

I hope I am helpful for you and that you could fix this issue sooner or later.