Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework On Codex Scanning - Helios

(XBOX)Cephalon 7

Hi DE! I was wondering is there any thoughts to doing a rework on Helio's or codex scanning?

Reasons for this is because scanning is to slow you need a few seconds to scan but in that time enemies

either run off or get killed by other squad mates so it makes codex scanning very annoying. Is there anyway to speed up

the required scan time to instantly? Currently Helios has to like sync to a target then scan it but in that time is when everything

either gets killed or runs off. Its so hard trying to get codex scanning done when you keep losing out on codex scans cause of

other players. Please fix this or speed it up. Also is there anyway to do a --FIX-- on helios scanning mod to where it or codex scanning will

scan objects and enemies at the same speed rate or allow you to multi-scan objects or enemies? I know helios doesnt get much love in the

world of warframe. I do however like helios alot and would like to see some improvements or skins are sentinal parts added to the world of warframe.

Show your love! Love Your Sentinal :D

There's nothing wrong with Helios' scan time.  It should go without saying, but make sure the precept mod is max rank, for faster scanning.  Also, remove its attack precept, so it doesn't waste time attacking, as it cannot both attack and scan at the same time.  Otherwise, pulling out a scanner, and scanning a target yourself is always much faster, anyway.  Helios was never intended to surpass player scanning, but rather to simplify it, and make it less of a chore, by automating it, and allowing the player to collect scans without having to actively put forth the effort to do so.  If Helios was better, in every way, than manually scanning a target, then manually scanning would become completely obsolete, and that's a poor balance decision.

If you're having issues with other players killing your scan target before it's fully scanned, you can always play solo.  Or, if you need team support, play with friends/clanmates.  And, always remember to communicate.  I know that a lot of pub players are #$&(%-nozzles, but a fair number of them are kind enough to allow other players to accomplish personal goals.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Rakiokon said:

There's nothing wrong with Helios' scan time.  It should go without saying, but make sure the precept mod is max rank, for faster scanning.  Also, remove its attack precept, so it doesn't waste time attacking, as it cannot both attack and scan at the same time.  Otherwise, pulling out a scanner, and scanning a target yourself is always much faster, anyway.  Helios was never intended to surpass player scanning, but rather to simplify it, and make it less of a chore, by automating it, and allowing the player to collect scans without having to actively put forth the effort to do so.  If Helios was better, in every way, than manually scanning a target, then manually scanning would become completely obsolete, and that's a poor balance decision.

If you're having issues with other players killing your scan target before it's fully scanned, you can always play solo.  Or, if you need team support, play with friends/clanmates.  And, always remember to communicate.  I know that a lot of pub players are #$&(%-nozzles, but a fair number of them are kind enough to allow other players to accomplish personal goals.

I must disagree with you on this.

what you're saying can be compared to having a car kit that is deliberately build in such a way that your choice to use the car kit while driving is a matter of preference that should be made daily... which isn't, simply because of the safety aspects, you'll want to focus on the traffic. 

For players that have only a couple of targets to go in their codex scans, they make the choice (mostly) to scan with manual scanner. But for those players that are basically at less than 50% of their codex, it's more than logic to have the Helios equipt and scanning for them. Now scanning a Simaris target is seen as an extra luxury (you must first trap your target and such before scanning), but scanning for codex should be done swiftly with or without Helios. That shouldn't be a topic for discussion imo. 

Now, the manual scanner is already tweaked if I'm correct, so it's a matter of time before Helios' scanning time is also tweaked.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, (XB1)Cephalon 7 said:

Well as far as im concered the scanning is to slow. no matter what we say or think of it. its slow. needs to be reworked or upgraded. or speed up. tired of losing targets due to durp durps not noticing a target

You could always solve that slow issue an scan your self i run with my helios an scanners an my loki just so i get double scans for the price of one i hate scanning targets ro but its the only thing i need to do in the game due to the lack of no new content 

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, (XB1)Cephalon 7 said:

I mean im a huge fan boy of helios. one of my fav sentinals because of deconstructor is op as hell. If u ever get around to using it i suggest trying it out for max dmg.

My 3-Forma Prime Sweeper would like to have a word with you: 843 total damage as well as a 2nd build with increased fire rate for CC that prevents Infested from venturing too close. Ahh-may-zzzzing.

But I am with you on how S L O W it scans. I can't tell you if it scans slower that the "Looter" mod for the Carrier opens crates up. I really do believe that ALL Sentinels should be given some sort of speed buff.